“Health and wellbeing in Ibiza with 38 Degrees North”
Review of 38 Degrees North

38 Degrees North
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Health and wellbeing in Ibiza with 38 Degrees North”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

'Ibiza for a health and well-being break - really are you sure?!' Well, that was my initial reaction when I first came across the retreat details. I never thought of Ibiza as a tranquil destination or somewhere I could go to focus on health! How wrong was I! The seven day 'Flexible Fitness' programme with 38 Degrees North delivered everything I needed and kick started my journey to feeling healthier and fitter!
Kelly and James (owners of 38 Degrees North) are passionate about what they do and have a highly qualified Team working with them to get you on track to being healthy and fit. They are well organised and knowledgeable so I was relaxed as I trusted that I was in very good hands.
They are based in the Hotel Aguas de Ibiza which is just beautiful. I stayed in a lovely room overlooking the Marina and it's worth mentioning that the Hotel's team, right from Reception to Management, looked after me really well which as a solo woman traveller was such a big plus.
From my initial wellness consultation with Kelly, to the guided Coastal walk with James to the one to one classes (Kick Boxing with Faye an Yoga with Ayda - brilliant ladies), and the superb massages and spa treatments, they got the balance of exercise and relaxation that I needed spot on.
Thank you Kelly, James and Team for helping me to 'reset my coordinates' as their moto goes. I wasn't sure what to expect but I came away glowing and feeling healthier. Highly recommended!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SW45

“Excellent fitness retreat”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Despite problems with the practicalities (the hotel was closed during our stay, so we were put up in an inferior but very close by one), this was an incredibly rewarding, challenging, enjoyable and successful holiday.

The team were all very friendly, and ensured our days were as full as we wanted with as much interesting and varied exercise as we wanted.

We were particularly impressed by how they added more exercise when they discovered that we were rather keen to do more.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sublime”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Kelly & James of 38 degrees north are a great team working to give you a well organised and really enjoyable time. Fantastic range of classes and the best advice. The personal trainers were all of the highest calibre. The variety of itineraries offered is excellent. Agua de Ibiza is an incredible hotel and food, service and rooms are all really good. Do not hesitate to use 38 degrees north to organise your trip.

Visited June 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing fitness and detox in Ibiza”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Super talented fitness team and English too. They are so helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about all kinds of health and wellness. They work you HARD! The Aqua spinning is amazing and they make homemade juices too for the detox.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank IsabelOConnor
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Arrived Heavy and Weary - Left Lighter and Cheery!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I arrived at Hotel Aguas de Ibiza feeling very tired and weary and sluggish. I met James on the afternoon I arrived and I got weighed and we chatted about my diet and excercise routine before setting out on a lovely coastline walk where he pointed out the local town and general amenities.
As part of my package that day I also had a deep tissue massage which was just what I needed - the Spa is absolutely amazing - a number of different pools and the Feng Shui pool has lots of fabulous jets to ease sore muscles.
I had one to one sessions on TRX, Powerplate, Latino Dancing, Beach Circuit all of which I had never done before so the challenge and workout was very rejuvanating. Other classes are also available which I dipped into. I felt I had acomplished something for my day which was not work related. In between works outs and classes I relaxed by the pool in the glorious sunshine and ate from the menu that James and Kelly compiled especially for those participating in their programme.
All of my instructors genuinely wanted me to get the best from their workout and pushed me to my limit which of course one needs. Kelly took extra time out for me and was responsible for me running my first 2KM ever without stopping!
I loved every aspect of this experience - I could fault nothing which is unusual for me! The hotel was superb and 38 Degrees exceeded my expectations - a perfect combination for a perfect fitness holiday. Kelly has since followed up and given me a weight programme - strap line of "Reset your Co-ordinates" has really worked for me - I have kick started a new fitness regime and brought a new awareness into my eating habits ... jellies and magnums no more!!
I will be back!