“still excellent on 7th visist”

Sol Beach House Ibiza
GreenLeadersBronze level
ek
“still excellent on 7th visist”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Stayed 18th - 25th may, 7th visit to this hotel since 2006 and still as good as the first. e mailed ahead as I took my aunt this time she is 85 and requested specific room numbers when we arrived at hotel rooms we requested were ready and waiting, the staff at this hotel are fabulous from reception to maids. Food is good but not as previous visits, maybe it was because it was the start of the season, rooms and all other areas are spotless, true the walls are thin but then you just have to have consideration for others, booked to go back in September. It was my birthday when we were there and management sent champagne to my room. Not far to the marina and town, plenty of restaurants and bars both in town and the marina. Loved it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

as always staff very helpful & friendly, hotel spotless, food excellent. rooms do need sound proofing as you can hear every little noise from nextdoor rooms! entertainment not so good but it didn't spoil our stay. one word of warning though & it hasn't anything to do with hotel after we arrived & got settled in my sister& iwent for a walk & stopped for a drink at the little beach bar which is situated to the left of the front of the hotel (can't remember its name) they had lovely comfy sofas outside for sitting on so we sat there bought two vodkas& lemon we were just finishing them when the rain came on so we ran inside & paid for them the bill for them was 21.50 euros!! for 2 vodkas!!! the reason for this we were told was because we sat in the comfy sofas!! so beware!! thank god the rain came on as we would probably have had more than two.

Room Tip: room with pool&sea veiw
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crooksie4
Selby
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Last August my husband and I were away in India for 4 weeks. My elderly father (90years old) and mother (85 years old) decided they did not want to stay at home and did not feel they could manage the journey again to India. I found the Sol Ibiza on line it looked as if it would fit the bill. I booked five weeks there for them. They were absolutely fabulous with my parents and I can not thank them enough for what they did for them. They loved the food, the room was great with a super view and all the staff gave so much care and attention to them. They made them feel very special and they came back looking 5 years younger. I was in touch regularly with one of the managers and nothing was too much for her. She printed out the boarding passes they needed for their return, ensured the resort hopper was there on time and regularly passed messages on to them from myself. Superb! Well done!
Guess what? they are going back again for 23 days this July Aged 91 and 86. I trust they will have a great time again. Thanks Sol Ibiza.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travellingfoodie25
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Stopped in May for two weeks. Been coming to this hotel for five years.Friendly staff from reception to house keepers and kitchen staff to Chefs and waiters.The staff just want to make your stay enjoyable and they do this with everything they do. Booked with First Choice and can confirm no local rep whatsoever during our two week stay.No welcome pack. Thomas Cook rep was there everyday and he was a very friendly guy. First Choice guests were booking excusrions with him.
Going back in October for three weeks.

Room Tip: E-mail the hotel if you have special requests and.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sussexray
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My partner and I have just come back from a two week stay at the Sol Ibiza after booking a package deal with First Choice.

On what we paid for a two week half board stay it was great value for money. Breakfast and dinner you had a wide range of choice of food and a large area to sit. Staff on both breakfast and dinner were very friendly and cleared our plates and provide us with a drink very quickly. All staff within the hotel we couldnt faught,however if you want a quiet holiday this is the place to go we did feel the youngest ones their!

I agree with another comment a fellow holiday maker who stayed at the hotel the same time as me on the "Towel Situation". I too found myself getting up early to put a towel down before all the sunbeds went. I was like a sheep that just followed the heard for two weeks.

The hotel I felt was situatued in a great spot and it only took us 10 minutes to walk into the town and 30 minutes on a bus to Ibiza Town.

I would also recommend taking some ear plugs, the walls are very thin in the hotel room and we had two people next to us with a smokers cough!

Apart from the bad weather at the start we had a great first holiday together and have taken some very happy memories of such a lovely island.

3 Thank holidaygoer47
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We are a couple, just over 50 years old, giving our honest opinion. The hotel reception and staff were always very helpful,English spoken by most of the staff. The Bar area was very clean and comfortable, but if you want to take a drink to your room, then make sure you have stocked up with some ice, The bar staff certainly dont encourage giving out free ice! Drinks were expensive, 11 Euro for a beer, and a gin and tonic. The local supermarket sold wine and beers, which we enjoyed on the balcony.
Breakfast - The bacon was inedible, eggs were always cold, but the sausages were 10/10!
Evening Meal - Lots of choice, perhaps too much meaning we always filled our plates with amazing new varieties, and generally all good food. But - beware of some food not cooked sufficiently, some meats were undercooked and poor quality.
Entertainment - This is where my partner and I agree to differ. Me, I thought it was poor and not to my taste. My partner really enjoyed the entertainment, especially the singing of musicals, covers of andrew lloyd webber etc.
Outside Pool Area - It was very very quiet, no atmosphere at all, apart from some people snoring away on the sunbeds. No music at all, so don't forget to take your Ipod!
Room - The room was small, with twin beds, the balcony was brilliant, overlooking the sea, the best view ever! However - The walls are thin! It took me two nights to realise that the peculiar noises were coming from next door and not my partner who was fast asleep next to me. Every movement could be heard!, Furniture, High heels, tables, and other natural noises.
We must also mention that balcony lights go out at 12 midnight, so take a torch, earplugs, and an Ipod on this holiday!

Room Tip: Overlooking the sea was the best sunny view
3 Thank jeanandrob
Essex
Reviewed 11 June 2011

A great four star hotel, not bang up to date with regards decor but clean and bright. Just the bathroom was a little tired in terms of the mirror and shower curtain, but the sea view in our room more than made up for this. We opted for half board and because we had a short stay this saved us time looking for the right place to eat in the evening so we could sight see more and of course saved us money. We were in awe of how big the dining area was, so much choice for food. The breakfast and dinner were both of a great standard and dining al fresco was lovely.
The location was fantastic being in the east side of the island pretty much in the middle it is great to get to all areas of the island and we managed to see all of the island in 3 days. Personally San Eularia is the nicest resort of all and the Sol Ibiza is nestled in a beautiful setting. I heard from another guest that the hotel was noisy but I did not think so, I sleep with ear plugs anyway and I would recommend taking some just in case. We had a fantastic stay and would most definitely stay here again.

4 Thank cheekabooessex
IBEROSTAR Santa Eulalia
IBEROSTAR Santa Eulalia
#9 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#2 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Tropic Garden Aparthotel
Tropic Garden Aparthotel
#16 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Occidental Ibiza
Occidental Ibiza
#2 of 13 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia

Been to Sol Beach House Ibiza? Share your experiences!