“Gem of a restaurant!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cork Ireland
“Gem of a restaurant!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had read the reviews of this restaurant before going to Alvor & boy did it live up to our expectations! The restaurant itself is homely and not as flashy as some of the restaurants in Alvor but the food definately makes up for this. It was divine good home cooked Portuguese cooking and excellent value for money. I had the fish soup to start which I had most nights when eating out but it was by far the best at Tasca Morais and the sea bass was second to none. My husband had the squid and thought it was mouthwatering !We liked it so much there we booked it again for our final night in Alvor. The main waiter was so nice very friendly and so helpful. Unfortunately we didn't ask him his name. Tasca Morais is a truly authentic Portuguese restaurant and we simply loved it!!! Well worth a visit.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Mostly good”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I ate here one evening. Service was polite and efficient. We both ordered the steak Portuguese style and whilst my husbands was spot on, the chef must've been a bit enthusiastic when seasoning mine as it was salty as anything (and I like salt on my food!). Would we go back? Probably but we wouldn't rush.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank SwanseaFishergirl
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“excellent food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

we visited this restaurant twice during our stay and the service and quality of food was excellent. It is a small restaurant and you may need to book on certain nights. It was very reasonably priced and the staff were very polite and friendly

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sharon R
london
“Great Place”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Doesn't look much from the outside and only a small amount of tables but inside you get the feeling of a traditional portuguese restaurant . Lots of locals eating there on our visit . The best Portuguese steak i had in Alvor and my wife had a lovely fish kebab . My son also says they have the best burgers! We have visited many times over the years and never been disappointed . Gil is a gentleman especially when he gives us some port at the end !

1 Thank fawlboy
Cala Vinyes
“My Favourite Restaurant in Alvor”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a tiny restaurant and there is no outdoor seating, which out me off for a while. However since our first meal there we can't keep away.

We love the cataplana with clams, and the chicken piri piri is the best I ever had. The service is good and the staff friendly.

If you want to guarantee a table its best to book, as there is only seating for about 30 people it soons gets full.

Definately my favourite for an evening meal.

2 Thank Elaine K