“Great imaginative tapas and yum cocktails!”
Review of Pragas - Wine Bar & Tapas - CLOSED

Pragas - Wine Bar & Tapas
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Upbeat yet relaxing atmosphere, perfect to enjoy a respectable wine list(all available by the glass), a nice cold beer, one of our fantastic cocktails or one of our 40 Premium Gins. Creative and tasty Tapas based on simple and traditional Portuguese food. Ideal to spend an evening with your partner or a group of friends.
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Had tapas and drinks here early ind evening. Food was really really good and slightly different to the usual fare.the chef here knows what they are doing! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Enjoyed a late night dinner with cappachio and white sangria ... very good food and nice atmosphere , can highly recommend.

1  Thank taengmo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend at here in June. For some reason we had never visited this restaurant, which I feel a bit stupid for now!

The service was very good, all waiters were attentive without being too overbearing. We sat just inside the doors, and on this particular night it was a bit windy; the waiter gave my girlfriend a nice blanket to put over her legs, although she wasn't cold she thought it was a nice gesture, accepted and got comfy.

When we were ordering, the waiter recommended his favourite dishes, which we ordered. We ate about 4 starter sized dishes and had two main dishes, which was a bit too much for us to handle in the end! We took home our sardine bruschetta in a wrapped box the waiter gave us. We enjoyed all the dishes, the veal in garlic, oil and onion was the best though. I will be returning solely to have this dish alone. All food was brought out in manageable stages, not all at once. It was all hot and freshly prepared. The only dish I didn't go much on was the ham salad; it was a lovely salad but was underneath a very sticky balsamic type caramel which had hardened on top of everything, a normal balsamic vinegar would be more than adequate as a substitute.

I have a small gripe about the wine menu. I would say I am fairly educated on food and wine, but picking from a wine list that only includes the names of the wine with no description of it was a bit pretentious in my opinion. I don't feel this is necessary, and would like to see the inclusion of a description to aid in picking. I guess the waiters must get asked for recommendations, so maybe this is what they prefer.

Ordering around 6 dishes, a few small beers, cocktail and water, our bill came to a reasonable 55EUR. Obviously this included no wine, so maybe add a little more to price dependant on your wine choice. I feel it's a good price for the quality of food and service.

Overall, we had a nice meal in a well decorated and atmospheric restaurant. We will be attending here again, maybe ordering a little less this time - eyes too big for our bellies!

3  Thank lloydemery
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We visited on our second night it was windy outside and starting to get chilly
There was only one other table busy with a few locals
We did enjoy the food and the wine but it lacked any atmosphere
Perhaps they should close the front doors and let people see a nice warm restaurant
It always amazes me to see tourists walking around in tee shirts and shorts at night time when it's bloody freezing

Anyway staff very friendly we will try again but come on guys look around everywhere else is busy and so should you

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We visited Pragas several times during our stay in Alvor and loved it. We were made to feel extremely welcome each time and the gin in particular was amazing. We would definitely return to Pragas and would recommend that anyone holidaying in Alvor visits this bar.