“So glad i came.”

Big Reds Steakhouse
Ranked #41 of 157 Restaurants in Alvor
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Its the first time weve ever gone abroad for New year as a family and i'm so glad we did.
We have been to Big Reds before on past visits to the area and visited it again. The staff were very friendly and remembered us and were as efficient as ever. The New years evening was a brilliant event with a great mix of person all having a fun time. The meals were faultless and given the quantity of people it was a great performance by the Kitchen. As ever Big Red himself was friendly and courteous to the visitors and we had a thoroughly good night. We shall return.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went to Big Reds for the first time on our New Years Eve Party.

I would like to thank the whole team for a fantastic evening.
Considering the amount of people all waiting to be served at the same time the meals were served quickly & efficiciently.

All the courses were tasty, hot and cooked to perfection.

My steak was cooked as I asked and very succulent.

I couldnt fault it.

Definately a Restaurant that deserves a return visit.

Thank you.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

in November here its hard to find a good restaurant still open as its out of season..walked in at 10pm late really and was welcomed and fed..lovely scallops and a fillet steak main..good to see the service was excellent and the restaurant was clean and warm..cant fault it

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We visited almost a month ago and my 15 year old daughter has just said I wish we were back in alvor at big reds having steak.. Lovely food, had mixture of steaks and ribs and no complaints, all delicious, had a couple of deserts between 6 and they were great, only complaint was cocktails not particularly nice, but would def go back..

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Went to Big Reds on our second to last night of a week in Vitors Plaza. Throughout the week we had been talking about going, but were worried it wouldn't live up to our memories of the restaurant as it was in the past, on the little roundabout.

The place was almost empty when we got there at 6:30, but it is out of season now. Shown to our table by a friendly waiter and given time to choose from a multiple language menu.

One of our party had a steak, well done, which was a good size, perfectly cooked and had a good portion of chips. All the rest bar me had the medium ribs in homey sauce. This arrived as a 30cm/12inch rack, smothered in a thick sweet sauce. The meat falling off the bone.

I had the monster, which was an 18
Inch rack with a 9 inch rack tucked under it. Hot and spicy sauce, which was more sweet chilli than firehouse, but lovely. The chips that come with it are hand cut and gloriously decadent, and the coleslaw is creamy and delicious.

I was tempted by the "challenge meal" which was 3kg of ribs in under an hour, with chips and coleslaw. If you completed it, you get a 20€ voucher for next time and a t-shirt, but to be honest, after the monster which I guess is about 1.5kg, I have my doubts I could finish.

In summary, it's every bit as good as the old place. In peak season I understand it could be packed and service slip a bit, but my experience was 10/10 in every respect.

1  Thank Trader97