“Has a long reputation for fine dining and quality food.”
Review of La Nena

La Nena
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Anghiari
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Has a long reputation for fine dining and quality food.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The night we tried this restaurant we my wife and I were excited as it has a reputation for great true authentic regional food. The wait staff was not that attentive, unfortunately, and we never really got to enjoy our food. Our wine came and then our appetizer but as we started to eat water began dripping down onto the edge of our table and onto the floor beside us from the above ceiling. People all around us were pointing and staring but our waiter seemed not to notice and once i called attention to the matter simply said in Italian that it was probably the water from the bath upstairs that had overflowed. My wife I were amazed that he made no attempt to wipe our table or the floor and did not offer to reseat us at another table. Since we were hungry and didn't want to miss any potential good flavors from the region we continued on trying to eat our dinner, drink our wine and forget about the constant drip,drip, drip, of water bouncing off our table. I was so upset by the attitude and non attention of the server that I can't remember that much about our meals. We hurried through dinner leaning to one side of our table ate, paid our bill, which came with no offer to give us a discount for the conditions we suffered through. Now in fairness this experience was due to an apparently inexperienced or poorly trained service staff. The owner of the restaurant has a fine reputation for the best cuisine in the immediate area. She has been featured in promotional videos fir the Cummune of Anghiari, featuring her cooking skills, and all looked fabulous!! This restaurant has been recommended to me by many of my Italian friends who live in the
area. It was unfortunate that my one and only experience was
not the special one filled with wonderful flavors, and the taste sensations that I was hoping to find. If I were you at least put it on your list of special eatery's in Anghiari after all what is the chance that lightning will strike twice in the same place. We will probably give it another try ourselves. Mangia Bene

• Visited May 2013

Tallinn, Estonia
“Nice Meal, Super View”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

A typical Tuscan meal, with a view down the valley. Good wines, decent price, and some hearty country dishes you don't find stateside

Visited July 2013
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place is well rated for Tuscan food,but neither the risotto nor the veal were anything to write home about, being either full of fat and with an unsophisticated sauce or rather tasteless.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BrigitteM21
SITTINGBOURNE
“Good food reasonable prices”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Simple Italian food served at very reasonable prices. All the pasta dishes are first class.
Staff are very friendly and attentive. Visited this restaurant when recommended by the locals.
Will be visiting again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SittingbourneDobbie
London, United Kingdom
“Great italian food and a good Bistecca!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

La Nena is a good restaurant at the top of a roman road which adds to the atmosphere, we sat outside one evening and liked the roadside location with an amazing view of the road to Sansepulcro.
My husband had the bistecca which he thoroughly enjoyed and the meal was very good, I had the Italian sausages and beans which were excellent. My only comment is that though the service was very good and efficient, it could have been done with more of a smile.

• Visited July 2013