“Great holiday”

Alvor Baia Resort Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Alvor
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed for 8 nights from 13th - 21st June, 2 adults and 2 children aged 5 and 3 on the bed and breakfast basis.

Room was lovely and spacious. Shower fantastic. Air conditioning worked a treat and was quiet. Room was cleaned everyday we was there. Great having the fridge. English speaking channels on TV.

The breakfast was good, cereals, fruit, yogurts, meats and cheeses, bread, buns, croissants, English breakfast and more. We enjoyed the breakfast.

The pool was great, its not heated so was a little nippy when you first get in, but it was not freezing. We had no problem getting sun loungers at about 10am but could see at about 11am there didnt seem to be any left. The kids loved the pool and they did the park as well.

We walked into Alvor every lunch and evening and to get to the main street walking with children took us about 25 minutes each way. When we first got there it was 37c and walking back in the heat up the incline was hard work with the kids but was a nice walk on the evening.

We had a fantastic time in Alvor, the restaurants were amazing. The beach is stunning and the kids loved the caves and coves and searching for crabs. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the beach. It was our first time in Portugal and wont be our last :)

7  Thank lyndsaya1978
There are newer reviews for Alvor Baia Resort Hotel

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Nice clean hotel,however some bad points.Could not get a sun bed all week,the pool is the coldest I have ever used.The food started off ok but by the third day I had to eat out due to the fact there was no variety.the allinclusive stops at 11pm and at one bar you have to pay for drinks.

3  Thank WalesAndrewwales
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is brilliant. It is very clean, great pool, lovely restaurants and really nice fresh food and the alcohol is good. Not watered down like some all inclusive.. I thought my little boy and myself would struggle with the food as we are fussy eaters at the best of times but everything was so nice and it was fab to see my little boy tucking in and eating better than at home. We also had our 5 month old with us and the facilities in the room made it all very easy. The only 2 things I would complain about was when it was hot we struggled a couple of times to get a parasol which we desperately needed for the baby and lack of sunbeds. Sometimes it took nearly 2 hours!!!! And the other thing is there isnt an iron in the room and they won't loan/hire you one as there is a laudrette and they want you to pay to have them done there which I think is really bad. My husbsnd had to go out and buy an iron as he hadn't ironed them before we went so the travel iron wasnt any good. But other than these 2 things I would highly recommend this hotel

3  Thank Carrie R
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here as a family of 4 at the beginning of June for 11 nights and we wish we were still here.

As most people probably are due to all the negativity, we were worried but as others have said in there reviews some people simply must expect the red carpet treatment when they go away

Rooms: Absolutely spotless

I read one review that the rooms are not cleaned properly i was there 3 times due to a sick child when the maid cleaned are room, she hoovered brushed mopped etc under the beds wiped down sides cleaned dishes etc she even apologised when i asked her to leave the dishes so she didnt wake my child.

i read that bedding is not changed even when requested due to sickness, again due to my child being sick whilst i was away i had the cot bedding and my bedding changed daily for 3 days with no problems what so ever.

Cutlery : You can obtain cutlery, plates etc from the dining area for your room JUST ASK !!!!!

Food : As others have said so much choice you are spoilt for choice, i really would like to see what these people in other reviews eat at home if they could not find anything they liked

Pool; Of course its cold on holiday you do not want to jump into a boiling pool do you !!! At first its cold like ANY pool move about and you warm up there was people including us in it everyday we were there.

Entertainment ; i have to agree is rubbish we spent most nights in the apartment but this was also due to having a toddler who was asleep.

The entertainment staff really could do more to interact with the children and the disco should start say 6.30-7.30 with all the party songs kids love so that the younger kids can join in before they go to sleep.

The entertainment in my opinion is the only thing that i can honestly moan about everything else is fantastic the place the staff the food.

There is a shop on site that you can get fags,sweets, crisps, biscuits, fridge magnets, lighters, lilos, bucket and spades, papers, magazines etc it was great.

Plastic glasses ; Again i do not understand what the problem is the hotel is full of KIDS !!!!! If one smashed a glass and cut themselves or even an adult it would not be pleasant.
Some of the plastic glasses were the hard plastic so looked like a glass anyway. Again in my opinion moaning about nothing just to moan

Dining Area ; Is noisy but not like people are making out. We heard each other every night no problem and are plates were cleared yes as soon as we finished but i personally do not like looking at left over food on plates i would rather they be taken away.

Ignore the bad reviews i for one would love to see how these people live in the real world who are so negative.

I do not think you will be disappointed in this hotel we would of course return to this hotel without a problem it was lovely.just we would bring our own entertainment lol.

4  Thank MrsT200816
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returned from the Alvor Baia hotel,as an all inclusive guest,best all inclusive I"ve stayed in,in Portugal...Clean and tidy,food and drink excellent,swimming pool enormous.....staff and reception very friendly.....Would definitely return...First class.!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank igglepigglemartin
JorgePalma, Gerente geral at Alvor Baia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,
It is with deepest honor that we read your comments. Thank you so much for having spent your time in writing it.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just returned from an 11 night stay at the Alvor Baia as an all inclusive guest and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

The hotel is very modern and clean, with all staff ensuring that it is kept clean. The rooms are a generous size for a hotel room with a decent size balcony. We paid for a pool view room which I'm pleased we did. I spent numerous early evenings sat on the balcony in the sunshine.

Brilliant that the room card is used as your all inclusive rather than a horrid plastic wristband.

The food is good, I had read lots of reviews complaining about the food prior to going. Yes the food may become repetitive but every day a fresh meat and a fresh fish are grilled while you wait. There is spaghetti for every lunch and dinner meal but this. Just comforted me that I new there would be something I liked. Good variety of meat, fish, carbs, salad and vegetables available. There is plenty to make a meal from. The chocolate cake is amazing!!

The hotel could probably look at investing in a few more sun loungers however we never had an issue with getting a sun lounger or parasol. There is music played around the pool by the animation team and it has a good variety. The team running daily activities which people got involved in but I didn't due to being a sun worshipper.

My next few comments are more for general awareness prior to your visit:
Pool towels are available for a 20€ deposit
The safe in the room is optional but is a cost of 1.50€ per day
Not all the bars are all inclusive.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to family and friends, although I don't know if I would choose to go again. Only as I like to go to new places and hotels each holiday.

Room Tip: A pool view room is a good choice as the other view is a hospital and wasteland.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Chloe G
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We have just got home after 2 weeks all inclusive at alvor baia. My first impression of the hotel was not good. I can't explain why but I thought, why didn't I book the same place as last year. I have to say, the hotel grew in me and I will summarise as follows:
Rooms - we had room 381 on the end of the third floor. Best room I have ever had in a holiday hotel with double balcony. Also very clean and the lady cleaner was great

Reps- we did not use the services of the reps but they were ever present and seemed to be working very hard

Food - best hotel food I have had in an all inclusive resort. In two weeks didn't have same lunch or main meal twice which is to the credit of the cooks and head chef

Cleanliness - cleaners were always busy and hotel very clean. Just one point the staff could perhaps pressure wash the sun loungers

Staff - always polite and helpful even when working very long hours. Not overbearing like in turkey! Even the manager was ever present which is to his credit. I thanked him for a good holiday on our last night

Entertainment - great. Carlos the singer was very good and the hotel made a real effort to entertain all

Pool - I have read the previous review comments about the pool staff removing towels from loungers and I believe that this is the right thing to do. There is nothing more frustrating than sun loungers being reserved at 8 am not to be used til after lunch

Summary - we loved our holiday. Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank eye j

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your great review.
It is with delight that we read your kind words since our major aim is to offer guests a fantastic time.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvor
Pestana Alvor Praia
Yellow Alvor Garden
#15 of 24 in Alvor
Pestana Dom Joao II
Salgados Palm Village Apartments & Suites

Been to Alvor Baia Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!