“the Greece of old re-found”
Review of Hotel Dina

Hotel Dina
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Reviewed 13 December 2012

If you, like me, are horrified by the prospect of stumbling into a mass-tourism resort by accident, then the island of Paros is for you. In particular the the town of Parikia, and specifically a wonderful little hotel slap bang in the middle of this atmospheric old town, called Dina. Owner run by the gracious Dina herself, the hotel is simple but comfortable, clean and convenient. The beds were soft (not often a given in Greek hotels) and the linen fresh. Double-glazed windows keep the temperature pleasant and the aircon worked a treat. At the price, this one's a winner.

Room Tip: Go for Room 1 which has a good en-suite shower room and the bedroom is spacious, overlooking a pictu...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We booked the Hotel Dina because it was central / close to everything. We were pleasantly surprised by how peaceful it was too - no cars in the old city helps but also we were over a side street and heard not a sound all night... Our balcony - tiny but beautiful - looked out directly at the archetypical little Greek church with a blue dome - gorgeous. The room was tiny but very comfortable. Dina was a lovely hostess - wish she had done breakfasts though - I am sure they would have been great! But there were plenty of choices close by.

Room Tip: don't remember the number (maybe no 8) but the one with balcony looking out on the little church...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We visited DINA HOTEL on 24 of August 2012 for 3 nights after reccomenadation from a friend Alexandra.It was just so unique, because we felt like it was our room,due to the fact that we could touch everything.
It was amazing clean.The smell of freshness starts from the time you enter the main corridor with the lovely healthy flowers.The room has everything you may need(towels a/c bathroom shower etc) Furthermore, the place is really ideal inside the small narrows streets of the town without noise and at 1 min away from the beach and the sunset.
But ,the most important is how comfortble made us feel Mrs Dina!
She is a lady that love her visitors,offer with care more than will be needed specially when my husbant got sick suddenly ,loves her activity and really she is adorable.
Thank YOU .Evangelia +Panos
We will be back again in the future when our childen grow up .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I had a lovely stay at Hotel Dina, which is located in the historical center of Parikia, a short walk from the ferry. Owner Dina was awaiting my arrival, even though I arrived on a late ferry from Santorini. As a single female traveler, Hotel Dina provided a safe, comfortable environment as a home base. Centrally located, it was an easy walk around town, to shops, restaurants, ferry and bus. The room was immaculate, newly updated, very quiet, with a very comfortable bed. Dina provided information and suggestions throughout my stay. Since I visited during the first storm of the season, the weather had an impact on my sight-seeing. I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Dina and hope to be back in June or September to continue my sight seeing adventure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank roxana123
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This Hotel was just great! beautiful small & simple hotel, comfortable, cosy & very clean. Located in the centre of Parikia (Paros), just a few minutes walk from the port. Wish I could have stayed a few more days!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank duguayma
Reviewed 2 September 2011

On my way to Koufonisia I stopped one night in Parikia and stayed at Hotel Dina cause I found good reviews.
Arriving from the port of Paros, the hotel is extremely convenient and at walking distance.
We were 2 and were able to walk with our luggage to the hotel without any problem and do the same the day after. there are some hotels in front of the port, but i wanted something more typical.
From the port, you just walk through the main street for few blocks (not the promenade but the inner one) and then the hotel is on the street, on the left, in front of a little fountain and Franco Scala restaurant.
You recognized the sign of the hotel and you go inside a corridor and find Dina's reception and private home. She helped ud with the bags and showed our room.
When i booked I expressly asked to have that specific room with the view on the blue dome of the church and she did!
The room is extremely basic..but clean and tidy with its private bathroom (I read some rooms have also shared bathroom but it was not our case). There is also a refrigerator in the room and a small drawer. Maybe the bathroom is not new but clean and with everything you may need.
The structureof the hotel is very nice: some rooms are on the ground floor and some on the first floor. The decor is the typical one in Greece: white walls, blue doors and a lot of trees, plants and vegetation. On the first floor there is also a small shared terrace with some chairs and a couple of tables to enjoy the evening or just relax.
They don't accept credit card, so make sure to have money with you...
From our room facing the street, it was lovely to look down and see all the people walking on the street. the stores are beautiful and elegant, and if you walk 2 blocks, you arrive on the promenade which is full of excellent places to eat.
We had a look around and then decided to go to Apollon Garden, a restaurant just 2 or 3 doors after hotel Dina which was delicious..
I strongly recommend this hotel. it is simple but also traditional and with its location is very convenient to explore Parikia and stay close to the port.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EuDiMu
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed at Hotel Dina for four nights in the middle of June, 2011 and I can echo most of the other favourable comments that have been made about this place on TripAdvisor. Hotel Dina is in an ideal location in the heart of Parikia, within walking distance of most of the town’s attractions, including the Frankish castle and the Church of Agia Eleni. The waterfront with its many restaurants is only a couple of blocks away and the Archaeological Museum and the Panagia Ekatontapyliani (“Church of a Hundred Doors”) can also be reached easily enough on foot. Although the hotel is situated on one of Parikia’s busier streets, one very rarely hears any street noise because most of the rooms face an inner courtyard and the courtyard’s wall itself runs alongside a private garden. In fact, I think the only noise that ever disturbed me during my stay was the noise of a couple of cats fighting in the private garden.

Regarding accommodation, Hotel Dina is essentially a budget hotel and thus one shouldn’t expect opulence. My room was furnished in a very simple and basic manner, but was nevertheless attractive, spacious, and comfortable. Meanwhile, as many reviewers have already observed, the rooms are very well maintained and mine was absolutely spotless.

Dina herself is a very gracious host. I found her to be a bit shy and reserved, perhaps because she might not have been quite sure what to make of me! As a solo, middle-aged, male traveler, I suspect that I don’t represent the typical Hotel Dina patron (most tend to be couples and many, I believe, are repeat visitors). Nevertheless, Dina was extremely helpful to me and provided some good restaurant recommendations as well as tips on how best to explore Paros. She even took time out from her busy schedule to explain how the flushing mechanism on the toilet worked when I couldn’t figure it out! (It involved pulling a lever down, not pushing a button.)

One peculiarity about Hotel Dina is worth mentioning because I hadn’t noticed it mentioned in any previous review. Although plenty of little bars of soap were supplied in the bathroom, no shampoo was similarly provided. I thought this seemed odd and I wondered at first if it was an oversight, but no shampoo was left by housekeeping on the second day of my stay so it would seem that shampoo is not included as part of the amenities for Hotel Dina’s rooms. Anyway, this was not a big issue for me and I simply bought a small bottle of shampoo at a local convenience store, which lasted me for the remainder of my time on Paros and for the time I spent on the next three islands I visited in the Cyclades.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Johannes56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parikia
Argonauta Hotel
#21 of 46 in Parikia
Irene Hotel and Studios
Irene Hotel and Studios
#19 of 46 in Parikia

Been to Hotel Dina? Share your experiences!