“Very pleasant stay”

Agriturismo La Loccaia
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I visited Toscany and La Loccaia for the first time last January, stayed for 2 nights. Beautiful and peaceful place, very friendly owners too. Rooms clean and well equipped. Nearby lovely small old villages to visit, not far away from Firenze either. I truly recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lahti, Finland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

What a wonderful place! The owners were very friendly and for us finnish the perfect thing was that there is possible to get advise also in finnish. The breakfast was also perfect. Not only some sweet cakes, what is typical in Italy. See you again in septemper :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sirpa H
Seinajoki
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Vietimme syksyisen viikon Agriturismo La Loccaiassa, Toscanan sydämessä. Pienet mutkittelevat tiet, sypressit, kumpuilevat maisemat sekä horisontissa siintävät Apenniinit olivat kuin postikortista. Aamun heräåtystä tahdittivat vain lintujen liverrys raikkaassa ulkoilmassa. Huoneemme (Gioco) oli siisti,valoisa, tilava ja viihtyisä ja siihen kuului myös kiva pieni jääkaappi sekä kylpyhuone. Sängystä pelkkää plussaa!

Ruoka oli erittäin hyvää, Toscanassa kun ollaan. Sen valmistamiseen ja tarjoiluun oli todella nähty vaivaa. Omistajat, jotka ovat ystävällisiä,avuliaita ja vieraanvaraisia, saavat meidät takuuvarmasti palaamaan vielä uudelleen La Loccaiaan!Grazie!

Last autumn we spent a gorgeous week in agriturismo La Loccaia which is situated in the heart of Toscana. In the middle of the hills, olive trees and seeing the little roads, cypresses and other typical things of Toscana you feel like watching a postcard. How much we enjoyed waking up and hearing all the birds singing, far from the noise of traffic.

Our room (Gioco) was very luminous, comfortable and spacious, we also had a frigo and a nice bathroom. The bed was very good,too! We really fell in love with the Tuscan kitchen. The food was delicious and even though being a foreigner who doesn't speak Italian we felt like a home with other guests at the same table.

The owners are very friendly and ready to help you, we surely come back to this agriturismo and hopefully very soon!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Finlandia2012
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a relaxing break and a real taste of tuscany. The location is idillic- set amongst the farms own vinyard and olive grove with stunning views across val di chiana. The rooms are confortable and clean with good sized bathrooms and good shower pressure. You are welcomed into a traditional farmhouse dining area for your breakfast and about twice a week alessandro cooks a very reasonably priced traditional tuscan four course meal where you also drink the wine from the farm and vin santo. Alessandro is a very good cook and I would certainly recommend that you take advantage of this. They are extremely helpful and if you discuss your plans for the day with them they can give you leaflets and advice that helps you get the best out of your trip. This really was a wonderful find and I hope to return in the future.

• Stayed May 2012
Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I visited this place in May 2011 on my own. And I was very impressed in many aspects. The service was excellent, the landlord is very cordial who would read all the wishes from your eyes. So even if you are on your own you fell like at home quickly. Furthermore I enjoyed the delicious high-quality food and the beautiful landscape of this location. I would highly recommend to visit this place and I am looking forward to return here once more.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 13 February 2012

It's a very nice place! Surrounded by trees, located in a peaceful area (but at the same time, it's not far from the city) is created to rest and relax! I enjoyed my stay there, relaxing at the swimming pool, eating delicious food and fresh figs straight from the tree!
It is a very welcoming place - exactly as the owners, always kind and happy to help.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 5 February 2012

La Loccaia is straight out of a movie. I did not know what to expect when I arrived on the property and drove up the little dirt road but it was even better than I could have imagined. Their farmhouse is on a quaint property surrounded by the Tuscan country. They have tons of olive trees and an amazing view of the mountains. Vineyards are just a walk away, that supply a lot of ingredients for their amazing meals, and a swimming pool! It is such a relaxing place! I had been in Italy for about 3 weeks prior to visiting La Loccaia and was not seeing or experiencing the true Italian culture. My 4 days spent in La Loccaia were the best days out of my 30 day trip. Me and my two friends were welcomed in like family. Alessandro did everything possible to make us feel comfortable including picnics, pizza making, great conversations, amazing wine, and he is an OUTSTANDING COOK! Best food I've had. I was so impressed by his hospitality and generosity. Not to mention after I left I had all of my memory cards of 8000 pictures stolen from my around the world adventure and Alessandro spent 6 months figuring out the best way to get me my pictures from my 4 days there so that I could remember the fairytale. He and his family went above and beyond for us and I would highly recommend La Loccaia to anyone looking for a taste of true Italian hospitality and culture on a relaxing and breath taking property. You will not regret your time here. Thanks so much Alessandro and Family! I hope to visit again sometime with my family!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
#62 of 82 in Arezzo
Podere San Quirico
Podere San Quirico
#1 of 25 in Castelnuovo Berardenga

Been to Agriturismo La Loccaia? Share your experiences!