“A whisker away from Excellent!”

Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde
Gloucestershire, UK
“A whisker away from Excellent!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Actually feel a bit sad not given this review Excellent - but let me make it very clear from the start, we don't want any more people going to Invisa Cala Verde as we will definitely be considering again next year!!

Booked with Thompson from Bristol.
Flights were very efficient and online check in made things very smooth indeed. Flight crew very helpful and friendly. 24 July - 7 August

Arrival (Airport)
Was a bit disappointed that three of the four bus drivers just shrugged their shoulders at me when trying to work out which Thompson bus we were booked on. However, eventually sorted.

Transfer
We we pretty lucky. Only two quick drop offs at playa d'en bossa (10 minutes away) and then all other travellers were heading to Es Figueral. Took about 30/40 minutes all in.

Arrival (Hotel)
All on the bus were dropped off at Invisa Cala Blanca Reception. Heart was in mouth when told I had no booking, but they rang the other Hotel and confirmed we were dropped off at the wrong reception. Three families waited 10 minutes and Staff transferred us all to Invisa Cala Verde. This process could have been clearer and drop off at the right place would have been nice.

Now about the Hotel.
Arrival:
Having seen the Cala Blanca reception and location, we were personally very pleased with Cala Verde - set higher on the cliff and felt less busy. Both sister hotels have lovely, well maintained grounds and very clean.
Our check in was swift, very friendly and we were made to feel welcome. The staff were sorry that we had been dropped off at Blanca but to be fair that I feel was a Thompson issue not the Hotel.
Room:
Our room was in the main block, 3rd floor (above reception and the restaurant). This was absolutely perfect to get to and from the pool, bar, meal times etc. We had a a great view of the mountains, sea and beach and the sun stayed on our balcony late on in the evening.
Acknowledging other reviews, there are many stairs and slopes to the beach and to other apartment blocks in the resort. A certain level of health and fitness is required, however, the views and quality of this hotel make it worth while.
Our room was basic but very clean and the cleaner on our floor was very attentive and considerate - she even asked my 7 year old daughter if she wanted some beach toys and ball that departed guests had left behind.
Personally, sleep quality could have been better. The beds are very hard and pillows very thin. However, I know other guests asked for extra and they were given. The rooms have black out blinds, but the bright stream of light under the door did affect my sleep.
Shower very good.
Towels changed as required
Hairdryer provided, but did take wife/daughter a bit of time to dry their hair.
Restaurant:
Very very impressed. For a three star, the food quality, choice, variation and efforts by the staff to keep the place clean and tidy was exceptional.
Pool:
Baby dipping pool, toddler pool and main pool that gets to 1.8m. Life guard, plenty of sun beds, cleaned and checked regularly. Kids are allowed small balls, snorkels etc, but no big inflatables - which pleased us!
Pirate island is a great place for the kids. We went 4 times. Only 10 minutes walk between Cala Blanca and Verde. Hold your shorts and bikinis!
Animation Team:
These guys an gals work their socks off and those encountered were simply dedicated to their jobs to make you have fun and your kids to feel safe. I am very stand off with this sort of thing, but even I got involved; I assure you this takes a lot. They are up very early, always acknowledge you, talk to the children and genuinely show an interest in you. Won't name particular ones individually but thank you - your efforts were appreciated by me, my family and the families we made friends with.
Location:
Yes, remote and as a fidget I could have done with more placed to walk to. But actually, I needed to relax and this was achieved! The hotel put on a regular free bus, their is a ferry boat to Ibiza on the beach and taxi's are very efficient.

Summary:
PROS
YES we would go back.
Food - excellent
Decent choice of drinks
Views beautiful
Hippy Market well worth a visit.
Animation team superb.
All staff but one encountered fantastic and worked their socks off. (Won't name the individual, but witnessed on 4 occasions very poor attitude towards customers and even discussed with other guests who had encountered the same problem).
Felt 100% that my daughter was safe and even saw an animation team member identify a child who looked lost and she stayed with him keeping him reassured and helped find his family.
Lovely beaches, clear water, reasonable costs to higher paddle boards and kayaks.
Cons:
Sleep quality for me.
Sometimes a little over use of the microphone around the pool when activities were on. Didn't push you to join in, but then, at times, gave a running commentary of what was going on - not necessary.
Horrid pre mixed cocktails!
For some, steps may be an issue (but reception will help you leave your buggies with them)
Remote location for those who like more activity.

And finally, nothing the hotel can really do anything about, but other people/cultures attitude towards etiquette, spacial awareness, eating habits queues etc

I'm more than happy to help answer questions if you want to contact me.

Room Tip: With a baby/young child where a push chair is required, it may well be worth requesting the main blo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank trollhunter
Invisa-Hot, Gerente at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for booking with us. We want to apologize for the inconvenients you have found in our Resort. But aslo thank you for the nice and kind words with which you have described our Resort! We hope you will staya gaina t our hotel in your next holiday and we also invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
Southampton
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just returned from Cala Verde after a really lovely week in Ibiza. It was our first holiday abroad with our 3 year old granddaughter and our daughter and son in law. We were a little apprehensive as usually we cruise or go to adults only hotels. But everything was wonderful and our fears were unfounded. After a quick flight from Bournemouth we arrived in time for lunch. I had emailed the hotel for adjoining rooms and if possible with a sea view. They provided both! The rooms were very clean but a little basic. However after changing the very hard pillows we had everything we needed. The location of the hotel is spectacular, overlooking a beautiful bay of blue, blue sea.
We ate on the terrace as often as we could as the view was so wonderful. The food was varied and plentiful with lots to chose from even for picky eaters. Staff cleaned constantly and replaced the food continually. We enjoyed the steak, salmon and joints of beef/pork. The puds were great especially the colourful jellies and my granddaughter loved the chocolate ice cream with warm chocolate sauce.
We loved the beach and enjoyed swimming in the sea. My granddaughter loved the pools playing with her little friends. She also loved the children's disco especially the hippo and penguin songs. She did not go to the children's club but enjoyed the company of the animation team at the evening entertainment. We also enjoyed the entertainment especially the guest entertainers who were very professional.
A great holiday and a big thank you to all at Cala Verde!

Room Tip: Email hotel with request.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dillon J
Dear Dillon,

Thank you for booking with us. We are glad to know that you liked our Resort and that you have enjoyed it with your family! We hope that you will visit us soon again. We also invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the Invisa Cala Verde on the 13july -23rd July with our family of 4, children 2yrs 6mths and 6yr old. I can not speak more highly of this hotel and its staff!

This hotel is in a beautiful location. It is around 40minute drive from the busy Ibiza night life, and there isn't any other hotels overlooking it. The sister hotel the Cala Blanca is about 10min walk across the beach or down the road. The Cala Verde is set right on the beach, there are a set of stair leading down to the beach, which is lovely and clean with soft sand.

*The hotel it's self has a lot of steps so not really suited for people with walking difficulties, but we took a buggy and left it by reception( which is next to pool area) during the day and left it there till our youngest fell asleep at night then carried him in his buggy to bed.

* Reception area nice, internet, telephones, information desks, but we didn't spend any time in there, the receptionists spoke fantastic English and always happy to help.

* The Restaurants - the main restaurant was super clean and the food was the highlight of the holiday for me! The food was fantastic and so fresh! They had a different theme every night, my personal favourite was the fish night, delicious fresh fish cooked in front of you! There was plenty of choice for our children, and they loved the desert table!!! Just down a few steps down from the main restaurant is an outside BBQ which was our favourite place to eat, and always easy to get a table and you can bring your food from main restaurant too. The park is directly behind this so you can relax have a drink after your meal while your children play in the park.
The BBQ restaurant is open from 11am -11pm!

* They advertise that you can eat at the Sister hotel Cala Blanca but we tried for a week to book a place and it was so busy we couldn't get it, however we did wonder over and have a look at there lunch and the restaurant was much busier and after hearing reports from staff the food looked to be much fresher and nicer in the Cala Verde. So we weren't too bothered we didn't eat there.

* There was a large selection of international brand alcohol, and the sparkling wine was very nice!!! However the cocktails were terrible!!!! They had delicious chocolate milk for the children and a great selection of teas and coffee!

* Therebs a great selection of ice creams for the children to choose from all day long and they could have as many as there belly desired!!

* The pool was slightly smaller than I expected but very clean and with 2 children's pools, they played music around the pool and had lots of activities going on if you wished to join in! The entertainers work so hard, but are not pushy! They were fantastic with the children and my hubby got involved in the darts and ping pong games!!

* The splash park is fantastic and my children loved it,the water is so shallow it came up to just below my knees and I'm 5ft 3! so we felt completely safe children playing in the water without us needing to be in it all the time! There is a small snack bar which served drinks, ice creams and yummy pizza and ham and cheese toasties during the day! We could always get a sun bed and umbrella. There is also a life guard present all the time. The Toilets are regularly cleaned with is a big thumbs up from me!!!
The only reason I don't give this hotel 5 stars is because the splash park is a 5min walk out the front of the hotel so if you want to pop back to your room it's a little bit of a pain in the boiling heat!!

* The evening entertainment was great fun, with a complete mix of professional shows and the entertainers! We enjoyed all of them and they had great audience participation most nights!
They had mini disco every night and even though half the songs were in Spanish or Italian my kids love it!

* This is a Multi National Hotel with a large volume of the guest Italian, Spanish, English and a few Duch! But we loved this and it also meant there weren't the stereo typical groups of Brits getting completely tanked up everywhere! This hotel is only a 3* but in out opinion should be 4* with fantastic, food, entertainment and location!! We have only ever stayed at 4* hotels all over Europe and further afield and this is by far the best family holiday we have ever had!!

Room Tip: If you have small children ask for a ground floor room, as the ground floor rooms are still up one f...
3 Thank sammypants83
Invisa-Hot, Propietario at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Summy,

Thank you very much for your comment and your appreciation. We hope that you enjoyed your holiday at our Resort a lot and that you will visit us again.

We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hotels.

Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks in May as we had a friend's wedding to attend. We usually go to Turkey as you can't fault the AI hotels there so I was a little bit hesitant about booking here initally. Especially as what we paid for the cala verde for 2 weeks would have got us a 5star AI in Turkey.

However for a 3/4 star I was really impressed. We were initially booked to stay in the larger resort (blanca) but upon our arrival the room which we were allocated wasn't a sea view (which had been paid for) and the sea view from the second room was minimal. The staff on reception were great though and moved us to the cala verde resort which is a 5 minute walk away and WOW we certainly got a sea view. Third time lucky!

The rooms are spacious and spotless. Our view was actually stunning...such a beautiful part of the coastline. The mini bars aren't re-stocked though, even with just water.

The food was good for a buffet and they vary the menu often so even after 2 weeks it wasn't too repetitive. I'm not a big lover of buffet style AI but again considering it's 3/4 stars it was decent.

The entertainment was on the whole good with our 18 month year old loving the childrens show which was at 7:30pm each night.

The facilties are excellent for children but the gyms could do with some more mats and some free weights. Also bottled water should be more easily available.

The staff were lovely! They adored our baby who would say hola and gracias to anyone who walked within a foot of him! They were all friendly and couldn't do enough for you.

The drinks were premium spirits and the wine was actually quite nice!

I was glad in the end that we stayed in the cala verde as although the restaurant is smaller, we never had any problems getting in there. On the one occasion we went down to blanca to eat, we had to wait for over 30mins just to get a table.

The wi-fi is expensive and isn't the best; you can't access it in your room.

Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend it to families with children. Those with babies might struggle with all the steps though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank njdj1210
Dear Sir/ Madame,

Thank you very much for your opinion and your kind words. We are glad to know that we didn't disappoint you. We hope you will visit us again. We invite you to follow us on our Facebook page: Invisa Hoteles.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We are due to go to cala verde/blanca next week. Does anyone have any information on activities at the hotels-times/types of activities? Do the rooms have hair dryers? And are their cash machines near the hotel?? Thank you in advance for your help.

Stayed July 2014
17 Thank Suzanne1404
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We are actually thinking of going again next year, so I was going to write a bad review to put people off so we can get in next year! But I can't do it, the hotel and facilities are fantastic, the food, staff, rooms are all excellent. Our kids loved the Pirate Ship and the swimming pools, I just can't recommend this place highly enough, it's just perfect for a family holiday.

8 Thank EvieandGracesDad
Invisa-Hot, Propietario at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you very much for your appreciation and for recommending us.

We look forward to see you again in our Invsa Hoteles and we hope you will enjoy it even more.

Kind Regards
Cumbria
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have just come back from a week at this hotel, and I really wish we could have stayed longer. The staff were friendly & helpful. The hotel was always clean and when our friends air conditioning stopped working, it was fixed that afternoon. We were on holiday with 3 other families, who between us have children from 21 months to 13 years. The kids loved the pools, and the beach is fabulous. The private island water park was a favourite too.
You're a little way out, location wise, but there is a bus connection, and the hotel also runs a free bus service to some local points (book early to avoid missing a place).
The food was plentiful and fresh. Some of the rooms are accessed via lots of steps or a steep road and access to the beech from this side of the resort is via a steep road. It's not the most accessible for buggies.
The animation team work hard, and do a Sangria demonstration which should not be missed.
We would definately go again.

4 Thank MrsACumbria
Invisa-Hot, Propietario at Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for booking with us!

We wait for you next year in our Invisa Hoteles.

Kind Regards,
#3 of 99 in Sant Antoni de Portmany
Invisa Hotel Ereso
Invisa Hotel Ereso
#1 of 13 in Es Canar

Been to Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde? Share your experiences!