“Great rooms”

Aguas de Ibiza
London, United Kingdom
“Great rooms”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, but entirely what you would expect from a 5* hotel. The rooms are comfy, large with trendy decor and fancy tech (which didn't always work). Breakfast was good. Bad points were few but frustrating because it's a 5* hotel -cocktails very good but had to wait ages for them & they ran out of some key ingredients. There aren't enough sun loungers around the pool for the number of rooms and the hotel next door plays the most terrible music & wailing cabaret acts that go on until very late at night. I don't know if there is a 'better' side of the hotel to stay in - there's not much of a view from most of the rooms unless you're up high.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from short stay in Aguas de Ibitza. Very nice hotel with big spacious rooms really nice decorated and really big and beautiful bathroom. The view over the marina is impressive.
Pool on the roof is amazing and also is a nice area to relax and have a cocktail.
Breakfast was really nice with loads of options and fresh fruits.
Very friendly staff with first class service.
Wi-Fi very slow and unreliable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank EmmaMB
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

You will not be disappointed. We have just spent 7 nights at the hotel, and it was worth every penny. All staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was modern, clean, tranquil and had a fantastic views ( corner suite 130). We travelled with our two young girls (7 & 9) and they loved the pool and the freedom to walk around in a child friendly environment. if you like your breakfast to be the most important meal of the day then you will not be disappointed. The location is perfect...right on top of the marina and beach. A true 5* hotel rating and one we shall return to.....I highly recommend you try the experience.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and have great views (130)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Shellbell2014
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Yes it can be expensive, but it is totally worth it. The staff are very helpful and the service is first class. Very nice spa and the breakfast has a lot to choose from. We stayed there as we were getting married and wanted to go 5*, it made our wedding so special.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ross K
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just spent 5 nights in this hotel with my husband. It was such an enjoyable stay. It was so relaxing and had a great feeling of calm around the place even though it was relatively busy. The staff on reception were probably the friendliest Ive ever dealt with. The deluxe bedroom was beautiful. Distant sea views from the balcony not great but the size and quality of the room made up for it. The furnishings throughout the hotel were beautiful and both pools especially the roof top pool were very well laid out with plenty of sunbeds and great service. We just ate once in the main restaurant which was beautifully designed and were very happy with the food and service. The breakfast was very good with a great choice of foods. Location ideal close enough to all the restaurants and town but still in a quiet area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 27ArA
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just stayed at this hotel for four nights and wow it was amazing.....my hubby and I have been lucky enough to stay in five star properties all over the world and this is definitely up there.....yes, a few nit picky people could say the rooms could do with a lick of paint etc but generally, it was faultless.....the rooms were immaculate and the views beautiful. The service was literally impeccable. The reception staff were delightful and gave us a glass of Cava on arrival whilst talking us through the hotel and giving us a guidebook to Ibiza......the pool and bar staff are completely at your disposal, one particularly lovely barman called Miguel even sat down to give us the names of the best beaches and bars on ibiza, with a map.......the food was amazing and the cocktails, wow....the Strawberry Mojito is to die for, literally. If you get a chance, go up to the roof terrace for sunset......the pool area has chill out music playing the whole time, there are always plenty of sunbeds and daybeds and the walk into pretty Santa Eulalia is literally 5 minutes round the promenade. The fish restaurants are some of the best ever and the beach restaurant 2 minutes from the hotel is SO romantic and my hubby reckons it was the best lobster he has ever had......all in all, wonderful.....we will be back ASAP!!!!

Room Tip: If you can afford to splash out, go for a corner room, the views are to die for!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AonBP
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. This hotel is definitely not a 5-star hotel, I believe it to be 4-star at best, although the service I received from the front desk was certainly 3-star.

Most of my issues stem from the fact that when I checked in the receptionist gave me a different room to what I was allocated on their system. As a result, for my first 24 hours at the hotel, I had no wifi, no a/c, some of the lights didn't work (all on a fancy electronic system), nor did housekeeping clean my room. I also missed two very important phone calls because they were put through to the room they thought I was in.

During this time, I had no idea I was in the 'wrong' room - as a result, I had to get the technician in 3x to sort out the phones, the lights and the wifi. He claimed the wifi was not the hotel's problem, but the internet provider.

At no point, did reception figure out that something was wrong, it was only when I tried to charge a drink at the bar to my room did they finally figure it out. And instead of being apologetic about it, I actually found that reception reacted quite aggressive about this mistake, implying somehow that it was my fault for putting myself in the wrong room.

And it turns out, there was nothing wrong with my wifi, they just didn't have it set-up in my room. When I complained about how I was being treated, they said I should be so lucky to have been put in a Junior Suite by mistake, when actually I pointed out that was what I booked in the first place.

In addition, the Detox or "Retreat' menu, I went for the half-board option, was terrible. The 3 meals I had (I had to skip one as I couldn't face it again), were pathetic, under-cooked and cold. The restaurant was practically empty, so they really no excuse.

And the floors outside the glass panels in the lifts were dirty and dusty - a minor point, but in a so-called 5-star hotel, one would expect better.

My room was also not cleaned until 6pm on 2 days, even once the confusion of which room I was in was sorted out.

On the positive side, the room was lovely and large, had a great bathroom and view of the marina. It is located on the quieter end of town as well. And the breakfast was great.

However, overall I was so annoyed from my initial confrontation with reception that it did put a bit of a downer on the trip and the very small fruit plate that they offered as an apology really didn't do much to make things better. I definitely had expected more from this hotel, given the price I paid for this holiday and some of the other reviews I had read.

Room Tip: Ask for a east-facing room, which seem to get the most sunlight during the day
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank RetreatTraveller2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Eulalia del Rio
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#3 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#8 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,569 reviews
Hotel Es Vive
Hotel Es Vive
#1 of 50 in Ibiza Town

Been to Aguas de Ibiza? Share your experiences!