“If what you need is a small, traditional, clean and close to the beach hotel, Dilion is appropriate for you!”
Review of Dilion Hotel

Dilion Hotel
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My friend and I spent our Easter vacations in Paros at Dilion Hotel. It is located very close to the port and main town(approximately 10-15 minutes walk) and just 100 meters walk from the beach Livadia. Our room, in white and blue and traditionally decorated in Aegean Sea's Island style, was spacious, the bathroom was a bit small, but both areas were very - very clean. We had our own balcony which was just beside the little -full of flowers- courtyard. Breakfast was excellent for a C category hotel and it is served at the courtyard. Finally, the personnel was very friendly, polite and willing to serve you and give you tips about restaurants, beaches, and things to do in the island. If what you need is a small, traditional, clean and close to the beach hotel, Dilion is appropriate for you!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Owner Elena offered via email prior our trip to pick us up from the Parikia port. We took up her offer due to our late ferry arrival at 10.30pm and received her pick-up confirmation which stated she would hold a card with my name at the port. When we arrived at the port, we saw no one and waited for half hour until the entire port was deserted, before deciding to walk to the hotel. She insisted we did not ask her to pick up from the port, even though we had a printed copy of her email response which said otherwise. Anyway, we were too tired and hungry after a long ferry trip and a late night 15min walk to the hotel with our bags, so we did not want to argue with her as we just wanted to check in to our room as quickly as possible.

The room was pleasantly clean and airy with a small bathroom. The hotel was just a minute's walk from a beach. The neighbourhood looked residential and was quiet, which makes it a good location for rest. There was a balcony in our room, and you can see the beach not too far a distance away.

When we checked out of our room, she still did not apologise for forgetting about our pick-up and chose to pretend nothing happened. That pretty much marred our experience with her hotel, a pity given the rave reviews most other travellers had lavished on this hotel.

Just a reminder to all travellers that things like this do happen despite confirmations, so do be prepared to walk if you have to.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank teerameesoo
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My family and I spent a week at this great little hotel. Elena and Georgia took wonderful care of us, suggesting places to eat and where to enjoy the island. The room was decorated in a charming island style and was clean and well serviced. Breakfast was served in the rear courtyard and was lovely, particularly the cherry jam! Thanks for a memorable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

My stay in Paros has by far been the best of my stay in the Greek islands!!!

Elena at the hotel is warm and friendly and gives great tips on where to eat :)

The room was spaceous and clean with a great little balcony that got all day sun!!

The outdoor eating area was a great way to start the day and the breakfast was pleasant too :)

I would highly recommend staying at Dilion as it's proximity to the beach, town and port is perfect.

Thanks again Dilion Hotel for making my stay so worthwhile!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We found this Hotel to be very clean, rooms very good size . The location was fantastic asmall beach just a few yards across the road and about a 10 min walk to the Town and Port. The owners picked us up from the port and took us back to the port on our departure. The breakfast was adequate and you could sit out in the terrace area, The owner was very helpful he even took our washing to launderette and we had it back next day dry and ironed at a very reasonable cost. We would definately recommend this hotel for your visit to Paros and we would definately stay here again.Thank you Dillion Hotel for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank edwena
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We booked through Booking.com. Great staff, good location, next to beach, clean and beautyful hotel, free WiFi, fridge, balcony, TV, A/C, hairdryer.. everything u need. And free transport from/to port!! We really enjoyed ur stay, Thanks! Would definitely stay again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Satu B
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Although this was a good hotel, with a great location and fairly decent rooms, I was very disappointed with the service we received from the owner. I booked a room at this hotel on venere.com and was told I would get a confirmation email. Since I didn't, after a week I emailed the hotel directly to ask if my booking had gone through. They did not email me back, and so I assumed the booking had not worked. I then got my sister (who I was going with) to book a room, as we really wanted to stay at this hotel. We spent 4 nights at the hotel, and we were pleased by the quality of it given the price. Unfortunately, upon returning from our trip to Greece, I found I had been charged £60 by this hotel for not turning up. I emailed the hotel to explain what had happened and asked for my money back, but they refused to refund me. Since they took my passport at the beginning of our stay they knew it was me who had booked the other room they had apparently prepared. I am not happy with this and do not think this hotel had the right to take my money. I would therefore be incredibly hesitant in recommending this hotel to any other travellers.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank UB4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parikia
Hotel Paros
#14 of 46 in Parikia
Irene Hotel and Studios
Irene Hotel and Studios
#16 of 46 in Parikia

Been to Dilion Hotel? Share your experiences!