Dilion Hotel
  • Beachfront
US$240
US$187
Agoda.com
Apollon Boutique Hotel(Parikia)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$98
US$94
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Sunset View Hotel(Parikia)(Great Value!)
US$94
Polos Hotel(Parikia)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$41
US$47
CheapTickets
US$116
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I and may girlfriend stayed in this Hotel during the period 15-20 June 2009
Dilion is a very nice hotel. The service is good, the rooms are very clean, spacious and provided with all your needs, there's a very nice garden and is very close to the centre of Parikia and at only 30 meters from Livadia beach. The inside and outside is decorated in cycladic blue and white style and i'ts very nice to see. Elena, the hotel's owner, was very nice with us and made us feel very welcome.
Highly recomended

Dario &Cristina

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2009

We were impressed by the look of the hotel with beautiful decorating, nice rooms, courtyard with tables. Unfortunately, the family who run the hotel made us feel as if we were uninvited house guests. They provided the bare necessities but did not make any effort to make us feel welcome or interact with us more than they had to. They had two small babies that seemed to keep them too busy for their guests. They also smoked a lot! They smoked in the lobby so much in the evenings that it made it hard to sleep. During breakfast they smoked outside but they sat at a table right beside the door so the smoke blew into the breakfast room anyways. The positive side to this hotel is that we saw lots of the island because we wanted to spend as little time in the hoel as possible!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank auntiepenelle
Dilion, Owner at Dilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2009

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and your remarks.
We are very sorry if we gave you this impression, we don't understood what exactly made you feel not welcome but for sure the reason was not our babies (we hope). Regarding the smoking you are absolutely right, this is a very bad habit and this definately will stop permanently and officialy as well. I, personally as the owner of the hotel apologize for the inconvenience regarding the smoking. We try to have satisfied guests and we are very soryy if you are not among them. I would be very glad to here your specific complains.

Reviewed 27 June 2008

I stayed at This hotel in late may of 2008.

I had forgotten to call ahead for pick up, so I decided to drag my suit cases about 700 meters to the hotel. It is not a long walk, but carrying 75lbs of suit cases in 35 degree weather was a little difficult. They allowed me to check in early which was good because my ferry arrived at 11am. There is no elevator which was fine with me. The man at the front carried my bags up for me which was awesome cause there is no way I could have done it myself. The inside is decorated in cycladic blues and white. Plain but still nice. The rooms were very plain. I had my own little balcony with chairs and a small table. It overlooked a gorgeous pool that sadly was not for me to use.

The one downside of the hotel, was that there is a very loud echo in the hallway and the doors are very loud. Every time a door was opened or closed, or something was dropped on the floor I could hear it loud and clear. Room service also started quite early. The made quite a bit of noise, and they ended up being my alarm clock for my whole say.

I did love that the hotel was about a 1 minute walk from a nice sandy beach. And about a 5 - 10 minute stroll in to town. Breakfast was basic, I only had it once because I am not really a breakfast person, but it was just hard boiled eggs, yogurt, some cakes and jam.

I might stay here again, because it was very cheap. If I return to Paros, I might stay somewhere with a pool.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Prime-image
Parosfan, Owner at Dilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2008

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review in our hotel, this help us to be better. Regarding your complains for your transportation we are not responsible because we did not notified from you for your arrival in order to arrange your transportation from the port. All hotels in Paros (Parikia) are traditional hotels and is not allowed to have elevators because there is a big effort to keep the traditional color in the island. In our hotel there is No swimming pool, and we never say that we have. If swimming pool was so important for you, you should tried to find a hotel which has one.
For the noise in the hall we appolozige, but some times there are some guest who are not respect the need of others. We try to avoid any noise during from midnight to 8oclock in the morning and from 14:00 to 18:00 by asking our guest to respect it. There is also a written request in all our rooms.
Thank you once again for your review and we really hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2008

This hotel is located about 700 metres from the port, a long way if you are carrying luggage. Our travel agent told us we had a pick up, but this didn’t happen. The hotel staff said they weren’t asked to do a pick up and they didn’t ask if we wanted one. This summed up the hotel; they did the minimum and didn’t go out of their way in any way.

Staying here should have been a treat, the hotel is immaculate and the rooms spacious with a fridge and little balconies and there is a lovely bar area downstairs and an outside courtyard. As we have travelled we have been spoilt with super friendly hosts that have made our stay, so when it didn’t happen here it let this place down. There was almost no interaction other than the formalities. It all felt clinical.

Breakfast was terrible. There were cornflakes, boiled egg, bread and jam. Not so bad but the bread was day old, every day.

There was internet and we were given a password for the Wifi. We weren’t told there would be a charge and every other place we stayed at did not charge for wifi, so we assumed if was free of charge, rather than the 5 euros we were billed. Not in itself a problem but the Wifi was so slow we only used it for 15 minutes! We hadn’t complained, as we didn’t know of the charge, so we just paid the bill.

On our last day we arranged a hotel transfer back to the port at 11.15 for a 11.50 ferry. When we arrived in the reception we were told the person would be back at 11.30 to take us there. We were concerned if he was late we would stress so we walked the 700 metres again! After three days in the hotel we were not surprised, this hotel simply didn’t put the guests’ needs first.

A shame really as it all looked so good. We wouldn’t stay here again, friendlier is definitely better.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Ouseboy
Reviewed 30 March 2008

Paros was the last stop on our 2-week trip in Greece. We found the island to be somewhat boring (beautiful though!) and the hotel was very basic- no pool, no beach. The front desk was nice enough, but we decided to check out a day early and return to Athens for some excitement.

The one major plus of the island was an outdoor movie theater. My boyfriend and i went out for dinner then watched The Pirates of the Caribbean on a bigscreen in English (Greek subtitles) on a beatiful clear night.

The hotel was generally quite clean-- except i found a cockroach in the room which freaked me out.

Generally it was a decent stay, but nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amatoje
Parosfan, Owner at Dilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2008

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. Those reviews help us to be better.
Our hotel has no a swimming pool and you can see it if you take a look in our hotel's facilities.
The beach is very close, only 50m from the hotel, we are sorry if you didn't noticed. This beach (livadia beach) is the longest beach in Parikia and you can find sunbed, ombrellas and beach bars as well.
For the nightlife and excitement you can visit Paros in July and August, because in the low season most of the bars and clubs are closed.
This insect you found in your room was not a cockroach, because we have decontamination every month and we have certificates for this. This insect flyes and can easily get in your room if you have your door open.
We thank you very much for your comments.