“Detox/fitness holiday”

Tilburg, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Detox/fitness holiday”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had a very good experience with this organisation.
Very professional, good guidance and lovely people in general.
I was there for a week doing a detox and different type of sports. The juices program was really good, I was not hungry the 6 days and feel really good after the program. The fitness program helped me really well to relax.
The hotel is amazing, everything very well arranged.
Thanks James & Kelly!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jasmijn1980

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience!! If Carlsberg did fitness holidays..... !”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just back from the Optimal Fitness week over Easter 2014 and I'm still on a high after the most amazing week. I can't speak highly enough about the surroundings, the set-up, the 38 Degrees North team and my fellow participants. I've done a couple of fitness holidays before, but this is definitely the best I've experienced. James, Kelly and Faye have the got the balance right with their professionalism, warmth, health/fitness knowledge and encouragement. Great mix of activities including a lot of classes outdoors and on the beach (great for those of us who spend the majority of our time back home in either the office or the gym). A few highlights: hiking down to a secluded bay for a refreshing swim; stand-up paddleboarding; killer circuit work-outs; and TRX in the woods beside the hotel.

If you are even half-thinking about this holiday, I would encourage you to go ahead and book it. You will have a fantastic time with interesting people and you'll come home envigorated, fitter and a few pounds lighter.

I can't wait to return and I'm highly envious of those who are booked in to do the retreat over the rest of the year.

James, Kelly and Faye, thanks so much for hosting the most wonderful retreat. Please, please plan something over the winter season!

Síona

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing week!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was truly an incredible experience and way exceeded my expectations! I spent the week at the 5* Aquas de Ibiza and the whole experience was amazing - the 38 deg north team is great at providing a personalised experience for each person and adapting to every need - I was concerned it could be too easy, just people trying to lose weight/get started, but I felt challenged and pushed to the next level despite already being at a good fitness level.
Really enjoyed the variety of sports and experiences as well as the yoga. pilates, banter and fun along the way..and bonded with Gary and the rest of the group over a few G&T's before dinner! It's a great thing to do alone, leave the world behind for a week and immerse yourself in a bubble of sunshine! Truly life-changing!
Kelly, James and Faye are amazing and I wouldn't change a thing. I wil be back! Anthoula

1 Thank Anthoula M
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“There will never be a negative review for this lot - EVER !!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have just been on the optimal fitness week with 38 Degrees North staying at the wonderful 5 star Aguas de Ibiza Hotel and Spa.

Now what can we say, well I can safely bet my mortgage that there will never ever be a single negative review about this lot on TripAdvisor, or if there is, then, in adapting the great words of Liam Neeson in the film Taken...
'"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want by giving a negative review. I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you remove your negative review, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you." ;-)

In all seriousness, this is perfect holiday for people traveling alone, or as a couple or small group of friends. We made the best friends and had a wonderful time.

If you are worried that everyone will be Olympic standard in terms of fitness, don't be, there were all levels, and everyone was looked after by James, Kelly and Faye no matter what their fitness levels were at the start. Even if it does get all too much, there is always the deep tissue massage available in the spa which we would highly recommend, though Gary will never be the same again after the lommi lommi massage.

The days just flew by, as we had running, cycling, hiking, circuits, boxing, stand-up paddle boarding, pilates and yoga, and not forget the power ballet class. The food was amazing, not only at the hotel, but also in the trips out to dine, arranged for us at Cafe Sydney (where an old man was made very happy) and Babylon Beach Bar. To have a wonderful bunch of people doing it with us was a bonus, we all bonded, normally over a very LARGE G&T in the evening.

To James and Kelly, what a wonderful idea and company you have, we are all envious. To our darling tiny little Faye, thank you for putting up with us. To the pilates and yoga teachers, well at least you did your best with us, but probably a lost cause, but still huge fun.

This was a holiday and an experience of a lifetime, thank you all, and we will see you again soon, maybe at the Scarlet.

Gary & Diana

6 Thank Gary F
London, United Kingdom
“Life Changing”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

In just 4 days I experienced one of the best and most life changing experiences in luxurious and supportive environment. Kelly and team attended to every need and request I had and always brought the highest level of customer service and friendliness. In just 4 days I physically and visibly looked healthier and revitalised through a 3 day detox (actually really delicious and I surprisingly didn't feel hungry), a programme of fitness in a beautiful surrounding, access to one of the best spas I have seen, fantastic gym with all you could possibly need and a chance to talk with a life coach and plan how to reset my co-ordinates. Without a doubt I will be back.

Visited October 2013