“Extremely Tasty”

Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Extremely Tasty”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a fantastic lunch here and will be going back on our next visit! This place is in a great location with a nice view out over the harbour... We shared the delicious prawns clams and monk fish with rice, a bottle of house white and it was one of the best meals we had all holiday! I thought it was reasonable priced and the staff are really nice.

• Visited June 2014

Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Superb meal”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were tempted to try' A Babuga' by the smell of the charcoal grill, the friendly waiting staff and the view of the Harbour.

We arrived at about 8.30pm and the place looked very busy, We we were asked if we booked we felt we were about to be disappointed as I could only see one table free.

We were lead to the table and the reserved sign was removed, the table was right by the glass wall looking out onto the harbour and old fish market in Alvor, with the sun just setting, there could be no better backdrop.

Our waiting staff were friendly, helpful and full of recommendations and advice.
In the end we decided to share the Prawn and Clam Spaghetti. What a choice!

Before our main course, we had traditional breads, olives, and marinated vegetables, during which at least three attentive members of staff checked that we were happy and had everything we wanted.

When our main course arrived, the clams and prawns were so fresh and full of flavour, the delicate sauce through the dish was a joy to the senses. We took the waiters advice on a good bottle of Vinho Verde (Green wine) which is made from the very young grapes and has a slight fizz to it, you have to try vinho verde, trust me.

There was a very large dish of the spaghetti for the two of us, stuffed full of prawns and clams, we struggled to finish it but there was no way we were going to leave any.

The Spaghetti, couvers and wine came to 42 Euro which we felt was more than reasonable. We will definitely visit A Babuja on our next trip to Alvor.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Excellent lobster meal”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

During a recent stay near Alvor, my stepson had his 16th birthday meal in this restaurant. He wanted lobster and the restaurant sourced this for us, although it isn't normally on the restuarant menu. All other starters - oysters, large prawns, cheese boards, bread - were delicious and the inclusion of a fruit salad with the lobster was unexpected but really nice as well.

All topped off with an excellent bottle of Portuguese red wine, recommended by the restaurant. Staff was informed and attentive throughout, especially to the birthday boy.

If you like your fish food and are visiting Alvor, this is well recommended.

manchester
“Be warned!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had the misfortune of eating here this week. I struggle to find anything positive to say after spending €70+ for two adults and a small child.

After waiting for 30 mins for someone to even take a drinks order, we were served what can only be described as pretty poor quality food.

Service was really poor and inattentive. .

Appetiser of portuguese sausage was microwaved and hadn't been near a grill. Mussels priced at €13.50 were just about average but incredibly small portion

Main course of grilled squid was overcooked. Staff uninterested in any sort of customer feedback. I really couldn't wait to get out of the place

I'm genuinely annoyed at myself for entering a restaurant which is clearly an overpriced tourist trap with very little idea of how to run a restaurant and zero quality control. Unsurprisingly I didn't feel the need to leave a tip

Good luck to those that enjoy it here - I'd rather give my money to the homeless and go hungry than return

Ps even the draft beer felt watered down. can of 7up for the kid was ok though

2 Thank bookertmgs1
Glasgow
“Tasty Treat”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

On a friends recommendation ,we went to A Babuja and we were not disappointed ,both my wife and I enjoyed sharing our meals which our Waiter set out for us, giving us the chance to enjoy both our selections. A Restaurant I will go back to when back in Alvor.

• Visited June 2014