“Value & Quality”

Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very nice friendly place. Steak on the stone perfect. Highly recommended. Grest value. No need to pre book. Excellant value.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Four of us had steak on a stone.

The steak (filet) was excellent. It came with chips and salad or veg if you asked. But that was it, the main event.

Service was OK, quite detached.

On the table were rissoles, olives, carrots etc.. All of which we were charged for and did not ask for along with the bread.

So nothing wrong but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Started with clams and followed by Steak on the Stone which was stunning. The customer service was great and very enjoyable night.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We ate as a family of 5 who have all been here before, consequently when we arrived in Alvor it was first on my list.

I was originally recommended to go here by a friend who has lived in Alvor all his life, it's usually a good sign when you see locals in the restaurant as well as tourists. I loved the cod fish cakes that come as a cover along with olives, bread and sardine pate.

Most of us had the steaks cooked on the stone but I went for the Espedata which is essentially a skewer like a kebab compromising of either chicken, pork, beef, they even do one made with monkfish. It also has onions, tomato and chourico. Remember this is Portugal so it's chourico not chorizo.

The Espetada arrives on it's own hook and it is hung next to your plate above a flame, it really creates quite a scene and looks as good as it tastes. Don't go to Alvor without coming here for a meal, I've eaten all over Portugal and this is as authentic as it gets

2  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a restaurant I have been going to for nearly 15 years everytime I go back to Alvor I dine there it is beautiful

2  Thank Lisa S