I can only echo all the previous reviews that these are great, budget apartments in a fantastic location. Just a few minutes from the centre of Alvor and a 5-10 minute walk to the vast, sandy beach.
Our one bedroom apartment was clean and tidy (although the bathroom was little dated) and well equipped with everything you'd need for a self catering break. Although we only catered for breakfasts and lunches, you could cook proper meals, if you wanted to as they have an oven, microwave and ceramic hob (plus kettle and toaster).
The living area was big enough for 2 kids to sleep on a sofa bed and pull out bed, but, having 2 teenagers, I think we would upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment if we were staying longer than a week.
Wi-fi, air con and a room safe were free while we were there (not sure if they are in high season). Unfortunately, the pool was NOT heated (their website says it is), so was too cold to swim in properly at Easter, although we did brave a quick dip! There is a leisure centre with a large indoor swimming pool right next to the beach though (which we didn't use, but looked nice).
Alvor itself is a lovely laid-back resort with a good range of bars and restaurants -all very family-friendly and welcoming - we spent an average of E50 on a meal for 4 with drinks, which I thought was very reasonable.
If you want to self-cater, I would recommend the large Pingo Doce supermarket (near the campsite), as it was cheaper than the smaller shops and had a much wider range of food and drink.
The board-walk across the dunes is a nice place to take a stroll, with several different marked trails taking you right down to the harbour end of the beach.
We don't usually go back to the same resort, but I can see why there are so many return visitors. If we do return, chances are that we'd stay at the Alvormar again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the village of Alvor, just 750 meters from one of the Algarve´s most beautiful beaches, and 6kms from Portimão.All 50 apartments (T0, T1 and T2) have a fully equipped kitchen, balcony and most of them have seaview. Internal Facilities: - 24 hours reception- Heated swimmingpool with salt water (no chemicals) - Infant’s pool- Snack-bar near the pool - Lounge / TV Room- Cleaning 6 days a week (except on Sunday)- Internet - Free Wi-Fi (Wirless Internet)- Children's play-ground - Snooker and games room - Mini-Golf- Library - Guest Laundry- Sun terraces- GardensServices available at the reception- Airport transfers- Car rental- Excursions- Golf reservations- Other reservations ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your AlvorMar - Apartamentos Turisticos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alvormar - Apartamentos Turisticos Hotel Alvor
- Alvormar Apartamentos Turisticos Alvor