“What an amazing place!”

Agroturismo Atzaro
Stockholm, Sweden
“What an amazing place!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We got a recommendation from someone knowing a lot about the island: "This place [Atzaro] is the best one to stay on the whole of Ibiza!" Since I and my fiancee wanted a special place to celebrate our engagement we decided to give it a try though a bit puzzled. Given our previous experiences staying at some other very nice facilities we wondered what kind of a place this could be. Was the recommendation correct? In our opion definitely yes!

I is actually difficult to compare Atzaro with anything else. It is just such a special place: Luxury in the most sofisticated sense with a perfect country side location, wonderful art, beautiful gardens, lovely exclusive accommodation, charming small scale hotel facilities, exquisit outdoor fine dining (with excellent food and a wide selection of wine and champagne), very nice high quality spa and a super relaxing tranquil residents only area. To this comes a very friendly and also very service minded staff.

I and my financee are keeping the sweet memory of our engagement at this amazing place...

Than you Atzaro.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Athoshof

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We booked 3 nights with our amex, when we arrived at the premises, we had to wait about 15 minutes for the only staff on duty at 3 pm to finish a phone call with an unhappy client that had to pay 5 nights he did not use due to the incredible cancellation policy. We finally got to the room after carrying my self all the luggage from the parking lot. The room was not clean, the toilette apparently just used, the safe brooken.. So we waited around the swimming pool witch was quite nice. During the first night, my wife was hearing strange noises, in the morning I find out a pack of cookie obviously eaten by mouses, The duty manager argued that it was an hotel in the country side and that it was part of the normal life around here, he did not want to refund any of the nights back to us. We had to leave and find a more friendly and clean hotel.

Room Tip: Find an other hotel or go directly to a zoo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Paul M
Ibiza Town, Spain
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Outside dining in romantic settings. Great wine selection and always fantastic food. There might be a organic edge to the place as they appear to grow a lot of vegetables.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Essex
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Whilst in Ibiza, my partner and I decided to book a spa day at Atzaro. Our day included a joint massage and lunch plus full use of facilities.

When we arrived at the hotel we were blown away by the grounds - simply stunning! It has a very boutique feel but on a grand scale. It's very peaceful and zen with lots of calming buddha's dotted around!

The spa was amazing, huge double lounge beds and lots of secluded areas to chill out in. The spa pool was also bliss! We had a joint massage which was one of the best I have ever head, we felt completely relaxed afterwards and it done us the world of good!

The only slight let down was that our included lunch wasn't very good but as it was included we wasnt expecting to be blown away by it. We treated ourselves to a cocktail which came up huge and was gorgeous.

This place is just luxury!

We loved it so much we have decided it's going to be our wedding venue and I can't wait to go back with my friends and family in 2013!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissloveIbiza
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stay at Atzaro 3 nights, the hotel and atmosphere was excellent, the balinaise style and decoration are superb, the only thing is the management totaly under the standing of the hotel. this is the only thing, but very important due to the hotel, must be change absolutly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank parisgoa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Atzaro came as a lucky escape and very last minute for myself and 2 friends for a chilled, but luxurious holiday in late August, 2011.

It is undeniably one of the most unique and stylish hotels I'd ever seen and every detail so refined with exquisite taste. I am not rating it as excellent because the staff does not match the atmosphere. I realize it's Spain, and being American, we do have higher standards, however, the management are doing a severe disservice to this stunning hotel if they don't sort it out soon.

We needed a spare bed in a double superior suit and it was like sleeping on wooden plank, and although we were paying an additional 80EUR for a third person, we asked several times for an improvement to the bed and after the 3rd night, (out of 5) management claimed to change the mattress, but it was no different. we were paying about 575EUR a night for one of us to feel as though they were sleeping on a hard floor.

My other issue was due to the fact that so many people were visiting Atzaro for the day or coming for dinner, yet guests were not treated any differently than a day visitor. It would become a bit busy at either pool with friends of employees and left us having to fend for ourselves for lounge chairs or "beds".

On day 6, I finally met THE Manager and I said it's nice to finally meet you and we really like it here. His response was, "We hate Atzaro throughout the summer", which was rather shocking. I love Spain and appreciate the cultural differences, but there was so much tension between other guests and the staff that it made it quite uncomfortable.

It is very special and rather beautiful, but they need a entire lesson in staffing and hospitality, but then again, they could probably survive on weddings, events and the spa, so perhaps this is why they are so cavalier toward actual hotel guests?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Valentina G
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I went with my wife to get married in Ibiza and stay at what looked to be a perfect choice atzaro.! After viewing the luxury hotel with it's many pools and chill out areas it was certain to be a great choice. They just forgot to tell us one maybe slightly important thing, at the same time a tv team and band plus singers and giant sound production team from Holland's got talent.(which by the way it hasn't trust me we listened to the horrible noise for 4 days and 4 nights.) would be sharing our honeymoon hotel.well when I say sharing I actually mean a complete take over to the point my wife and I were not able to use the main pool the chill out areas or any of the bars or sushi bar at night. Although we could have used it in the day , we decided it's not much of a chill out when having 5,000 watts of crap noise pumped through your ears.every night we tried to use the chill out area or bar just to have a night cap, we were rudely asked if we were staying in the hotel ( em yes only the most expensive room in the hotel paying a lovely 565euros per noisy and unrelaxing night)we were told every night that the areas were closed due to VIP events. If we had been told this prior to us booking and organizing our wedding that this giant and disruptive event would be taking place, we never would have stayed at atzaro.atzaro is not a hotel that cares about the customer or their views it's more of a venue than a hotel.! We made a complaint and were told something would be done once again Atzaro failed us . We paid full price for a very disruptive 4 nites spent in our room because we weren't aloud anywhere else. Sorry this is VIP area is what will stick in my head when I think of atzaro. I won't tell you about the food because all we had was sweaty Parma ham and over cooked horrible scrambled egg for our 5* hotel the breakfast could have been alot better, again this is probably due to the fact they had VIP to deal with not enough time or care for us average paying customers. 1 good thing and only one, the cleaners were great .thanks hope to never return . Rip off.

• Stayed September 2011
#6 of 9 in Port de Sant Miguel
Hacienda Na Xamena
Hacienda Na Xamena
#2 of 9 in Port de Sant Miguel

Been to Agroturismo Atzaro? Share your experiences!