“Lux, SUP & Soul” 5 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lux, SUP & Soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I spent three days in Ibiza with 38 Degree’s North on the Lux SUP & Soul retreat and cannot recommend it enough. It managed to be a 5 star luxury holiday at the same time as helping me to relax, firm up and lose weight all at the same time. The Hotel is amazing; I really wouldn’t change a thing. The Spa was the best and SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding for those who don’t know )is the BEST kind of exercise - it firms, tones and strengthens your core at the same time as offering the chance relax and achieve a perfect tan! Combined with yoga, circuits and massage it really was a wonderful break that offered me the chance to really relax and reassess life. I plan to return every year. Next time I will try the juice detox!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Naomi H

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Amazing way to reset your coordinates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I did the Optimal Fitness program and my husband the Optimal Weightloss program at 38 degrees and we stayed at the Aguas de Ibiza hotel. Note that James & Kelly manage the amazing spa at the hotel and organize the 38 degrees North from here as well, so it is all nicely in 1 location.
Initially I was a bit hesitant about doing 5-6 hours of sports a day, but because you are doing it in a group on lovely locations, time flies and you are so proud of yourself by the end of each day. We were a group of 5 all from different countries and got along really well. For me it worked well, as I sometimes felt like giving up when an exercise was really tough, but the group really pulls you through!
I liked the variety of sports as you focus on different areas of your body each time, and it makes you try different things from what you might do in the gym back home. The head trainer Faye really knows what she is doing and makes sure you focus on your posture when doing the exercises, so you really are working the right muscle groups and don’t get injured.
There are a number of group classes, such as morning run, circuit training, yoga, pilates, boxing and kickboxing as well as some “bigger” outings: a hike, mountain biking and paddle boarding.
Although the hike across the island was challenging, you really get to see a different side of Ibiza (it’s soooo beautiful) and the swim at the bay is a real treat! Kelly really took us to a beautiful site! I did need a massage desperately though the next day, as my legs were very tight from all the mountain climbing. The mountain biking was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the little facts that James threw in, so you learn a bit more about the island. The paddle boarding was great, but difficult as the water was quite choppy that day. I really trained my core there!
The classes are great and if you can, try to go outside. The studio is not very big and I really liked the feeling of being outdoors. Kickboxing outside is seriously cool!
As the program also includes the food, I was really surprised with the great quality of the food. Very tasty and the portions are very generous! The menu caters to different tastes, but you may find that you will order the same dish a few times as it is just so nice. (The goat cheese salad is really really good!)
The spa at the hotel is of high quality and very spacious and the massages are really good.
Our results after a week: we did not (yet) lose weight, but we did lose a lot of fat and centimeters and replaced it by muscle, so we look a lot more toned. And: It has really kickstarted us into an exercising regime now that we are back home, which is one of the main reasons we wanted to do this.
Faye, Kelly and James, keep up the good work! We had a brilliant time!

1 Thank Wien81
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This holiday had everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My experience with 38 Degrees North was exceptional!

Firstly, Kelly, James and Faye could not have done more for us. The fitness activities really pushed me in terms of fitness and they were always on hand to help with anything we needed during the week.

We did a range of activities from boxing training, aqua spin, circuit training to hiking, biking and paddle boarding (which was my favourite!) They really spent time getting to know the group as well and took us to some amazing places with breathtaking views.

As for the hotel and spa - what a place! The attention to detail was fabulous from the decor of the rooms, the staff, who could not be more helpful, the amazing food (as well as buffet breakfast, you could have pretty much anything you wanted made to order, including the best lattes I have ever had). Great selection of wines and delicious cocktails.

The pool areas were really relaxing with day beds and endless suppply of clean towels.

My favourite area was the rooftop pool and bar, with stunning views over the marina, amazing sofas and beds to chill out on, day or night. There was no fighting for a sun bed and waiters came round to take your drink orders as often as you wanted.

The spa area was also fabulous, with so much to chose from in terms of pools to relax in, rainforset showers and refreshments to chose from. The range of treatments were extensive. They were a little pricey but you certainly get what you pay for.

The town itself is really pretty, lots of places to eat and drink and chill out. Babylon Beach bar was my favourite place, with amazing views, cocktails, music and food.

To sum up, this was one of my best holidays ever and cant wait to go back.

1 Thank Anna S
uk
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

A big thank you to Richard, Kelly and Aydha. I lost weight, feel good! They are all kind, helpful, knowledgeable and good motivators. I'll be back to see you in Ibiza next time I need some help.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Detoxing in Ibiza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I spent one week in lovely Ibiza detoxing and avoiding all the temptations in Santa Eulalia.
Kelly and the team are friendly and very helpful. The juices are very tasty and make you feel great. The hotel is really great, feng shui inspired, spa is amazing - 3 saunas, 3 pools, fully equiped gym. Ibiza is lovely and there are good walking paths nearby.
If you decide to do the full detox it is going to be tough, but having the team of 38" North on your side is going to make achievable.
It is great place but still the best thing about it is people. You will be hard pressed to find more professional, dedicated and enthusiastic people to help you achieve your fitness goals.

Visited August 2013