“Great Spa, but dinner all gone Pete Tong..”
Review of Agroturismo Atzaro

and 1 more site!
Agroturismo Atzaro
London, United Kingdom
“Great Spa, but dinner all gone Pete Tong..”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We visited Atzaro from a nearby Agro hotel and immediately loved the place with its brilliant design and outdoor space, day beds etc - whats not to like !

Went back for the full day spa, and it was excellent - chilled out on the large day beds, great treament and good service.

Returned for dinner (thinking it would be equally good) in the main restaurant only to be severely disappointed. All staff wearing head mikes (whaatt and why?) which simply gave a robotic response as one would expect. Shown to our seats for an early dinner and deposited in a corner (as though there was a queue following - which there was not). Service poor from a waitress who pretty much got all of the service wrong - did not take a drink order, wine list but did not return to take wine order, meas turned up and deposited despite two of the party being away from the table of 3 .

Asked to take coffee in the area next door so we could see the entertainment, told curtly that this was a 'separate operation' and I would need to pay here - I asked him to bring the bill through and he refused, asking me to return back as he was busy (the place was 20% full) so he could settle up. I then went back having moved the family to the area, and I had to wait for the bill to be prepared whilst (in response to a head mike command !!) he went off and took some more food out.

The entertainment (acrobats) was excellent, sushi lounge is nice if poorly staffed so we had a drinnk and left.

What a great shame that the dinner was so poor - really lets the place down and I can see why so many guests of the hotel are out at other restaurants (we kept bumping into their celeb guests in local restaurants!)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank holmesdale1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I got married here in July! Atzaro has to be the most amazing place in Ibiza!
I would highly recommend the hotel as a wedding venue! The service we received from Kristina the events manager was top class, a true professional! The food was out of this world, from the canapés, to the wine to the main meal..... our guests were so overwhelmed of how delicious everything was! The waitresses and bar staff were lovely and very accommodating. The whole day went without a single hitch! We can't wait to go back to Atzaro, use the spa and have a lovely meal in the beautiful surroundings! It's a little heaven on earth!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Our second stay here and equally as good as the first time. Breakfast is outstanding and so much to choose from, including a hot meal made to order. Even better, it's served until 12noon!

The grounds are amazing. So many places to lie and chill or take a walk round.

Hotel is in middle of nowhere so car is essential, but this adds to it's charm.

My only grumble this year was not letting us drink our own water at the pool... if they are going to enforce that I'd like to see mobiles banned from the pool and spoilt noisy kids too.

Cape Town
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights at Atzaro and can only rave about this place! The outside of the hotel is so beautifully decorated, plenty of day beds, tons of trees and flowers, beautiful scents and lovely chill out music...we found it extremely relaxing...
The breakfast is very delicious and it is served until noon, which is great, too...we had late lunch on the day beds from the pool menu, which was also really good.
Unlike some other comments here about staff, we found the service always extremely friendly and helpful.
This week has been pure bliss for us and we would go back to Atzaro in a heartbeat...!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We spent the day at Atzaro at the Spa, we didn't stay here. The hotel itself is off the beaten track & very secluded, the hotel & grounds are amazing complete luxury with big beds everywhere, very stylish with chilled tunes playing everywhere. Its such a huge place we felt like we were the only ones there which was nice for a chilled day. The surroundings were amazing and couldn't have spent longer just chilling out there.
We arrived and had lunch. The menu was one of those where is sounds fancy on the menu but when it comes its standard! I had order a Nachos with shrimp strudle with a cheese sauce which was actually just nachos with prawns and metled cheese. Which was fine but the shrimp wasn't fresh which is a huge no no, in their favour I munched the nachos and left the shrimp and when I mentioned it they took it off the bill. The space is so huge the waiters were hard to come by, they were running round all over the shop!
The spa is a beautiful bit of Bali in Ibiza with lots of stone and dark carved woods. We had facials and massages which were both great treatments. I've had better overall spa experiences and it was expensive.
In the evening we stayed and went to the bar which again is beautful place and suprising busy given we hadn't seen anyone during the day. After my shrimp lunch I was reluctant to order from the sushi bar but given it is managed by Sushi Point we gave it a go and it was really good. The service was terrible, we waited for a long time for everything and it was hard to even find a server. There was live music in the evening from a spanish guitarist and a DJ was was brilliant and a great find (Wednesday nights) so we stayed for drinks and didn't leave until 1am, when it was impossible to get a cab. The hotel kept ordering us a taxi but other guests were walking down the hill and picking it up before it reached the hotel. We waited neary 40 mins.
Overall Atzaro is an amzing setting but unfortuntely the service doesn't match up - it was slow and wasn't the quality you would expect from a 5 Star hotel it was also incredibly expensive even by Ibiza standards which wouldn't be an issue if they delivered the goods. Until this place improves its service I wont be going back.

2 Thank Kt240185
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and I spent 4 very romantic, relaxing and wonderful days at Atzaro from 12 - 16 June 2012. I was captivated by the beautiful gardens and attention to detail. It really is like the garden of Eden in Ibiza, fragrant orange and olive trees, gorgeous and lush. We lazed on the day beds around the pool listening to very chilled beats, ate delicious sushi at the bar, enjoyed 2 treatments at the amazing spa and at truly delicious food using the freshest ingredients. Both breakfasts and dinners were fabulous. We were lucky enough to stay in a suite with our own swimming pool, it was wonderful. We will certainly be back, staff couldnt have been more helpful and friendly and all in all it was the trip of a lifetime. We will certainly be back! Thank you Atzaro!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Angie C
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We visited this stunning hotel for the afternoon and while my husband had a massage I sat by the pool , (it was full of little children making a total racket ) not the relaxing atmosphere I would have expected at a holistic hotel and I was so glad i was not staying there . I had a bottled of evian and then realised my husband had my purse in the spa so I apologised and said i would pay for it (5 euros) at the reception later as the pool was closing and pool manager declared he would not stay late for any-one and he did me a favour by getting me the water so I had to go and get the money NOW! I felt really upset by this and went to speak to reception to explain my situation and they said it was fine to pay later . However the pool guy followed me to the hotel shop and starting ranting at me again demanding the money and only when i got upset did he leave me alone . I went to see the reception again as I was really distressed at this aggression but the guy on reception was not really interested and carried on answering the phone . The spa manager was lovely and dealt with this very well , gave me some calming tea and assured me that the hotel manager would contact me to apologise , however I have been home from ibiza for a week and still have not heard from any-one there so I can only assume that they really don,t care about their clients and the whole "wholistic " approach they are trying to promote is purely for commercal reasons and without sincerity at all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
#6 of 9 in Port de Sant Miguel
Hacienda Na Xamena
Hacienda Na Xamena
#2 of 9 in Port de Sant Miguel

Been to Agroturismo Atzaro? Share your experiences!