“There will never be a negative review for this lot - EVER !!”
Review of 38 Degrees North

38 Degrees North
More attraction details
Owner description: 38ºN gives you the space, time and experience to reset your body and mind. You’ll leave us leaner, lighter and most importantly, confident and empowered to sustain your new healthy lifestyle. 38ºN were the first to bring the luxury fitness holidays and wellbeing retreat concept to the beautiful White Isle. Five years on, we’ve gone from strength to strength with numerous national press accolades and happy client testimonials under our belt. Why? Because our approach is real, authentic and balanced. We provide a holistic mind and body toolkit, that takes into consideration life’s time constraints and stresses. We are based in luxury hotels in Ibiza and Marbella. We also host a retreat at the 4* Sol Beach House in Ibiza to ensure our fitness retreats are accessible to all. When you choose a 38ºN fitness retreat, you’re not just getting world class training and educational workshops, but all the amenities and services of first class hotels.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have just been on the optimal fitness week with 38 Degrees North staying at the wonderful 5 star Aguas de Ibiza Hotel and Spa.

Now what can we say, well I can safely bet my mortgage that there will never ever be a single negative review about this lot on TripAdvisor, or if there is, then, in adapting the great words of Liam Neeson in the film Taken...
'"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want by giving a negative review. I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you remove your negative review, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you." ;-)

In all seriousness, this is perfect holiday for people traveling alone, or as a couple or small group of friends. We made the best friends and had a wonderful time.

If you are worried that everyone will be Olympic standard in terms of fitness, don't be, there were all levels, and everyone was looked after by James, Kelly and Faye no matter what their fitness levels were at the start. Even if it does get all too much, there is always the deep tissue massage available in the spa which we would highly recommend, though Gary will never be the same again after the lommi lommi massage.

The days just flew by, as we had running, cycling, hiking, circuits, boxing, stand-up paddle boarding, pilates and yoga, and not forget the power ballet class. The food was amazing, not only at the hotel, but also in the trips out to dine, arranged for us at Cafe Sydney (where an old man was made very happy) and Babylon Beach Bar. To have a wonderful bunch of people doing it with us was a bonus, we all bonded, normally over a very LARGE G&T in the evening.

To James and Kelly, what a wonderful idea and company you have, we are all envious. To our darling tiny little Faye, thank you for putting up with us. To the pilates and yoga teachers, well at least you did your best with us, but probably a lost cause, but still huge fun.

This was a holiday and an experience of a lifetime, thank you all, and we will see you again soon, maybe at the Scarlet.

Gary & Diana

6  Thank Gary F

Reviewed 17 December 2013

In just 4 days I experienced one of the best and most life changing experiences in luxurious and supportive environment. Kelly and team attended to every need and request I had and always brought the highest level of customer service and friendliness. In just 4 days I physically and visibly looked healthier and revitalised through a 3 day detox (actually really delicious and I surprisingly didn't feel hungry), a programme of fitness in a beautiful surrounding, access to one of the best spas I have seen, fantastic gym with all you could possibly need and a chance to talk with a life coach and plan how to reset my co-ordinates. Without a doubt I will be back.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I spent three days in Ibiza with 38 Degree’s North on the Lux SUP & Soul retreat and cannot recommend it enough. It managed to be a 5 star luxury holiday at the same time as helping me to relax, firm up and lose weight all at the same time. The Hotel is amazing; I really wouldn’t change a thing. The Spa was the best and SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding for those who don’t know )is the BEST kind of exercise - it firms, tones and strengthens your core at the same time as offering the chance relax and achieve a perfect tan! Combined with yoga, circuits and massage it really was a wonderful break that offered me the chance to really relax and reassess life. I plan to return every year. Next time I will try the juice detox!

1  Thank Naomi H
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I did the Optimal Fitness program and my husband the Optimal Weightloss program at 38 degrees and we stayed at the Aguas de Ibiza hotel. Note that James & Kelly manage the amazing spa at the hotel and organize the 38 degrees North from here as well, so it is all nicely in 1 location.
Initially I was a bit hesitant about doing 5-6 hours of sports a day, but because you are doing it in a group on lovely locations, time flies and you are so proud of yourself by the end of each day. We were a group of 5 all from different countries and got along really well. For me it worked well, as I sometimes felt like giving up when an exercise was really tough, but the group really pulls you through!
I liked the variety of sports as you focus on different areas of your body each time, and it makes you try different things from what you might do in the gym back home. The head trainer Faye really knows what she is doing and makes sure you focus on your posture when doing the exercises, so you really are working the right muscle groups and don’t get injured.
There are a number of group classes, such as morning run, circuit training, yoga, pilates, boxing and kickboxing as well as some “bigger” outings: a hike, mountain biking and paddle boarding.
Although the hike across the island was challenging, you really get to see a different side of Ibiza (it’s soooo beautiful) and the swim at the bay is a real treat! Kelly really took us to a beautiful site! I did need a massage desperately though the next day, as my legs were very tight from all the mountain climbing. The mountain biking was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the little facts that James threw in, so you learn a bit more about the island. The paddle boarding was great, but difficult as the water was quite choppy that day. I really trained my core there!
The classes are great and if you can, try to go outside. The studio is not very big and I really liked the feeling of being outdoors. Kickboxing outside is seriously cool!
As the program also includes the food, I was really surprised with the great quality of the food. Very tasty and the portions are very generous! The menu caters to different tastes, but you may find that you will order the same dish a few times as it is just so nice. (The goat cheese salad is really really good!)
The spa at the hotel is of high quality and very spacious and the massages are really good.
Our results after a week: we did not (yet) lose weight, but we did lose a lot of fat and centimeters and replaced it by muscle, so we look a lot more toned. And: It has really kickstarted us into an exercising regime now that we are back home, which is one of the main reasons we wanted to do this.
Faye, Kelly and James, keep up the good work! We had a brilliant time!

1  Thank Wien81
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My experience with 38 Degrees North was exceptional!

Firstly, Kelly, James and Faye could not have done more for us. The fitness activities really pushed me in terms of fitness and they were always on hand to help with anything we needed during the week.

We did a range of activities from boxing training, aqua spin, circuit training to hiking, biking and paddle boarding (which was my favourite!) They really spent time getting to know the group as well and took us to some amazing places with breathtaking views.

As for the hotel and spa - what a place! The attention to detail was fabulous from the decor of the rooms, the staff, who could not be more helpful, the amazing food (as well as buffet breakfast, you could have pretty much anything you wanted made to order, including the best lattes I have ever had). Great selection of wines and delicious cocktails.

The pool areas were really relaxing with day beds and endless suppply of clean towels.

My favourite area was the rooftop pool and bar, with stunning views over the marina, amazing sofas and beds to chill out on, day or night. There was no fighting for a sun bed and waiters came round to take your drink orders as often as you wanted.

The spa area was also fabulous, with so much to chose from in terms of pools to relax in, rainforset showers and refreshments to chose from. The range of treatments were extensive. They were a little pricey but you certainly get what you pay for.

The town itself is really pretty, lots of places to eat and drink and chill out. Babylon Beach bar was my favourite place, with amazing views, cocktails, music and food.

To sum up, this was one of my best holidays ever and cant wait to go back.

1  Thank Anna S