“A fairy tail week and my best memories in Italy”

Agriturismo La Loccaia
Kailua, Hawaii
“A fairy tail week and my best memories in Italy”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

La Loccaia is straight out of a movie. I did not know what to expect when I arrived on the property and drove up the little dirt road but it was even better than I could have imagined. Their farmhouse is on a quaint property surrounded by the Tuscan country. They have tons of olive trees and an amazing view of the mountains. Vineyards are just a walk away, that supply a lot of ingredients for their amazing meals, and a swimming pool! It is such a relaxing place! I had been in Italy for about 3 weeks prior to visiting La Loccaia and was not seeing or experiencing the true Italian culture. My 4 days spent in La Loccaia were the best days out of my 30 day trip. Me and my two friends were welcomed in like family. Alessandro did everything possible to make us feel comfortable including picnics, pizza making, great conversations, amazing wine, and he is an OUTSTANDING COOK! Best food I've had. I was so impressed by his hospitality and generosity. Not to mention after I left I had all of my memory cards of 8000 pictures stolen from my around the world adventure and Alessandro spent 6 months figuring out the best way to get me my pictures from my 4 days there so that I could remember the fairytale. He and his family went above and beyond for us and I would highly recommend La Loccaia to anyone looking for a taste of true Italian hospitality and culture on a relaxing and breath taking property. You will not regret your time here. Thanks so much Alessandro and Family! I hope to visit again sometime with my family!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Italy
Reviewed 9 December 2011

If you are searching for an unforgettable place, clean and cozy rooms, friendly staff and good prices to stay for I recommend to choose this agriturism place. Suitable for couples, single travellers and families.The staff is ready to help you in anything and prepares delicious dishes to enjoy to. In the morning you can enjoy the sunrise having a breathtaking beautiful Tuscan landscape and athmosphere around you and there's a possibility to buy the products they produce there, olive oil, wine santo, honey ecc.From May to October there's also available a swimming pool in the bautiful garden and not far away there's for example a mall with many shops to visit to and there are also many other things to do to. Absolutely an ideal place for every one worth visiting.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Satu K
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 13 April 2010

The agriturismo "La Loccaia" is a wonderful place! After travelling around Tuscany for a week, we finally found a genuine, peaceful place that included everything we dreamt of! We felt comfortable immediately. Situated in the midst of olive trees and green hills, a friendly italian family welcomed us. They just have a few rooms which are nicely furnished, with a great view and very calm.
Everybody took good care of us and we could feel that we really were the guests rather than a burden. We got a lot of information and recommendations what to do and where to go. On our last evening, we were invited to a typical italian dinner, which was a blast!
Very caring, attentive and generous family!
We absolutely do recommend!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
#62 of 82 in Arezzo
Antico Borgo
Antico Borgo
#2 of 4 in Civitella in Val di Chiana

Been to Agriturismo La Loccaia? Share your experiences!