The hotel is very nice and received an upgrade from a standard room to a suite with jacuzzi, which is obviously a very nice start.
- nobody took our bags when we arrived (neither from the car nor to our room)
- the jacuzzi is cold when you arrive. You need to call a technician who dismantles the jacuzzi to fill in hot water. Whole procedure took an hour from when I called reception until we could finally use it
- there is no tea or coffee making facility in the room. While I usually don't bother, I unfortunately had a bronchitis and needed to drink a lot of tea. The initial suggestion from reception was to ask room service for hot water and tea bags. Doing so resulted in a pot of tea at a charge of about 4€ plus 8€ delivery charge, i.e. 12€ for hot water and a couple of tea bags. I had to complain 5 times, including at check out and had to ask the receptionist to talk to the manager if I could not get a water heater because I was ill and needed to drink a lot of tea. Not so nice. Would have thought a receptionist had a bit more flexibility and wouldn't have to wait until the next day until the manager is in to check if she can take off 12€ from my room bill and send me a water heater... (btw, it worked the following day)
- there are a lot of families with small children in the hotel. That means it is not very relaxing and there are always children around (with the relating noise level)... I don't have anything against kids, but you should be aware...
- lunch at the pool restaurant took ages. After 15 minutes, still nobody came to give us a menu. So I got up to get it myself. A further 15 minutes later, somebody came to take our drinks order. I asked 3 times for someone to take our food order and were told every time that the waiter would be with us shortly. Another 10 minutes later the waiter arrived after I got up to ask him to stop by our table, i.e. about 40 minutes after sitting down at the table, we were finally able to place our order... unbelievable! Cleary not enough staff and not well trained. Also the other guests at surrounding tables didn't seem too impressed by the service quality. Food was nice though
The biggest no go was at check out. I had to ask again that the ridiculous charge for the tea is taken off the bill. I explained that I already reached out to reception a couple of times regarding this matter. The receptionist (Lydia) suddenly got very aggressive. She told me I signed the bill and by the way I would be in Spain and should be lucky that she is talking with me in English. (I am German by the way, so English is also not my mother tongue). Not sure what prompted this. I walked away to have breakfast and she shouted across the lobby to me that she would simply charge me for everything. An hour later when we just left our room with our luggage the phone rang and she told my wife that the tea would be taken off the bill... having just checked my credit card bill, they did not!
One final note on the jacuzzi suites: I checked the regular Internet price for the room (700-800€ per night) and it is definitely NOT worth it. For that kind of money, you can stay in a Four Seasons or something similar. Not sure how the standard room would have been (for about 330€ over the Internet), which I still find ridiculously high for a hotel with this service level.
BTW: We also stayed in the Aguas hotel in the same town. It is a different experience and I could not recommend the one over the other because they are so different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa enjoys a privileged setting in Ibiza’s most prestigious touristic area. Ideal getaway for those who are looking for peace and quiet. Luxury cuisine at the Fenicia Buffet Restaurant and 3 à la carte restaurants: Gourmet Restaurant La Vinoteca, Monsoon Oriental Restaurant, Tanit Bistro & Bar. Exclusive bars and lounges: Tanit Pool Bar and Ibosim Bistro & Bar. Magnificient outdoor pool with a dynamic area. Fabulous 1200m² Prestige Spa. Fitness centre +16.Conference rooms. Spacious terraces and lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Thalasso Hotel
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio