“40th birthday”
Review of Crows Nest

Crows Nest
Ranked #111 of 158 Restaurants in Alvor
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gordon and Lisa offer a real local pub atmosphere with pub food to match.Small and friendly with many regular customers. Quality home cooked food and great drinks and atmosphere.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic place with a warm welcome! The lovely Lisa and Gordon Jackson even threw me a fabulous party for my 40th birthday and a fantastic time was had by all especially the great buffet catered by Lisa. Thanks again guys

5  Thank Cate O

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A great pub with a fantastic atmosphere , Gordon and Lisa are great hosts , the best (Pub ) in Alvor ,it does also do food ,but as we haven't eaten here cannot comment , but had a great time here , also they have a great quize night with the very very Amazing dirty Dirk Brilliant ,cannot. Wait until next year , . Also a very lovely daughter Shannah ,

5  Thank misscardiff169
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived early but all tables reserved for a group arriving at 2 pm
Got last table and ordered lunch
Friendly owner well I think he owns the place
Had the beef and pork
Well they were not ROASTS
No crackling on the pork
And my beef was like re heated roast from the day before
My roast potatoes were burned black on the bottom
I carefully cut it off and left so Owner could see when clearing my plate
The Yorkshire pudding was also burnt and I left it on the side as well
But they choose not to mention it
Yes I'm the customer who never complained and I'm also the one who won't be back

2  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visited the Crows Nest early for Sunday lunch but it was so busy we could not get a table. We booked and returned later that evening and it seemed we were compensated for not being able to eat earlier by the amount of food served up on our plate. Absolutely fantastic meal and we returned later in the week for an equally superb meal. Small pub so book early but would highly recommend.
Very friendly English hosts.

3  Thank MS1884
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Yet again had a fantastic pork roast - must try something else sometime! Don't know how I managed to finish it all - glad I had booked as otherwise I would have been disappointed (and missed out on the pork crackling!)

4  Thank dead-wood-43