Lovely modern hotel with great facilities and in a good location. Beach is only a 5 minute walk through the hotel grounds and over a small pedestrian bridge. We stayed in May 2012 so were in the hotel before the season started in full. The hotel was 80% full. Our room, a junior suite, was very clean, well appointed with a very large balcony. Room was very comfortable - bathroom spacious and well designed. Selection of stations on TV limited as is often the case but otherwise no complaints in the room.
Food in the main restaurant was disappointing; there was a good selection but no food labels were provided until several days into the holiday, and then rather sporadically. As a result, some of the food presented was a bit of mystery and led to amusing scenes as staff tried to explain some of the dishes - a very helpful staff member tried to portray a 'large animal with big horns' (venison). The staff were excellent, but the food was often cool, and on some occasions, undercooked (chicken on one day, sausages on another). Breakfast was better - plenty of fresh fruit and hot dishes to choose from. The poolside bar and brasserie 'Tanit" was good, with good quality freshly made food available and a wide selection of drinks.
The holiday was spoiled somewhat by the arrival of two corporate groups from the UK - groups of around 20 or so and they dominated the pool, buffet and poolside area. Tourist hotels should know by now that large corporate groups don't tend to work well with a hotel accommodating primarily couples or small families. The hotel didn't manage this well - there were insufficient numbers of loungers around the pool and it was several days before additional seating was brought out.
We liked Santa Eulalia and walked into the town and ate there in the evenings instead of the hotel. we liked Ibiza a great deal but when we return would probably seek an alternative hotel.
The hotel is well designed and comfortable and staff were consistently excellent. It was let down by a sub standard buffet and a failure to manage more effectively the sometimes contrasting needs of corporate and personal guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa enjoys a privileged setting in Ibiza’s most prestigious touristic area. Ideal getaway for those who are looking for peace and quiet. Luxury cuisine at the Fenicia Buffet Restaurant and 3 à la carte restaurants: Gourmet Restaurant La Vinoteca, Monsoon Oriental Restaurant, Tanit Bistro & Bar. Exclusive bars and lounges: Tanit Pool Bar and Ibosim Bistro & Bar. Magnificient outdoor pool with a dynamic area. Fabulous 1200m² Prestige Spa. Fitness centre +16.Conference rooms. Spacious terraces and lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Thalasso Hotel
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio