“Wonderful meal”
Review of Restaurante KING - CLOSED

Restaurante KING
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We dined her tonight. Had suckling pig & steak cooked at table. Both dishes were great portions & delicious. We opted for no starters thinking we'd enjoy deserts, but unfortunately couldn't fit them in! The waitress was friendly & very informative! What a great place! Will be back next year! Thank you

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Visited King on two occasions during our weeks holiday,and on both occasions Food was amazing.The choice and quality was exceptional and the service from Sandra fantastic.Well done Sandra and Jose a truly pleasurable dining experience for Me ,My Husband and Son.Will definitely recommend.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

It's hard to judge King from the street - neither the name nor the decor give you much of a clue. This probably explains why we missed it last year when it first opened. This year, though, a couple of items on the menu caught our eye as we passed, and we decided to give it a go. I'm very glad we did.

I started with the crawfish (which I think were actually langoustines!), which were simply cooked with a little garlic, and delicious. My wife had the caramelized peppers with goats' cheese and honey - a very nice and balanced combination, with the acidity of the cheese offsetting the sweetness of the peppers, and the honey adding a little catch to the flavour.

The real test, though, came with the mains. My wife went for the grilled chicken - a simple dish which is difficult to make much of. She reports, though, that it was excellent - well-seasoned with a little rock salt, succulent and full of flavour. I opted for the suckling pig, and it was everything I'd hoped for - wafer-thin crispy skin and full-flavour meat that had been slow-cooked to perfection and fell off the bone. The vegetables with both our mains were simple but also packed with flavour - obviously chosen with care.

My only regret is that neither of us had room left for a dessert. Some of the portions (the pepper and goats' cheese starter; the suckling pig) are extremely generous, and next time I'll have to bring a bigger appetite.

When the bill arrived, I was very pleasantly surprised. Even allowing for the fact that we skipped desert, the bill was low - quite a bit less than I've paid elsewhere along the port, often for food that wasn't a patch on King's.

The atmosphere in this tiny restaurant is relaxed and friendly - you'll feel comfortable there whether with kids or just as a couple. And if you're a bit of a foodie, like me, you have to give it a try. It's now on my shortlist of good port restaurants, and I'm looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely evening meal here with my wife and daughter. The choice was excellent and all the meals that we had were fantastic- very large portions !
The waitress was very helpful and attentive , also a lovely place to eat opposite the luxury yachts in the harbour.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Returning again this year with our family to find the little gem of a restaurant still running with the nicest waitress and the best food in Mahon ! we were so glad to see that it was in business and the menu fantastic. the Fresh fish, pork ribs and chicken all fresh and beautifully presented. Great efficient service and very reasonable for a family of four. The view is great as you can sit and watch the super yaughts mooring knowing that you are having better food than their personal chefs on board !