“Beauty is only skin deep”

and 1 more site!
Locanda dell'Amorosa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sinalunga
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The rooms are average with poor lighting. The beds are hard with inadequate pillows. Nice bathroom with a tub and separate shower, excellent towels. Quiet location except for the road noise. Large attractive buildings with lovely flowers and courtyard. The restaurant is average, in a stunning location. The grounds of this hotel are exceptional, and memorable .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

There is something to be said for a hotel that you just can't get out of your mind. Although it has been awhile I can still recall every glorious moment at this hotel.
Located in Sinnalunga, italy the Locanda dell amorosa is the place to stay when you are touring Tuscany. It's easy central location makes it easy to do day trips to hill towns of Tuscany. But the best part are the spacious fully modern rooms, the great wine bar, the perfect breakfasts and a great restaurant
The pool area is fabulous
Is it not fancy but beautifully old world Tuscan with modern conveniences
Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fabulous. The rooms are very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The grounds of the hotel are stunning. It's fancy but very relaxed and service is great. The team at reception was always willing to help with wine tours and restaurant reservations. The restaurant is good but nothing special. It's worth a visit for lunch if you are not staying at the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank emf77
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I'd just like to point out before I start my review that my review is based purely on the restaurant and not the actual hotel. The hotel and grounds are absolutely stunning. I have lived in Sinalunga for many years and Locanda dell'amorosa is well respected by both foreigners and locals.

I was on holiday in Sinalunga with my family and thought my wife and I deserved a treat and given that i'd never been to the Amorosa for a meal, in all the years I lived there, it was our first choice. We made a booking and the staff were extremely polite and nice which made us look forward to the meal even more. When we arrived we were seated by the pleasant waitress. Then it all started to go down hill. We were given our menus and a few minutes to choose. When the waitress came to take our order, the meals we had chosen on the VERY limited menu weren't available. She could have told us this when giving us the menus. We eventually went for the Pici to start and the Tagliata di Manzo for main. I've had Pici plenty of times before and knew exactly what to expect. Unfortunately they were below par. I wouldn't say they were bad but definitely not up there with the best. A bit on the tasteless side. When our mains came the first thing to note was the presentation. Basically, some meat with chips/potatoes on the side. A bit pubby really. We tried to tuck into our juicy steak but found that even our sharp knives couldn't cut through this piece of rubber. It was absolutely dreadful. I could have picked up a better piece of meat in a cheap supermarket. When the waitress came to clear our table, I told her that the meat wasn't nice at all and we got a nervous laugh from the young girl. Hmmmm....not what I expected. 5 minutes late the manageress came over and very defensively asked what the problem with our meal was. I told her it was inedible and she walked off without saying a word. She then came back and without any apology told us she would take some money off the bill. I wasn't really bothered about money off. I wanted her to say that she was really sorry and she would make sure it wouldn't happen again for either myself or other guests and ensure it doesn't!

So my overall impression on the restaurant at Locanda dell'Amorosa is one of true disappointment. I really wanted it to be one of the best restaurants we had ever been to and for it to live up to it's reputation and beauty. The staff try really hard but it's a bit superficial. As soon as there is an issue they really haven't got a clue how to deal with it. It really is a shame. I won't be back in a hurry.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorenzo M
Reviewed 10 December 2013

From the moment we walked in until the moment we left, our stay was perfect! Erica helped us arrange a visit to a nearby winery--Poggia Antico--fabulous! She and her colleagues also offered excellent advice on traveling to nearby hill towns, and the best routes to take, as well as the best restaurants and sights to visit.
Dining was great! We arranged to have a "tasting dinner" of the chef's personal recipes, along with wine pairings--one of the best meals I've ever had.
Even though there were few visitors while we were there, our breakfasts were completely wonderful--no skimping at all.
Our room was wonderful--great views, perfectly clean.
Service, beautiful setting, wonderful food and wine---this place has it all! I wish I could give it 6 stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crosscreek7
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This place is so amazing. Our room was spectacular and the views are breathtaking! Everything you need is right here. The people who work here are extremely helpful and friendly. We were greeted by Jay and he helped us get settled and told us about the place. Stefan's booked us an amazing tour at a winery and even let us use his personal GPS because the one the car rental place gave us was broken. The rooms are old world charm. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Our son stayed with us for two of the four nights. They set up a bed in the living room for the two...