We stayed here for a week recently and had a very nice room with sea view. We do not smoke. Unfortunately both our neighbouring guests were heavy smokers and enjoyed smoking on their balconies and in their rooms.
After a couple of days of being unable to sit out in clear air we approached the reception desk and asked where smoking was allowed in the hotel. We were told that smoking was not allowed in any of the rooms or on the balconies ! Explaining our dilemma the receptionists simply suggested that our neighbours probably didn't know we were around when they lit up ! They then offered us a change of room but we wanted to retain our view. It was then suggested that we have a quiet word with them ourselves. Only after I protested and asked if the hotel could actually inform our neighbours of their own rules was that agreed.
We don't know if this was ever done but the next day as we were again enveloped in smoke whilst sitting out I did politely inform our neighbours that smoking was not allowed on the balcony. She simply went into her room and continued puffing away. This continued throughout our stay.
This is a nice hotel and otherwise we really enjoyed our stay. Whilst we accept that we are likely to encounter smokers in bars etc. in Mediterranean resorts we don't wish to have it as an almost constant smell whilst sitting on our hotel balcony.
I would guess if you are a smoker it is a dream come true as there was no desire on the part of the hotel to reinforce any no-smoking rules. It was clear that the full ashtrays left on both adjacent balconies were quite acceptable to the hotel and they seemed to have been emptied by the maids and then replaced on the table. A quick check of other balconies revealed ashtrays on some tables on all floors.
If you are a non-smoker who enjoys sitting out on your balcony I'd recommend looking elsewhere as this hotel seems content to allow guests to smoke in their rooms and on their balconies. Perhaps the hotel should advertise as a smokers hotel to make this clearer to non-smokers ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the sea and 800 m away from the beach. Rooms and Suites: Heating/ air-conditioning. Satellite TV. Minibar. Terrace. Suites have in addition living room. Spa & wellness center. Sport & Leisure: Swimming pool, children's pool. Table tennis. Billiard. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace and snack service. Services: Luggage storage. Swimming pool towels. Rental of bathrobes. Shop with handicrafts products. Medical service. Foreign exchange. Car rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grupotel Santa Eularia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Grupotel Santa Eularia
- Grupotel Santa Eulalia
- Grupotel Santa Eularia Hotel Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio