“Value for money”

Catalonia Ses Estaques
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed in this resort a number of times but the first time at the Ses Estaquates and have to say it gives value for money the meals are good as are the rooms which are spotless we found the staff to be very friendly eager to please.
We were able to get a sunbed at anytime of the day our favourite place being the garden as it was so peaceful also in the dining room we also got a table without any wait.
So in conclusion we would say its a great well run hotel with brilliant staff and will return again on our next visit.

Room Tip: For the quiet life ask for a room overlooking the tennis courts.
4  Thank robandgina
Giancarlo D, Director General at Catalonia Ses Estaques, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Madam and Sir,
We would like to thank you for your feedback about your vacation at Ses Estaques and it's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed it. Lucky to have you as our Guests in the Hotel, we are encouraged by your kind words which will push us to improve even more day by day.
We are enchanted to know through your comments that you are already thinking of returning to visit us again in the future. We shall try the utmost to fulfill your expectations.
Always at your service,
Giancarlo Dell´Erba

There are newer reviews for Catalonia Ses Estaques

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just back from our second visit to Ses Estaques and had another fantastic holiday. The helpful staff, friendly guests and wonderful location were the main reasons we returned.
It's an idyllic spot with a really nice atmosphere throughout...just perfect for a relaxing holiday.

This year we had a poolside view after the tennis court view the year before. Definitely preferred the poolside as it was nice to have the option watch the entertainment from the balcony.

We felt the food was better this year, some more Spanish dishes and greater variety.

Already booked for next year!

4  Thank MarkLindaGlasgow

Dear Valued Guest,
Starting with myself and all my Colleagues we are delighted to have you back in the "Family" again this year and we are enchanted to know through your comments that you have already booked for next year. We shall try the utmost to fulfill your expectations.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my second visit to Ses Estaques and it was just wonderful. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel so welcome by the reception staff. Our room overlooked the pool and pool bar, views of the ocean and the marina and over to Puig de Missa. All comfortable and exceptionally clean. The restaurant was excellent, great choice of foods for breakfast and dinner, very friendly and helpful staff who no matter how busy, took time to talk to you. Yes the majority of guests have been there before and there is a very friendly, family atmosphere but there is no pressure on you to join in with anything, you just do you own thing. Jimmy the Thompson Rep was as fabulous as ever, his knowledge of the area and things to do is wonderful. Take the opportunity to eat at Ses Sevines, fabulous food and it is a beautiful place to sit and have a cocktail and watch the evening fall under the pine trees. There is something magical and special about Ses Estaques which I cannot put into words, I cannot wait to go there again. Huge thank you to everyone there for helping to make our holiday so fab, from Dulce who cleaned our room and tried out her English, Alex who is the font of all knowledge in Reception, Josephina in the restaurant and also to the Manager Giancarlo who takes time to speak to his guests and find out if everything is to their liking. Isabel who is just lovely and of course to Jimmy and the Thomson team who are there if you need them and not in your face. I truly love this place. We were two girls on holidays, in our 40's, without our men and we had just the most fabulous time so don't let it put you off that this is a Thomson Gold Hotel. It is just perfection.
Don't think about it, just book it - but leave room for us for next time.

Room Tip: If you choose pool view rooms you will get the evening entertainment sounds until midnight - all exc...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dawn M
Giancarlo D, Director General at Catalonia Ses Estaques, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Dawn,
It is our aim to let all our Guests feel at "home away from home" and this is probably the reason why we have over 40% of repeater Customers within our premises and, the special atmosphere, I believe is because of the fantastic relationship between Guests and Staff..
Starting with myself and all my Colleagues we are delighted to have you back in the "Family" again this year for the second time and we hope to see you in the close future, being at your service and try once more to exceed your highest expectations.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have just returned from our 3rd visit to Santa Eulalia but our first stay at the Ses Estaques and we were very impressed from start to finish. Thompson looked after us from arrival at the airport, through the flight and throughout our stay - the reps were very friendly and were available if necessary but if, like us, you want a quiet holiday then you are able to have this at this hotel. There are poolside games if that is want you want and great evening entertainment, the Four Tops were brilliant. If that is not your cup of tea then you can have a stroll around the Marina or visit the plentiful and amazing shops. There is so much to do at Santa Eulalia or go further afield, we caught a local bus at the station to San Antonio - only 2 Euros each way and only took about 20 mins. There you can see what the other side of the island gets up to!
Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool, the entertainment went on until approx. midnight, which was fine by us, you can always shut your double glazed door blocking out the sound. We were overlooking the Marina and boat yard and I loved watching all that was going on there.
The staff at the hotel do go out of there way to help, always seem happy, our room was cleaned every day and was spotless, many thanks for this. Yes, we paid for a superior room, as it was our 30th wedding anniversary we felt we deserved the extras such as slippers, robe, fruit and wine. We found it very quiet , relaxing and tranquil , just what we wanted. We were aware that many quests return each year and were welcomed by the staff, which I thought was a lovely gesture.
Also, there was the inevitable placing of towels at 6.00am which we found thoroughly amusing, we certainly didn't get up at that hour on our holiday and always found plenty of free sunbeds, the gardens were our favourite as it was so quiet here, if you wanted a drink there is a drinks machine there or its only a short stroll to the bar or pool.
The only small complaint we had was not being able to cool bottles of water in the fridge, which was a minibar only - we have stayed in other hotels where there is this facility but it wouldn't stop us returning, the room we had was just lovely with a queen size bed, plenty of storage and fantastic views across the Marina.
All in all we had a wonderful stay and I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor for fantastic views
4  Thank Kim875
Giancarlo D, Director General at Catalonia Ses Estaques, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Starting with myself and all my Colleagues we are delighted to have you back in our premises again this year for the 3rd time and we hope to see you in the close future, being at your service and try once more to exceed your highest expectations.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have just returned from ses estaques and would not go back.I was ill for two days of my holiday with a bad stomach i was only there for a week.I would only rate it as a three star.Food not too bad quite a good choice,but not what im used to, I normally go to four or five star hotels not been in three star for many years.No one spoke to me the whole time I was there,I was travelling alone,majority of guests were returning guests and I found very clicky. A word of warning single rooms have no balcony which I was surprised at,when I asked to change my room they wanted 40 euros a day,I had aiready paid single room sup.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank bailey1946

Dear Madam and Sir,
We would like to thank you for writing your opinion about your recent stay with us, being of the utmost importance for us and our main source to improve our facilities and service.
We truly regret not having been able to fulfill all your expectations, we highly appreciate your opinion and we will definitely follow up your review although related to your reservation, it must have been your agency to tell you about the room you booked was without balcony. Then, I can assure all the Guests and the Staff at the Hotel are very friendly and approchable so, it is a surprise to me that you felt alone.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

For our 10th visit we experienced a 5 star stay in this 3 star hotel.The new manager has made some subtle changes which continue to improve this hotel.The staff worked tirelessly to ensure there was nothing to want for.Josephine in the restaurant could not have been more charming making the 3 of us feel most welcome! I can only say if you want one of the most pleasant holidays you could have please book now. You will not be diappointed.Thankyou all at the hotel for making our stay a most wonderful experience.See you next year.David Court

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room please ask for one that is not on the poolside.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank David C

Dear Mr. Court,
We particularly appreciate your words about the Staff. This makes us feeling proud of the pleasant effort we put every day in our job.
Starting with myself and all my Colleagues we are delighted to have you back in our premises again this year for the 10th holiday with us and we are delighted to know that you had such a great time with us and that you are already planning on returning to our Hotel again in the future. We are looking forward to meet you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Back again, after a few short weeks! Staff Monica (congratulations on twins) Alex (congratulations) Isabel,(lovely Lady) Manual, Hose, Raul, Josefina, Diego, both Paco's, Paqui and all the staff I have not mentioned are all fantastic, and of course Giancarlo the Director, great guy, Oh Senor Kelly the engineer, how he makes things go up and down!! People (some) complain about the hotel, it is a three star hotel, but with a five star location, and five star staff. I have been lucky to have stayed in some of the worlds top hotels, Saint German, Forte Village, plus others, the food and rooms as you would expect are fantastic, so are the prices, the staff, are just staff, not friends as in Ses Estaques yes some of the rooms are tired, but they are always modernising, yes the guests do err on the older side of life, but we all get there, at least its nice to know that there is somewhere who wants us!! bit like the rooms, a little tired, well some of us, not me!!! If you think I am a little biased then you would be right, I am still working, and very critical about all in life, I do not offer advice, or suggestion lightly. Some people will always moan, but Heyho do the minority matter, go there and enjoy the good things that the hotel offers, and off lay against the bad.

Room Tip: Depends what you want, Marina side gives entertainment, (sun in the afternoon) tennis court side is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank donald d

Dear Valued Guest,
It is our aim to let all our Guests feel at "home away from home" and this is probably the reason why we have over 40% of repeater Customers within our premises. We do like a lot the sentence "3 star Hotel with 5 star Service" which we usually use as our motto and is good to hear from a Guest.
Starting with myself and all my Colleagues we are delighted to have you back in the "Family" again this year and we hope to see you in the close future, being at your service and try once more to exceed your highest expectations.