We are currently staying here on our honeymoon. First thing we asked for when we booked was a bottle of prosecco in our room for our arrival. Day 3, and it hasn't appeared!
We drove from naples, nice drive, great car..... Then we arrived in Ostuni, which is beautiful. First impressions somewhat tainted however, as we could not find the hotel. The only way to access it is on foot or using the hotels trike shuttle service from their parking facilities on the outskirts of town. We did not know this and after nearly an hour of driving round, following signs and driving through the tiniest of cobbled streets (whilst constantly trying to phone the hotel, whose number was out of service!!!) we parked in a car park miles away and walked up hundreds of steps carrying our luggage. When we got to the hotel we then had to wait, very hot and bothered, for our room to be made ready ( it was 2.30pm!!!)
We laughed this off, and enjoyed our evening wondering round the beautiful city. However, along with the no phones, was no WIFI. Not ideal!
Day 2 - phones and WIFI fixed by morning, but no hot water in our room. Gave up on cold showers and went for breakfast. Nice food, very slow service. Ate outside and no plates cleared so plagued by wasps! Nice coffee. On return to room, hot water back on, so showered and went to lovely locals beach as recommended by one of the staff. Great day and great lunch. We then had a massage, which was good, although punctuated by sounds of the plumber just outside banging etc, no not the most relaxing experience! Another lovely evening exploring, eating and drinking in Ostuni!
However when we got back to our room at midnight, there was NO WATER AT ALL!!! Went downstairs and was given 3 bottles for free to brush teeth etc. Good sleep, very comfy bed!
Then this morning.... (Despite everything we were still relatively good humoured about the whole thing) there was once again no hot water. So we did suffer very cold showers as we hadn't been able to have one last night. On going down for breakfast ( during which the service seems to have slowed to a stop.... Didn't get asked if we wanted hot drinks until after we had finished!) we explained about the water. They said to give them until 12pm! Got fed up at breakfast waiting for our coffees. Came back upstairs to be told hot water now working (it is luke warm at best!) we asked for our coffees in our room. We have been waiting for them now for 30mins. Hence writing this. Husband has just finally lost the plot and gone downstairs. Watch this space.............
All I can say is this place is and should be nice, but this week so far has been beyond a joke. Not what you expect from a 5 star honeymoon. We understand that things go wrong, but every effort should be made to compensate, and so far this is not happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais La Sommita' is a mansion of 16th century and represents the diamond at the top of the historical centre of Ostuni, with 15 elegant rooms divided in Deluxe, Deluxe View, Suite and one Master Suite.This is a retreat, a shelter, a moment of quiet in an over stimulated life, an environment that meant to envelop rather than impress.The interiors walk the line between an ascetic minimalism and a stylish luxury, in a palette of creams and off-whites, with the sort of quiet and solid furnishings that are the signifiers of high-end modern interior design. Stone walls, natural textile, wood are the materials that characterize the interiors of Relais La Sommita. The bathrooms are always characterized by the same minimalist style of wood, marble, stone, archway and Culti brands products and Bulgari for the Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your La Sommita Relais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Sommita Relais And Spa
- La Sommita Relais & Spa Hotel Ostuni
- La Sommita Relais Culti Ostuni
- La Sommita Relais Ostuni, Italy - Puglia