Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews fjord view room two nights nice view nice room hellesylt
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed in room 1016 ( for a superior view of the GeirangerFjord I recommend upgrading to a panoramic view suite). I love this hotel. Despite all the complaints from visitors, we enjoyed our stay and view. Please keep in mind that this is not a 5star hotel, even if the price is a little higher than most 3 star hotels, this is a seasonal hotel so you’re paying for the million dollar unique view. Enjoy your stay!

1  Thank TravelCat15
Reviewed 31 August 2019

A nice hotel in a great location overlooking the Fjord. It is a very short walk to the shops and Fjord. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, but the hotel is a bit dated. Breakfast is good with plenty of options and the Buffett dinner is great. It is in a quiet location for a good nights sleep.

Reviewed 28 August 2019

The beauty of Geiranger is unreal. You can have a great view of the fjord from the hotel although many tourists went to use the toilet in the hotel. All things can be forgiven because the scenery is so overwhelming. You can have a waterfall walk from the hotel. You can also join the guided kayaking close by.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2019

Stayed here one night in August. I was probably the only guest who wasn't a tourist as I was on a business trip and traveled further north the morning after my arrival.

Check-in was easy and effortless, car parking is free and the room was actually a little bit bigger than I anticipated.

The hotel was crowded with tourists from all over the world (you name it; Americans, Asians, all kind of Europeans), but they all seemed friendly (as most people are actually).

On the positive note: the room has wooden flooring which I always prefer, WiFi worked perfect, it was clean and the bed was really good. And the staff both in the reception and in the buffet restaurant was friendly.

I try to avoid buffets but since I arrived quite late I went for it this time. Nothing to say about it really, well; cod and salmon which is so dry that it is barely eatable isn't something you serve to a western Norwegian, like me, it was despicable.

There was some decent meat and other stuff though.

Breakfast was ok.

Based on the price I paid, including breakfast (apprx.100EURO in total) I think it was worth its value especially since this was in the main tourist season, and Geiranger is main cruise port and a place where many of the coaches/buses with international tourist stops by.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view, I didn't get one though
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2019

The hotel is located on the banks of the fjord offering great views (from selected rooms only - remember to ask!). The hotel has seen better days and shows some signs of wear and tear but large and clean rooms and comfy beds make up for it. Varied buffet breakfast with local food.
There is not much to see in Geiranger so make sure to see the waterfall (up the hill and then... well... you will hear it ;)

Room tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a view!