“A hidden gem in the Cyclades”

Siroco's Rooms and Studios
Ranked #18 of 53 Parikia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I booked this place for it's super-cheap rate, complimentary pick up from Paros Airport, and high reviews on other sites. I was not disappointed! Picked up right at the airport, the owner greeted me and other guests and checked us in to our rooms. The hotel had a pretty courtyard, covered tables, and was a nice place to mingle with friends. My room was clean, quiet, and fairly basic - a desk, a TV, an armoire, a small bathroom, and two twin beds. Programmable aircon was nice to suit your needs. It had a private backyard patio, with beautiful flowers and plants that felt oh-so-Mediterranean. With only a short walk, you can get to the pier for ferry transport - near the dock are some shops, Alpha Bank, ticket office, restaurants, and a cool historical windmill.

Best part of Sirocos - the people working there. One of the guys behind the desk offered to show me around the chora (city center) after work, and after a short, picturesque walk through alleyways of white and blue houses, I was right along the waterfront with plenty of restaurants, cafes, bars, etc. We went out that night and had drinks at a nice, low-key bar on the alleyways of the city center, and introduced me to a new drink - Metaxa and Sprite. There is a beautiful old church in the center of town, and a great place to walk around without too much hustle and bustle. Paros was (to me) nothing like big tourist islands like Mykonos, Santorini, and others... it had a small-town, friendly feeling that made me wish I had spent more time in Paros, and less time in Athens!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank minaviggen

Reviewed 6 January 2009

We spent four fantastic days at the hotel and would go back in a heartbeat. Even before we arrived, Pricila was extremely helpful as she emailed me asking if we needed a free transfer from the airport. Despite the air conditioning unit breaking just after we arrived (they got it fixed the next day and we didn't really need it anyway), our room was great. We had our own private roof deck that overlooked the mountains. The room was clean and had a fridge that had some items in it or we could put in our own. The pool area is small, but very nice and the other people we met staying at the hotel were extremely friendly.

As for location, it is about a 10 minute walk from Paroikia which was fine for us as we enjoyed walking through the side streets of the town. One bonus with not being right downtown is that there is a great little bakery and a small grocery store within a two minute walk. We used both almost every day and often enjoyed wine, patries and snacks on our roof top deck.

In the end, the real difference maker with this hotel is the staff. Everyone there was extremely friendly and willing to provide us with recommendations (food, drink and beaches). Any and all of our needs were met without an issue and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesBChicago
Reviewed 4 November 2008

This was the fifth year in a row we chose to stay at Siroco's. We always come back because of the great, friendly service and good location. Priscila, the manager, goes out of her way to make guests feel comfortable and does what she can to ensure all guests have a great holiday on Paros. We like this place so much that for our destination wedding this past August, we encouraged our family and friends to stay here as well. Priscila was great with organizing this and answering all of our questions.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable with mini-fridges, etc. The apartments with kitchens are great for those staying a while who would like to cater their own meals and the balcony views are great. The basement rooms are extremely good value for those on a budget. We've stayed in many different rooms over the years and can verify that all of them are well-kept and clean.

The pool is nice for laying out by and it's very convenient to have an internet cafe in reception. The bar is right there as well and it's very laid back. The breakfast is also nice for those mornings you don't feel like walking anywhere, and the laundry service is a godsend for island hoppers.

As for location, Siroco's is only about a 5-10 minute walk from the very center of Paroikia with all of it's restaurants and nightlife. We prefer being here as the hotels in the Old Town can be rather noisy, especially at night. And being just a bit off the ring road makes it easier to get to other parts of the island and some of the nearby beaches (15 minute walk to Parasporos).

We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Paros!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Flamekat
Reviewed 3 November 2008

We've just returned from a lovely holiday in Paros and we were lucky enough to have found Siroccos Apartments. It was an absolute out of season bargain! The rooms were more than adequate, well facilitated but above all of this we were made to feel very welcome. The staff were friendly and couldn't have been more helpful during our stay and particularly helpful in ensuring that we found our way home without any problems.

1  Thank learn_alive
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Greece - Cyclades Islands (Santorini, Paros and Mykonos)
We booked all our hotels/studios trhough www.greeka.com
Siroco's allways replied promplty to our questions. Priscilla, the manager was very helpful in our demands regarding, tours, renting a car, and suggestions.
We were very thankfull to you Priscilla. Siroco's is located 10min walking from the center of Parikia. The rooms were very clean, also the swiming pool. We stayed in a studio which had a nice varanda facing the beautiful mountains, a hot plate, nice internal space. We definitely recomend this place to anyone and certainly we will stay again on our next trip to Paros. Actually, Paros has beautifull beachs, dont forget to go to Colibrites, a post card beach, with lots of erosion formations and crystal clear water. Renting a car is necessary to get to know Paros and Anti Paros.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NortonBR
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Not just the hotel was more than I expected but I had a lot of help from the hotel staff.

The hotel is very clean and quiet, and offers all you need to make your stay very comfortable. And all that affordable, actually very good price what I paid for all the quality they offer.

I booked the hotel straight from their web site and they were very helpful helping with all information on how to get there like the ferry, and there was a staff waiting to pick me up at the port on my arrival even if they are very close to the town, just 5 minutes walk. They also helped me to organize my trip around the island and to other islands.

I had a nice room, good size and with my own balcony and the room was cleaned every day. They also have a lovely swimming pool where you can relax at the end of the day.

My best holiday I had so far thanks to Siroco's.

A special thanks to Pricila, Georgia, Eleni and Lauren.

If you are looking for a place to go in Greece Paros is a very good choice still has that Greek atmosphere not so populate with tourists and easy to travel to other islands, also is a beautiful island that is worth to spend time in and don’t forget to look for Siroco's Hotel I guarantee you will have a good stay in Paros.

I was sad I had to leave Paros but I am sure I will be back next year.

Pri please save a room for me for next year.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Luanabr
Reviewed 4 October 2008

We stayed 4 nights at the Siroco's and we were very satisfied about it; spacious room, with a little bathroom and a balcony, A/C and TV. The pool is small but not crowded so I used it several times!! The breakfast is not included and for 3 euros u can have a small one, but you have a big choice.. The staff is very helpfull and gentle (they also collected us at the airport); the city centre is only 5 minutes walking so you can park the car in front of the hotel and go there without taking it at all.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parikia
Minois Village Hotel Suites & Spa
Polos Hotel
Polos Hotel
#9 of 46 in Parikia
Kontaratos Studios & Apartments

Been to Siroco's Rooms and Studios? Share your experiences!