“Location Location Location"”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Location Location Location"”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from Alvor, discovered this new addition to Rua Frederico Mendes on a stroll up from the Riverside! Nice location and small but cosy space nicely furnished and big improvement on previous resident!
Excellent service from knowledgable staff who provided blanket for my other half as a tad windy(nice touch). V nice selection of indigenous Vinho from which we choose 2 from the Altenjao.
Markets itself as a Tapas type place although menu not really along those lines and a little limited( not necessarily a bad thing). Started with selection of cheese and bread. Had Bacalhau á Bràs (evidently Ronaldo's comfort food) which was tasty and and my other half had Spaghetti with chicken and mushrooms!
I really like this place and feel that if they fine tuned things with regard to food ie more authentic Petiscos to accompany the great wine and the location they could be v successful!

2 Thank JoeyMumbles

• Polish first
Maldon, United Kingdom
“Friendly service, lovely quality food & wine”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We ate here 14/06/14 and we were very impressed with the service and quality of the food and wine. The staff were very friendly and accomodating - nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel very welcome. The premises are clean and well organised with shelves stocked with quality local wines. We chose the angus steak and pork dishes and both were delicious - the staff happily substituted my chips for boiled potatoes as a special request. This is the best restaurant we have visited in Alvor and we will go there again no hesitation. Thanks to the lovely staff x

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank TreenaDoris D
“Top Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Nice restaurant to take a dinner with a friends or family!

Excellent wine and steak :)

Top environment to eat in Alvor!

Enjoy it!

2 Thank Samuel T
kildare
“Poor service and food but good wine”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here with my husband and two children. Service was extremely slow and the food was unappetizing. We got a complimentary glass of wine when we arrived and ordered a bottle of it to accompany the meal. The wine was the best part of the experience. Would not return.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Worst food in alvor”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Ordered piri piri chicken from what looked like a lovely place to eat. What a disappointment. The chips (oven) were cooked within an inch if their lives and the chicken wasn't really cooked at all.
Complained to the waitress, who got another two people to inspect my food at the table before the chicken was taken back to be reheated, then returned to me Everything else was just left on my plate.
I told them I was unable to eat as I had had raw chicken on my plate, to which they took everything then brought me the bill.
Bad situation made worse by a bad service. Can honestly say in all my years visiting Alvor thus is the worst meal I have ever had.

• Visited June 2014