My wife and I just returned from a two week stay in the Fenicia Prestige and we had a fantastic time.
We already knew what a pleasant resort Santa Eulalia was, having stayed elsewhere in the town several times in the early 2000’s before the Fenicia Prestige opened in its current form. As we were returning to Santa Eulalia for the first time as a couple without having to cater for other family members we were pleased to discover that there was now a 5 star hotel in the town which according to the reviews here on Trip Advisor sounded like it could offer luxurious and peaceful accommodation while giving direct access to the beach and facilities of this excellent resort.
We were certainly not disappointed. We booked one of the Prestige Junior Suites which in our case was located on the 4th floor of the main building and as well as having its own balcony also includes its own private rooftop terrace with hot tub, outside shower, parasol and loungers. These rooms are undoubtedly expensive but for the money you get total privacy plus all the perks of turndown service, hydromassage bath, 32” flatscreen TV and more.
One of the things we like to do while on holiday is to go for an early morning run followed by a few laps of the pool and this worked perfectly here. If it’s of interest to anybody else, If you leave from the front of the hotel reception, go over the bridge and round the beach corner, if you follow the promenade all the way to the very end of the marina and come back the same way it’s almost exactly 5K. We found you could leave your swimming gear and bathrobes on a sunbed by the pool on your way out and you were all set for a dip on your return. Incidentally there were no silly rules about when you could use the pool either so that made a pleasant change.
The food here is excellent - half board was included for us and it really was all you could want. We tried both the restaurants (Monsoon and Vinoteca) and although they were perfectly OK the regular buffet is so good that for us there really didn’t seem much point in paying the 20€ per person supplement for just slightly different food and waiter service. For both breakfast and dinner you have the option of sitting inside the air-conditioned restaurant or outside in the terrace area and we always chose the latter but that does lead me to my only big complaint which is probably more about some other guests rather than the hotel. Why, oh why do some people feel the need to smoke in outside eating areas? It’s bad enough when people light up at breakfast when they themselves have finished but we even saw one pair of (English) couples finish their meal in the air conditioned section, then come out and occupy a vacant table on the dining terrace, then all light up oblivious to the families eating with young children next to them. So if I have one suggestion for the hotel management it would be ideally to ban smoking throughout the hotel but if that is impossible at least please stop guests smoking in the eating areas.
One of the highlights of our stay was definitely pre-dinner cocktails on the terrace each evening. The lady in charge of the bar most evenings was the charming Eva Lopez and she really is a star gin and tonic mixologist. The hotel has a long list of different gins (no Gin Mare for some reason) and each evening Eva would suggest a new variant of gin, tonic and garnishing which she then served up in style in classic Spanish copas. Terrific service and a great way to start the evening
We’re already looking forward to our next visit and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a little luxury in Ibiza.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa enjoys a privileged setting in Ibiza’s most prestigious touristic area. Ideal getaway for those who are looking for peace and quiet. Luxury cuisine at the Fenicia Buffet Restaurant and 3 à la carte restaurants: Gourmet Restaurant La Vinoteca, Monsoon Oriental Restaurant, Tanit Bistro & Bar. Exclusive bars and lounges: Tanit Pool Bar and Ibosim Bistro & Bar. Magnificient outdoor pool with a dynamic area. Fabulous 1200m² Prestige Spa. Fitness centre +16.Conference rooms. Spacious terraces and lush gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Thalasso Hotel
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa Ibiza/Santa Eulalia Del Rio