“Lovely holiday”

Sirenis Hotel Club Siesta
merseyside
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I had a lovely time at the Siesta.We have already booked to go back next Sept.

The staff very friendly the food was gt.

Our room was smaller than most of the others Pepe said we could change but we had already unpacked and it was private and very quite so it was fine.

We loved the area beach and the prom with easy reach.

Pepe was very helpful when my husband was not well for a few days.

Marilyn and Sam were good fun especially table tennis.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

First impressions of this hotel weren't particuarly great. It felt slightly dated and probably closer to a 3* than a 4* to be honest. However the relaxed atmosphere, great food and the very helpful and friendly staff, especially Pepe on reception, more than made up for that!
The pool area was nice and clean and sun beds were plentiful although if you can grab one of the blue and white stripped ones as they are far more comfortable than the white plastic ones! Our room was fairly basic but it was clean and very quiet although there was a fair bit of mould gathering on the ceiling. We were on the ground floor and encountered 2 huge cockroaches, one which I just managed to stop getting in our room from the balcony and another when we had returned from watching the night time entertainment and noticed it on the wall. Not having any spray with me or wanting it squashed on the bottom of my shoe the younger lad on reception was called and he squashed it with his shoe. It was so big it took him a couple of attempts to finally kill it!
Daytime entertainment consisted of darts, pool, archery, French boules and water polo and seemed to be quite popular. Night time entertainment wasn't great if truth be told.
Location wise the hotel is situated about a 10/15 minute walk from the port of Santa Eulailia where there were plenty of bars and restaurants and there are also a couple of decent bars over the road from the hotel along with a supermarket.
The hotel were quite crafty in only giving us 1 room card/key which, despite also having to wear a wristband you need to show when you want a drink or snack from the bar. However the card is also required to activate the electricity in your room and things like the air con won't work without it so we often returned to a stifling hot room.
A very pleasant hotel, which could be even better if some money was spent on updating it a bit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jameskidd19
Kent
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a First Choice All Inclusive package. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly reception staff the booking in was short and efficient. We were given our room on the ground floor we asked for a higher floor for a better view but they were fully booked so we made do. We were allocated a disabled access room (which wasn't required or asked for) with a walk in shower and no bath.

The first impression was a smell of mustiness, the decoration needed freshening up, small mosaic tiles in the shower had come away and been left. When you did have a shower the bathroom floor flooded as the soak away wasn't that efficient and overall the room didn't give the impression of cleanliness you would expect from a hotel of this quality. (when we were leaving we found a packet of biscuits in the back of the wardrobe that wasn't ours)

All rooms have air conditioning which on the ground floor is the only choice as there are no windows and only patio doors which if left open would mean that your room could be accessed from the side of the hotel. Several of our party including me suffered a bit with sore throats and coughs that seemed to be linked the constant use of the aircon

There is a safe in the room but you need to pay a daily charge and leave a deposit for a key(which you had to carry around with you all day/night as there was nowhere in the room to hide it!) the patio doors dont seem that secure so we had one for all group to store their documents and valuables. i really think in room safes should now be standard and free of charge.

There was plenty of choice of food for to suit all tastes including hot options and salad but the restaurant was canteen like with little atmosphere whether it was breakfast lunch or dinner. There was a dead cockroach on the floor there didn't seem any hurry to remove . We saw the same small number of staff for a week which may be why certain things such as cleaning suffers

We had an early coach transfer so the hotel opened the restaurant early at 0700 to allow us all to have breakfast

The evening entertainment was poor and in several cases non existent which seems odd for a party island.

Spent a couple of days around the pool but make sure you get the blue stripe beds as the white ones are uncomfortable after awhile. There were daily events and competitions and i never felt pressured to take part, although it was fun watching the mass drowning that was water polo

The room keys have to be shown each time you get a drink from the bar or food from the outside kiosk, you also have to wear a wrist band. the problem with this is that for some reason the card kept wiping the data when it was in my purse, so that when you come back late you cant get in and have to get it reset.

The hotel is appx 15/20 mins walk from the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. We did have a nice time despite some of the issues

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get the best of the views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I am in my early 30s and I stayed here for a week with my wife.

I have stayed in dozens of 3 star hotels throughout Europe and the US, the overall standard of this hotel, and in particular the food is a very, very long way off.

This hotel does not have a restaurant – it has a canteen.

The pool area is very cramped, with several older female residents going topless, which may not bother you, but seeing as you will be less than 6 inches from the next sunbed I thought it’s worth flagging up!

Every day there are communal activities which mean you have to vacate the pool, and one member of staff in particular was very rude in insisting guests participate, even when they were trying to eat lunch.

The beds were very uncomfortable, and the sound insulation in the bedrooms was appalling.

Aside from the staff member mentioned earlier, I agree with many of the reviews regards the hotel staff, they were excellent.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone under 50, and be aware the emphasis is very much on quantity over quality.

2 Thank Viking1861
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed her from the 2nd of September to the 9th . This hotel was lovely I stayed with my boyfriend and it was just what we needed. Our room was very spacious and clean, I found our bed was comfortable , we had rose style tissues placed on our pillow which I found cute. The food was great such a variety each day , me and my partner have different tastes and there was always something we could enjoy and I really loved the fish , I dont usually eat fish but now im going to start eating it more often. The snack bar at the pool also had burgers, pizza, toasties, chips and pizza which I found handy. The pool area in which I never struggled to get a sunbed . was real fun we spent most mornings here then went out in afternoons there is always something going on such as water aerobics which I joined in , I can't remember the womans name but she was hilarious had everyone smiling and laughing throughout the holiday. There was also water polo , ping pong competitions, killer darts and french bowls. In the evenings the bar inside and out was lively and had various stufd going on such as parrott show, magic show, BINGO (again done by the woman I cant remember her name had us in stitches), various singers. The bar staff need praising they do a lot of work and they was so friendly, we bumped into one in town and he said hello which I thought was nice. Actually all the staff need to be praised they do a lot of work to make your holiday perfect which they did for us reception staff which again was always helping us , the maids my room was always clean, kitchen/cleaning staff was always busy cooking , doing tables, restocking food was all lovely and approachable. All in all I would go back to this hotel in the future , as im only in my 20's I want to experience different places but I know when I start a family I would definitely take my family here for our first holiday . Thanks for our amazing stay

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank LMBrok
Howden
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful week here with family whilst attending a wedding on the Island. From the minute we arrived the staff did everything possible to improve our enjoyment. The friendly reception staff provide a great welcome and every one smiles. Our room was on the top floor and provided great views out over the surrounding hills and coast. The restaurant provides a good selection of meals with a resident chef offering freshly cooked meat and fish.Bedrooms clean and regularly serviced. Only minor point was a water leak following a heavy downpour but this was soon remedied. Overall a great place to spend a week on the magic island,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jaspandsal
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

just stayed 2 weeks at this hotel, food excellent, plenty of choice. staff very friendly and helpful, plenty of sun beds, but the white plastic ones are hard, so go for the blue striped. take your own tea bags. would rate this as 3 star hotel. mattress on the beds are hard, but a lovely walk into the main promenade about 20 minutes, rooms cleaned each day. very relaxing hotel, entertainment average but something on most nights but we always went out at night. i could definately recommend this hotel, good value for the money.

Room Tip: good rooms over the pool
1 Thank pollyonamopstick