“One of the best on the island!”
Review of El Rais

El Rais
Ranked #11 of 235 Restaurants in Mahon
Reviewed 7 October 2017

And so to El Rais, on the site of the former Marivent, on the Mahon port road. You can't go wrong with the location, the room open to the sea right by the marina - fabulous! And the food, absolutely excellent! The four of us shared four starters - the rolled Caesar salad was a revelation, as was the beef chilli. Main courses great as well; my veal (remember it's steak over here) was mouth watering, as was the octopus, pork teriyaki and paella. We shared two desserts, excellent too. Prices extremely reasonable for somewhere like this. My only criticism was the slightly slow service but that didn't bother us unduly. High on my list of 'must go to restaurants on the island. Fab!

3  Thank IanRHamilton

Reviewed 23 September 2017

My friend and Imdined here last Thursday lunch time and the food was excellent we started with the tomato bread
Our mains were veal and short rib of beef which were cooked to perfection. We had a local wine from Binafidet which was very palatable. We were so full we did not manage any desert but did see some that other diners had and looked amazing. I would seriously recommend this restaurant

2  Thank Seasonedtraveller076
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

All the dishes were fantastic, surprising in every one of them. I have been plenty of times in Menorca and this together with ses forquilles are the best in Mao.
Rices were well done and you must try foie and prawn carpaccio.
Desserts were also a good end to the night.

1  Thank Carles R
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I went there with my family at lunch time. Views from the port are great, there's a chill out and the place is beautifully decorated. But, there's no a/c.

The waiter was quite rude and the service was overall slow, they run out of large waters and the wine was warm.

I had the "pluma ibèrica" and it was awsome and the tuna tataki was also good. I can't recommend the rices thought, none of them was worth the price.

Desserts were good, the milk-rice excellent and the tatin cake too.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Wonderful sea food - don't miss the black rice with cuttlefish! Good wine selection, friendly service and good views from the open, first floor restaurant.