“Definitely recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostal Buenavista

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hostal Buenavista
Manchester
“Definitely recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Read the reviews and was a little dubious, how wrong can you be? This is definitely not the place for you if you want lifts, power showers and matching wood veneered furniture!!
Travelled with a group of girls and everything was great. Was a bit worried at first as the steps had to be negotiated with a case but no problems as we was told to leave our cases as they would be taken up the steps, very relieved and they was then taken to our room. Went to the bar on our first evening and had the most fabulous time drinking, chatting and eating tapas. Could not have been better looked after.We stayed in a family room and there was more than enough room for 4 girls to get ready for a night out!!! Shabby chic at its best I would say. The hotel is situated in such a fantastic place, overlooking the area of Santa Eulalia that you could not feel chilled. The pool area is small but shaded and as for the sunbeds, yes there was a few dodgy ones but the lush cushions and the ambient atmosphere more than makes up for it. The restaurant is amazing and after our experience of the restaurants in Santa Eulalia I would recommend that you eat there for breakfast, luch and dinner.... Service was fantastic and the food was amazing. Seriously the staff could not do enough to please you, even going to the extremes of serving staff paella to us!!! There is an atmosphere of total chill out, and this is emphasised with the layout of the area. Big sofas and table that have candles burning in lanterns just set the atmosphere spot on.There was an incident with a kindle so my only suggestion would be to utilise the safe deposit box that is provided in your room. All in all I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jamManchester

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I spent a week at Buenavista. The general impression was good and I would go back to Buenavista if I ever go back to Ibiza.

I was a bit concerned when I booked because two recent reviews at TripAdvisor complained about thefts. I have to say that security does not seem to be a big concern for most clients, as they would leave the rooms´ keys at the entrance (where anyone could theoretically take them and access their rooms). I guess most people never had a problem, as otherwise the hotel would run a different policy. On top of that, there is a free safe on every room for those smartphones / jewellery / etc (you pay a deposit for the key, and it is given back to you when you return it).

The sea can be seen from most rooms, including the room where breakfast is served and the swimming pool. Most of the view is blocked by more recent buildings built near the beach, but the view is still nice.

The hotel is near the beach (*) and the town centre, but then again everything is near in a place as small as Santa Eularia. The river and the park as very near too, as well as a couple of supermarkets and shop that are very convenient.

The swimming pool is small but charming. The restaurant is very nice (especially in the evenings, when you can enjoy the sofas and the chillout music) and not expensive (for Ibiza).

Rooms have a/c (absolutely necessary in the summer) and free wifi (although cover is not good in several rooms, and you must go to the reception area to catch it).

The hotel is at the top of a hill, and has stairs everywhere. Good for views and for character, but *if you have a problem with stairs, do not come to this hotel*.

(*) Santa Eularia´s beach is one of the less impressive in Ibiza, but still nice. Most people will be happier if they rent a car and enjoy some of the more beautiful (and less crowded) beaches on other parts of the island, rather than stay at Santa Eularia.

Room Tip: If you need wifi in the room, say so when booking so that you get a room near the reception desk.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WanderingAcademic656
alicante
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

booked this little gem after seeing reasonable write-ups on trip advisor and thought I would go make my own mind up, was not looking for a party crowd so this seemed fine. Its just of the beaten track with lovely views of the sea and 5 minutes walk into town and for beach. We arrived late at night and didnt know what to expect when the taxi dropped us off at very steep steps, if you are not so mobile this is not the place for you as it is built on a hill and has lots of different levels, with its rooms and gardens but if you have no problems in that department it is just lovely, its a total chill pill with lounge chairs and beds outside where its just perfect to take a book and kick back. The rooms are not large but look inviting with their old worldy furniture and 4 poster beds, its not modern and there is no television (lovely total peace) (there is a room where you could watch) but the hotel has free wifi and they dont charge you for the safe, which is nice in this day and age; where you get stung for everything. Breakfast was included and served in a lovely open room, continental with a nice choice of spanish ham, cheese, bread and eggs, always replaced when getting low. The hotel offers a "Chill Out garden, really pretty, nice music and the food was really good we ate there 3 out of our 4 nights and really enjoyed it, but after 3 to 7 you can not get any food so either order lunch before or walk to the little supermarket. This hotel is in a lovely location, and is great for the traveler who does not want the usual chain star hotel, its different and it has character, staff were nice and helpful, just a couple of minus, a few beds around the pool are broken, I went through about 3 before I found one that was not and the A/C in the room do not seem to work to the best of their ability, so we put it on a few hours before sleeping, usually 10 minutes would be enough, would we go back absolutely, we loved it

Room Tip: we had a normal room with a sea view, but they do have rooms with balcony
1 Thank zargapuss
Bariano, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel is well located, you can reach both the beach and the city centre in 5 minutes. The rooms are not very big, but they are very nice, especially for those couples who are looking for a private and romantic place to be. The hotel has a swimming pool and there are beautiful gardens where you can relax. There is also a restaurant, next to the hotel, where you can eat special home made "Paellas". Santa Eualaria Des Riu offers the possibility to reach all the most beautiful places of the island thanks to its public means of transport. I really enjoyed my expierence in the hotel Buena Vista thanks to the kindness of the people and the quality of the service. I think that there's is a good relationship between price and service.

1 Thank Erika C
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

When I read the negative reviews on here I was a bit concerned I had booked a week of disappointment. Yes, there are steep steps that lead to the entrance but I knew that from doing a "reccy" last year before I decided to book. The hotel is an authentic Spanish hotel built when there were obviously uninterupted views to the sea and risk assessments were unheard of. I booked a rural room as I wanted a bit of luxury at what I considered to be a reasonable price for July. Our room was quirky, a four poster bed which was comfortable, air con and a nice private balcony allowing great views to the sea. The bathroom had a great walk in shower however there are no coffee making facilities or fridge. That said the pool area and restaurant are great, we ate twice in the restaurant, really laid back and good service. The gardens are beautiful, so is the ambience.

Room Tip: Rural rooms are best ie 104 or 105. Take a travel kettle and bottle opener/corkscrew.
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I had the unfortunate luck of staying at the Buenavista for 2 nights. When I left, I found that my jacket and an expensive scarf were no longer in the closet where I had left them. The man (owner?) said nothing had been found and the only person that was in there was house cleaning - he forced me to confront the house cleaning staff instead of doing it himself. Of course, she denied ever seeing the items. As I was staying the week nearby, I told them I would come back in case they "found" the items... I came back 3x during the week. Each time, the owner acted annoyed and after a long wait would once again take me to confront house cleaning. Basically, no help, no honesty and loads of arrogance. Now, after reading the reviews of others that have had the same experience as me I can only warn you to do yourself a favor and find another hotel. It's really a shame because the restaurant, pool and gardens are nice but I suspect the restaurant is run by other people. Go for dinner, but don't stay at this dump.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CuriousTraveler00
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

The hostal has a nice view over the village and the sea, but also a lot of stairs to climb as said in the other reviews. I cannot tell about the summer, but in May it was very empty and as we had rainy weather, the rooms were really humid and cold. So I cannot recommend it for the cold months. The blankets are thin and the air condition is not useful for heating the room. Additionally the breakfast is not very good: coffee tastes like instant coffee. And there is no fresh fruit. Maybe the I pression would have been better in the summer, but is was not as expected ...

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple