Stayed at the sunset view 18th of july. Was slightly worried what I had booked but I should not have worried.
Flew into Mykonos where we had a pleasant wait of 4 hours for the ferry but It was nice to relax in the harbour and grab lunch.
The coach dropped us off on the main road and Parikia and we looked a bit lost but the Sunsets owner was there to grab our cases and point us up the hill to the apartments.
We were given a apartment next to the pool with a patio area. The partments a quite big and comfy with a nice seperate bathroom. The cooking facilites are typical of all greek apartments but it they were clean and fairly new and adequate to make breakfast and lunch in.
The Sunset has a lovely large pool and a snack bar/restaurant on site where the food is good if you don't fancy a stroll into town .
The week we were there, we were surrounded by some great other people who made the holliday. We kept finiding ourselves sitting out each evening chatting away to the couples in the apartments adjacent to us. Enjoying ourselves so much we werent making it into town for dinner till 10pm each night.
Parikia itself is a lovely traditonal old greek town/port. Theres plenty of choice for bars and restaurant. We found the best to be in the old town area. If you can find the cafe opposite the wired internet cafe ran by the Scottish lady karen. She is an awesome host and the bar even has live music some nights and they do an fantastic breakfast to boot. She will also give you directions to the best steak house in town sorry i cnat remember its name.
Didnt have a bad meal all week and found the best dessert's at the Love cafe.
The sunset actually are better than the pictures show of it in any brochure. The place has been done up since the brochure pictures were taken. Only downside is the little steep hill upto the property so it's totally no good for the older generation im afraid unless you are very fit.. Theres a supermarket on the main road just down from the apartments so its not to far to haul the groceries
Hired two quad bikes to see the island and we managed to find some very isolated little beaches . The island such a lovely small place to explore. Santa maria in the north has probably the biggest stretch of sand but Parikia's beaches are great if you don't fancy exploring
We had a great holiday i just wished it could have carried on for longer. You wont be disappointed by what you get at the sunset or in Parikia. And to the others who we met thank you for such a great time and yes im still in the uk
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset View Hotel & Apartments, one of the best hotels in Paros, it has been built amphitheatrically above the town of Parikia , in a unique traditional island style. The family hotel offers a pleasant stay with a variety of amenities. The rooms of one space and the apartments are surrounded by large terraces or balconies with amazing views of the town of Parikia, the pool, the unique bay of Parikia with the deep blue of the sea and of course the sunset. Only 10 minutes from the port but away from the noise of the center, 9 km from Naoussa and a junction point for the other villages and beaches. The quiet atmosphere and aesthetic quality, make your holiday at Sunset View a highly wonderful experience. All the one room apartments are featured with a double and a single bed and can accommodate 2-3 people. The two bedroom apartments, feature a double bed and the rest of the rooms are equipped with single beds to accommodate 4, 5 and 6 people. The two-room suites feature a separate living room and large terrace with table and chairs. Sunset view is featured with restaurant and lounge cocktail bar with a stanning view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset View Parikia
- Sunset View Hotel Parikia
- Sunset View Paros, Greece - Parikia