“Amazing holiday!”

Palladium Hotel Don Carlos
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This review is a bit dated seeing as we visited in May 2013, but i couldn't resist telling everyone what an amazing place this is.

We came here for my fiances 20th birthday, we booked through Thomson and they said they would email them to let them know. on arrival we had been upgraded from a twin room to a superior suite! Now I'm not saying everybody who is celebrating will get an upgrade, i guess it depends on how busy the hotel is and what the celebration is, but the room was fantastic.

It was really quiet as it was the first week it was open in the season, but that suited us just fine - no getting up at 7:00 to reserve your favorite sun lounger!

All the staff were fantastic and only too happy to help. The only let down for us was the local area, the beaches aren't anything to rave about... However, there is a lovely walk through the forests to Cala Llonga, just speak to a member of staff at the reception desk and follow the yellow arrows painted on rocks/trees (be wary though, this walk took us nearly 3 hours and we consider ourselves physically fit, definitely do not attempt around mid day and take plenty of water & sun cream with you)

Overall this was one the best holidays we have ever been on and hope to return sometime next year.

Oh and if your deciding between fiesta hotel Cala Llonga and the fiesta hotel Don Carlos, I would definitely go to Don Carlos if you're looking for a really laid back, quiet, relaxing holiday - you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lorna S
PalladiumHG, Director de Recepción at Palladium Hotel Don Carlos, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
Dear Guest,
We are grateful for your comments about our whole team, the wide variety of food, and some other aspects of our hotel which you have mentioned.
I will certainly address your comments to all departments. I am sure that they will be thankful for your nice words
Really after all this time that you remember your vacation is fantastic, thank you very much and hope to see you again
All the best

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Slovak first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was the third time we had visited the Don Carlos in October, and we were so looking forward to it, in fact based on our previous fantastic times, last year we splashed out on a suite, it was pure luxury, and the total hotel makeover and the new A la Carte restaurant, we had recommended our friends who are going next year! Firstly the chjarge for the suite had increased by £100 for the week, but we still thought it was worth it. When we arrived we were greeted warmly, as usual, and from experience we know it is neccessary to pre book the A la Carte, as its very popular, lasy year you were entitled to 3 visits, this year only 2? The whole experience was a let down, I know it is near the end of the season, but we always go the same time for our last holiday of the year, but the staff seemed dissinterested, in fact we had to clear our own plates in the buffet, there just weren't enough staff, and the hotel wasn't full. The wine for the last 2 years was good quality and good value, this year both price had gone up and the quality down. We still love Santa Eulalia but we won't be going back to the Don Carlos until we see some really good comments next year!

Room Tip: Go for a suite, but not overlooking the pool, unless you want to hear the entertainment.
11 Thank Martin G
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

My mum and I stayed from the 31st July to 7th August.
I wanted to wait until I had returned from my recent holiday to Egypt before I commented to compare them and there is no contest.

My parents stayed at the Don Carlos the year before so I was looking forward to it.
The rooms were spacious, clean and the air conditioning worked really really well.
All the staff were fantastic, from the restaurant to the bar and reception. Aivis was amazing and didn't push you if you didn't want to take part in any of the activities. He is a real credit to the hotel.

The evening entertainment was actually really good and it was great to be able to walk into the centre between dinner and the shows.
It was a nice touch to have the musicians playing at lunch.

The all inclusive was great as it included premium brands, although I have to keep an eye on the amount of alcohol included in the drinks as they could be quite strong.
We had no problems with the food and could always find something to eat.

A great holiday. Would we return - yes.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank naughtymisslil
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Unless things change, this will be the last visit to the Don Carlos, which is a shame as it's in a wonderful area for a relaxed holiday.
The hotel and rooms are just as good as last year, but that's where the positives end.
The standard of food has dropped and by the end of the week, we were struggling to find something decent to eat. On the Thursday night, all you could taste was salt! As for the sweets, boring and repetitive.
Staff numbers are down and although they do their best, you can see that morale is down and they are struggling to cope.
By the Wednesday, they had run out of the wine we had been drinking, nor were a few other options we asked for available.
You would hope that as returning guest, the management would try and help with requests. Unfortunately, our request for the same 4th floor suite was turned down as rooms are allocated on a 1st come 1st served basis! My follow up email asking if we could book a meal In the a la carte restaurant on the Tuesday fro my Wife's birthday did not even merit a reply. Needless to say, when we arrived, we were unable to book for that night, nor did the hotel acknowledge that it was her birthday in any way, which was disappointing.
Sadly, I don't think that we will be returning to the hotel again next year, but will be returning to Santa Eulalia.

10 Thank Snags1369
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

It's taken me a while to review our holiday this year in August as I kept putting it off but here goes.......we booked our holiday at the Don Carlos last November so looked forward to it for months, we booked through our local Thomson and we splashed out a bit on a suite as it was our first ever couples hotel with out the children.

I emailed the hotel several times beforehand and very nicely asked if our suite had a sea view as that's what it stipulated on their online web page that suites had sea views and that we would dearly like a nice view.
I had a nice reply from the director of the hotel ( Ivan) who emailed me that he would personally handle my booking and that I would and could be assured our suite would have a wonderful sea view, Ivan even emailed me to ask if I would like a high floor and I replied 4th floor would be fantastic.
I felt this was going to be a great holiday as Ivan obviously looked after his guests and I started to count down the days till our dream holiday as reviews were good and the pictures of the suites looked gorgeous with the jacuzzi in the room and the great open plan feel with the his and hers sink.
Looking back I should of printed the emails from Ivan off and taken them with me as proof of his promises. What a silly naive women I must be.

The holiday arrived and we arrived........Simone booked us in not with a smile or a feeling of welcome....she gave us our room key...213 ...I said straight away that we are meant to be on the 4th floor.....no she said and checked our booking ...I told her that I had corresponded directly with Ivan and he had reassured me that we had our sea view suite on the 4th floor.

She said we hadn't paid for a sea view and brought out other peoples bookings that had booked and paid for a sea view so I could see the price difference. She remained cool and professional and detached from my mounting fear that indeed Ivan had not meant what he had written to me.

We took the key for 213 and were met by a larger room but not a suite that I had seen in the Thomson brochure or on the Don,s website but just a room with a separate bathroom.....no jacuzzi was in the room. When I stepped onto the balcony my heart broke ....all those months of looking forward to what I thought was going to be so wonderful a holiday. The view was over the back of the kitchens and a pile of rubbish and lots of orange crates.

I went straight down to reception crying tears of real heart break to start our holiday this way with this awful room and view when I had been promised I would indeed be receiving a suite that we had paid for and a wonderful view.

Simone said it was a suite and we were booked throughThomson's and that was what we had paid for.
She left me standing there crying my eyes out without any emotion from her at all. She said we could upgrade for another 300 euros. I told her we had already paid for a suite and carried on crying. It was humiliating to stand there like that while other guests were booked in.

In the end she gave me a key to 241 ...the suite that we had booked but it was an awful start to our holiday.

Some other points.......

The restaurant needs to cater for us vegetarians more as I struggled to find anything really good. On asking what was there that I could have the chef pointed to a dish of sweet corn and mushrooms...the al a carte was really nice but a very limited menu.
Aivis (entertainment) is a star and a really lovely man....always a smile and a wave and he works so hard in the summer heat.
The hotel is super clean and the cleaners are a credit to the hotel. I tipped our nice cleaning lady as she did such a great job.

We both really likes Santa Eulalia and will return but sadly not to this hotel as I felt so let down. You shouldn't have to cry on holiday should you.....Shame on you Ivan......

Room Tip: Make double sure you get what you booked and paid for.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
15 Thank genielamp123
Shifnal
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We enjoyed very much our stay 16th to 23rd 0ctober. We stayed all inclusive. Staff were excellent, from reception to cleaning. No problem at all with food, plenty of choice at every meal.
Room facilities very good, excellent shower. Bit of a walk to Santa Eulalia, if walking a problem, but plenty of benches to have a break and watch the world go by. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floor sea view room, entertainment finished about 10.30/11.00 pm and we experienced no outside n...
6 Thank Lillian B
Manchester
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed Sept for one week.
Very nice hotel, very clean, exceptionally friendly, great location (10 mins to centre)
been to this area last year and tried to book this hotel but fully booked, managed to grab a week this year as we love this area of the island.The web sight says all sea view rooms so assumed that I didn't need to pay extra but on arrival it was a garden view with the sea in the distance. Actually I didn't bother to change as it was quite nice and after seeing the rooms to the front it was obvious that the noise from the outdoor entertainment was on till around midnight. The entertainment is something I don't normally bother with as its usually rubbish but I have to say the daytime entertainment guy was so good, he really made us laugh, im sure it was his hotel LOL.
Food, im not complaining, but hotel food gets abit mundane after a while. We found Sat-tues was fine then I think they run out of ideas after then as it seemed liked poorer cuts of meat so it went from steak to meatballs. You had an la /cart restaurant which you could book twice in one week which was very nice, infact id say it was excellent, so book this thurs /Friday.
All in all a very nice hotel .

Room Tip: don't pick the rooms facing the pools in the centre , well they are suits anyway but more centra...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#6 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#8 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
IBEROSTAR Santa Eulalia
IBEROSTAR Santa Eulalia
#1 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel

Been to Palladium Hotel Don Carlos? Share your experiences!