“GO TO THIS HOTEL/RESORT”

Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have never in my life written a review, however having been back form Cala Verde, Es Figueral, Ibiza for a week we are missing it so much!!
This hotel from start to finish was faultless and is very much recommended to anyone reading this, especially families with children. This was our 4 year old sons first holiday and he had an absolute ball.
We arrived in the middle of the night and was dropped off at Cala Blanca and had to get taken up to Cala Verde on a golf buggy, it was interesting but our son thought it was great so we really didn't mind. The reception also gave us a welcome 'picnic' for each of us with sandwiches, fruit, cakes and water.
It was also our first holiday All Inclusive and we certainly got our moneys worth of food and drink. The bar list was extensive, no limit on the number of drinks you can order, lots of international spirits and there were several ice creams/ice lollies for the kids also included.
The restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner has the most fantastic views, great choice of food, even for a vegetarian, coffee, juice, beer, wine also on tap. Staff were very quick in clearing and also replenishing everything on offer. There is also the Brasserie for eating and you could get snacks here (burgers, hotdogs, pizza, toasties) 11am-6pm.
We were in Cala Verde however you can book a meal at Cala Blanca (included in your all inclusive, booking just for them to keep track of numbers)
The hotel was so clean, every area smelt clean and our room was cleaned and towels changed every day, The hotel staff work SO hard!
Animation/entertainment staff amazing, so attentive to the kids, loads of activities on offer, however staff never pushy, and before the entertainment at 10pm there is a kids 'mini disco' at 8:30pm every night.
Cala Verde was a 2min walk to Pirate Island, the children's splashwork's pool, which also had plenty sunbeds and a hut with toilets (brand new) and bar with drinks and icecreams, coffe and smoothies. Most on all inclusive. This was next too the kids 'mini-club' and park. Our son loved it!
Although the hotels are on a small resort, which is walking distance to the beach and a couple of 'spar' shops and one that has loads of gift/clothing/cosmetics, its only a short trip to other resorts on the island. We went on the train ride (picks up at cala blanca) and visited Es Cana and the Hippy market. Its worth the trip.
Over all this was a fantastic hotel which made a fantastic holiday. Would go back in a second!!

Room Tip: Most had great views, even standard room was perfect for our needs
4  Thank klg1983

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights from 6th july,could not fault it only that it was in a residential area,and not much privacy on your balcony.Food and room good.One main problem the sunbeds too close to the next person,and people saving them.My sister and I noted one couple who where the first out with towels and hardly ever saw them during the day,that is so not on.Did not see any hotel staff removing any belongings.The staff are all lovely and friendly even done to the cleaning ladies.We stayed in room 226,very large and lovely and quiet.Would give this hotel a go!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank janDuky
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Just returned after an 11 night all inclusive stay at the cala verde which I booked on the strength of the trip advisor reviews I had read. All in all could not fault anything, and everything was more or less as I had expected, the service was excellent and the food was varied and plentiful.
I had been slightly concerned as to whether I had made the right decision in requesting the cala verde opposed to the cala blanca and I have to say both hotels had their plus points and it doesn't matter which hotel you are placed in as you simply use either to suit your particular tastes/ requirements. We tended to use the adult pool at the cala blanca which was brilliant as there was just my wife and I and there was never ever an issue getting a sun lounger at any time of the day. The weather was lovely and hot ( a little too hot at times ! ) but you can always get a cool drink to cool off !. first time we have done all inclusive and the drinks alone were well worth it to plenty to chose from.( special mention to Toni - who always had a beautiful smile, and her bar staff for their excellent service ). I was also slightly worried that I had made the right choice in this hotel as seemed mainly for families and perhaps not best suited to couples, however it is ideal for both families and couples alike as we just wanted to chill and relax and got exactly that.
The only thing I would say is that although it was a great holiday perhaps 11 nights was a bit too long as I started to wane with the eating and drinking and it can be nice to try different places for eating drinking and entertainment etc.
Would I go back ?, yes definately but perhaps just for 7 nights next time.

Room Tip: I e-mailed in advance requesting a sea view and got one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ClaptonGatesh
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Hi,

I know this review is supposed to be about the hotel and I hate anyone that reduces their score of the hotel for things like bad flight, times, dates, weather, etc, but I will cover all aspects, but only rate the hotel based on the hotel.

Me, the wife (30s) and our son (3.5) went for 14 days with Jet2. My mother and father inlaw (60s) joined us for 10 days in the middle of our stay. End of june2013.

Jet2 travel went fine. A few party reverllers, but no great shake. However, the transfer to the hotel was 1hr 15min. This seemed to be the norm from speaking to people who got the jet2 bus.

Hotel very nice on first appearance. Reception staff all pleasant and happy to help.

We were room 1112 and the room is of a good size and standard. we had a limited view of the sea, but a good view none the less. Bathroom was large with bath, over shower, bday, toilet and sink. The shower wasn't brilliant, but there again I do love my power shower, so I would say it did the job really. Lots of storage cupboards. take extra hanger if you like to hang things up. TV small but ok - only sky news and bbc world news for English people. kettle, tea and coffee provided. think there was a hairdryer, but no iron or board. bed very large, but the pillows were the worst I've ever slept on. would compare them to the old sausage dog we used to put at the bottom of our door to stop the draft coming in. I'm not kidding when I say you should take your own!!!!

Pool area great and pools were lovely and clean. lots of beds and brollies. not many tables though.

The pirate ship was a short 5 minute walk away and in between the Verde and Blanca. We booked this holiday for that alone, but in the end and others agree, you will spend more time by the hotel pool as there's more going on by the hotel pool. the pirate ship has no where for adults or kids to swim and its all ankle height water. however, the ship is a good idea and a nice change.

there is a brilliant kids play park by the pirate ship which is not really advertised. this is only open when the kids club is open ie. 10am 1pm and 4-6pm I think, but it is fantastic for kids. the hotel play parks are rubbish and in dire need of updating.

the beach is a short 5 minute walk down a steep hill, but shower and toilets nearby and the beach/water is great. you have to pay for beds and brollies so take your towels.

The restaurant is nice and big with lots of choice. the menu is different everyday. don't expect anything great because remember this is a 3* hotel. Chinese night, fish night, Mexican night, etc. lets just say that all meals have something for everyone......except those darn puddings as with all hotels. Puddings were a real let down....stodgy cakes, blumonge, custards, etc

Entertainment for all ages. Small kids club, big kids club and teenage kids club. Mini disco on a night and then something for the adults in the evening/late evening. games all day and the staff do an excellent job.

Here' a summary of everything below:-

Hotel - 5* because it has everything you need - washer/dryer, Wi-Fi (reception only 10e for 24hrs in total and not from when you log on)

Location - 3* but there again you know this when you book. there is a free bus on everyday to Santa Eulaia at 10am. we hired a car from a local lady down by the cala blanca. do not use the hotel car hire when others are cheaper. all prices quited are what you pay where as hotel charge extra for insurance. all car hire have a return petrol on what you got it on and not empty or full!

Staff - 5* because they are all excellent.

Bedroom - 4* because the pillows were dire and the tv should be a small flat screen these days and not an old portable tv.

Restaurant - 4* because the puddings are not up to standard and stodgy to fill you up. If you go to reception, they will give you a voucher for a pic-nic the next day if you require one free of charge.

Bar - 5* because most things are free and even get branded stuff free if you ask for it!

Pool - 5* because there's two, there's a life guard, there entertainment and YOU CAN use inflatables!

Pirate ship - 4* because there's no where to swim, the water is freezing cold, but there are toilets and a bar and plenty of beds - maybe not in peak time though!!!

Entertainment - 4.5* because there's clubs for all aged kids (3+ up), the staff do a great job and even the adult entertainment is good. The entertainment area is far too near the pool though so I spent most of my time holding my breath that my boy or another child didn't fall in the pool you're that close with no barrier.

To some up...14 days is too much and 7 -10 is about right. I would go back, but for 7-10 days and at the right price. I will use a taxi next time as this is only 50e and transfer is too long, tiring and hot if you have kids. my parents had a 2.5hr transfer going home!! Oh! you can use the shower and toilet room behind reception if youre leaving after 12pm which is fantastic.

message me if you have ANY questions!

7  Thank Al_n_Vic
Reviewed 1 July 2013

great hotel freindly staff very clean and lots of activities cant ask for much more really food was good local area really nice a bit tucked away but only a bus away from local towns and or nightclubs ect i would return here happily and highly reccomend it

Room Tip: cala blanca and cala verde are on same resort when booking through a travel agent try to get call bl...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank remymartinLondon
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday at Cala Verde hotel Ibiza.This was our first time in Ibiza and what a fantastic holiday it was.The hotel was spotlessly clean and the hotel staff from cleaners,bar staff,animation team,restuarant staff and reception staff do a fantastic job.The food was excellent,we are fussy eaters,but found something different to eat most nights,breakfast was also excellent,with freshly baked coissants and french stick bread,as well as british pork sausages,booked the speciality restuarant at the Cala Blanca one night,wouldnt bother same food but less choice,eat at the Cala Blanca for lunch one day which you have to book at the Cala Verde more choice of food but a lot bussier.Drink,there was three choices of draught beer to choose from as well as twenty liquers and branded spirits,which you had to ask for as part of your all inclusive.We had a second floor room with a sea view which is worth paying extra for ,as the views over the beach and bay are fantastic,the beach is very clean,but 14 euros for two sunbeds and a parasol is a bit of a rip off,the adults only pool at the Cala Blanca is worth a visit if you want some peace and quiet,no problem getting sunbeds,but we went at beginning of June.All in all a fabulous hotel well worth more than the three stars it is given.The one thing i dont understand is if you are staying at the Cala Verde you will be dropped at the Cala Blanca and then golf buggied up to the Cala Verde on arrival,we travelled with first choice/thomsons.While there,it was both our birthdays and anniversary which our travel agent had already phoned and informed them of,i also e-mailed them as well but despite this it was not acknowledged until i mentioned it to the manager,they had already missed my wifes birthday and our anniversary,but fair due when we got back to our room,there was two bottles of champagne in an ice bucket,as well as two packets of malteesers,thanks,i could go on,but this was a brilliant relaxing holiday and would definately recommend this hotel even though there is a lot of steps to climb

Room Tip: book top floor sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ian b
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just back from a week at the Club Cala Verde with our 4 year old and we all got a break. She couldn't wait to get to the kids club twice a day (10 - 1 & 4 - 6) where they were very well looked after with lots of age appropriate activities, face painting, trip to pirate island, trip to the beach, magic show and other crafts to keep them busy. We got to have a break from her and then all got to spend meal times together with enough time for some swimming with her in-between. The management have hired some great staff from Toni and Manuello in the bar to the restaurant manager who magically produces sweets at 9pm to keep little ones happy. I can imagine it gets busy in the summer but it appears to be a very slick operation, always spotlessly clean and nothing seems to trouble the staff. There are a lot of steps from Cala Verde down to the beach or Cala Blanca if you fancy eating at the other restaurant or just using the other pools, but they work off the food and free flowing drinks. Draft wine at lunch & dinner, that's a first for me!! The beach is a small sandy bay with pretty clear water, can imagine its packed in the summer but still very scenic. There are 2 gyms on the site, one is very dated with half the machines not working and the other is pretty basic but with views across the bay.

1  Thank doris74