“Nothing short of Beautiful”
Review of Masala House

Masala House
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Alvor
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Description: Masala House is an authentic Indian Cuisine. With street parking.
Description: Masala House is an authentic Indian Cuisine. With street parking.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Being a keen Indian foodie, type of person. When i saw the sign for this restaurant i immediately refered to my trip advisor app, only to find that i have been coming to Alvor for 10 years and i have never been, as i am sure you can see the reviews are in the majority positive. As this one will be too.

We (myself, brother-in-law and father-in-law) ate here on a weekend evening when there were plenty of guests. That being said the service was great. Attentive but not too pushy, to the point and advisory but not abrupt.

Now to the food. Its brilliant. I am not sure why the popadoms come in half’s, or what the brown sauce was on the pickle tray but all in all the food was immense. You can choose the spicy-ness of your curry if you like the taste of a hot one but not the temperature.

The beverages are cold, the food is great. This being our first visit, we will be back. Not to quote Arnold Swartzenneger. I have attached pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hi. It may sound like a cliche ; a brut eating curry in Portugal but I live in rural France where Indian restaurants are few and far between. The food here is excellent and definitely one of the best Indian restaurants I have ever eaten in. I can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice restaurant, food was very tasty and service was brilliant! Would definitely recommend to tourists!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a family group of 8 adults this was the only restaurant that we consistently returned to the food and service was wonderful the best chicken Korma I have ever tasted and the peshwari naan was gorgeous, lovely hot plates you have a choice of having your meal with mild,medium or hot spices so something to suit everyone’s taste buds. We can’t wait to go back next year! Big thank you to Denish and Priti not sure about spelling! One of our party was called Dennis so we remembered the name.
Highly recommended a visit to Masala House 10 out of 10

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The free poppadoms were the lightest I have ever tasted. Both service and food very good would certainly visit on my return to Alvor in the future.