“Bit of a rip off!!”
Review of Terra Bistro & Bar - CLOSED

Terra Bistro & Bar
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had seen this restaurant earlier in our holiday to Mahon and as we always have a "treat night" we decided this would be the place. I chose langoustine from the special board and was informed by the waitress that 2 large langoustine cost 38 euros. As this is one of my favourite fish I decided to go for it. I am not exaggerating when I say that I got 4 tiny forkfuls of fish and between the fish was a tiny pile of shredded lettuce and 3 slivers of beetroot. I have actually seen bigger langoustine in my local supermarket in West Yorkshire!! I was so disappointed with my dish but hubby wouldn't let me complain as he hates a fuss. I was still really hungry when I had finished the meal despite sharing a starter with my husband of VERY salty scrambled eggs with asparagus and ham.
On the positive side my husband enjoyed his monkfish which came with potatoes and veg.
Over 100 euros for this meal with wine. Needless to say we will not be returning.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

In my opinion is the best restaurant in the port of Mahon. Waiter does some suggestion based on the availability of some special fishes or dishes and all of them are fantastic. The price is quite good related with the quality of the food.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Almost the last restaurant in the ES Castell end of the port away from the busy central part. (No one trying to persuade you in from the pavement). As with most restaurants in the port right next to the busy road, but with less passing traffic, which was a bonus. Offered a large choice of fish, but went for the squid which was very good. All the food was very good as was the bottle of red wine. Friendly service, prices on par with the port. Would recommend especially if you like fish.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

We ended up here by chance after walking past so many times, saying that one day we will try it.
So, this was the day. Mid week and we were the only diners, the waitress Paula was helpful and attentive as we chose our meal. The house white wine was excellent.
We asked for starters as mains [this was a late lunch and we didn't want huge plates] nothing that we asked for was a problem, Paula told us that everything was prepared freshly by the chef and the dishes would take a little while so she suggested a portion of Russian salad as we waited.
Excellent suggestion with excellent food to follow, would really recommend this anyone, not a cheap eat but great food and value for money

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

The Fish dishes were wonderful. We had bacalao con almendras (cod with almond sauce) on a rice base and cod with tomato sauce- cooked to perfection. Also the starter and postre were beautifully presented and service thanks to Paula was excellent.

1  Thank Margret M