“Nothing speacial”
Review of Reymar Hotel

Reymar Hotel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Malgrat de Mar
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I visited Malgrat de Mar and Santa Susana 6 times. All hotels were similar. The food in Reymar is good enough, One can find all what any stomach needs. Reception is fine. They speak almoust all languages. I always traveled to Malgrat de Mar without picking out my hotel. Right. Those were "Hotels of luck". For those who are fussy that is not place to stay. Poor animation. But no problem to find hotel nearby with other thing to watch and listen. Occupy any table, buy a drink, enjoy yourself. But for me is more important all attractions I can see around. Little problems in the hotel never spoile my trips.

Room Tip: I recommend to stay not higher than second floor. No queuing for an elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Read previous reviews and thought it coudnt be this bad,food was awfull cant think of a word to decribe it.jelly for dessert cold soup,lots of pale looking meat truly horrible some people ie germans didnt seem to mind it,i have been travelling on holiday for years and have never seen food this bad.Shocked by the size of the bedroom very small with very basic furniture.Kept awake at night from the noise from people going to and from the disco next door Please give this hotel a wide berth and avoid it no matter how cheap it might be.

Room Tip: dont go AVOID AT ALL COSTS no good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alberdetravel
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at the hotel reymar for 1 week.we stayed at the hotel from the 31 August for 1 week all I can say is the hotel was clean but room very small,good location right in the middle of all the bars , clubs, etc but the food is very poor as it was the same everyday and most of the time very cold.there is very few English in costa brave mainly rude Germans or Russians,the pool is very cold well freezing so we could not go for a swim even Thoe the weather was nice about 28-30 most days,we only had one day were it was very cloudy.
But for what we paid it was good value for money just to get away in the sun for a break,I would recommend champions the English bar and also the litre house opposite.
But good location as beach is just over the road,the sea is very nice but gritty sand which was not a problem,
Would recommend the area but prob not return to this hotel but the staff are very nice and polite.
The aqua hotel looks very impressive but the price may be allot more expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My family of four stayed at the Hotel Reymar from 22.8.12 for a week. We booked this as a cheap getaway and after reading some of the previous reviews, we were slightly worried. But we had a lovely time. The hotel is positioned just across the road/train-track from the beach and right on the main "strip" of shops and hotels.The staff were all very polite and helpful and the waiters worked so hard day and night serving you drinks around the pool in the day and while we watched the entertainment in the evening. The entertainment was the same in most of the hotels on the "strip". The room wasn't huge but it met our needs. The food was ok, We had booked full board but chose to eat out for one of our meals a day. The Drunken Duck, which is just around the corner was lovely for your English food fix and the Maui Beach Restaurant, which was right on the beach front was nice for something a bit different.. All in all I would recommend this hotel. For the price we paid, we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SarahBaynton
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Recently stayed for 2 weeks. The most worrying aspect of this hotel was the lack of security.Members of the public could come in all the time. There were several thefts whilst we were there. Food was good in the first week then the staff must have been on holiday as it got steadily worse in the second week. Varied selection of dishes, some of them very strange; eggs floating in different sauces. They could not do desserts, nor decent coffee/tea for breakfast. Beware the drinks machine at breakfast! Cups and towels, in the rooms, smelled of bleach! Overcooked vegetables all the time and quite tough meat dishes. Hotel was very clean and the staff were polite and hard working. Pool was great for all ages. Entertainment could have been much better. Dated X Factor rejects singing the same songs, pre recorded.The room was fine for the 2 of us. However, if you were a family of 4, you got the same room with 4 beds in it. The whole hotel could definately do with updating.I would not stay there again, nor would I recommend it.

Room Tip: Not a room overlooking the pool, if you need to be quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was one of the worst hotels I've ever experienced. The staff was unpleasant at best, rude and grumpy at worst. The food was inedible, and gave no sense of the fact that you were in Spain. It was mass-produced bad cafeteria food. They cater to a more European market, and breakfast was nothing but breads, baked beans and boiled eggs, along with fatty meats glistening with oil. There was no fruit available at breakfast. They included water, "juice" that was powdered and mixed with water I think, and bitter coffee.at lunch or dinner you had to buy drinks, and were quickly scolded for bringing in even a bottle of water purchased (for far less money) at the market.
We felt completely nickel and dimmed here. You had to pay 10 euro if you wanted to use the tv in your room, 30 euro if you wanted to use the safe, as mentioned even water with meals was extra.
The rooms had a terrible smell - seeming to emanate from the shower, and we'd been told we couldn't drink the tap water as we were "too close to the beach."
There was "entertainment" each night by the pool, from about 8-11:30 pm. They were bad karaoke quality singers. In the 7 nights we were there, one night had someone performing who didn't make me think my ears were bleeding.
Finally, most of the guests were smokers, and although there was no smoking in the hotel, they were able to smoke on the patio around the pool and all the doors were open into the lobby and bar, so it was very smoky.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless you are a smoker who has no taste in food, and don't mind a grumpy staff.

Room Tip: My tip is that you look elsewhere. If you must stay here, look for an upper level room, not overlook...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cubfancolleen
Reviewed 29 June 2012

After spending just few days of our two week stay in Reymar me and my spouse were wondering how come pighole like Reymar be awarded 3 stars. I would bet my life on this, eiter there's some kind of shady business going on in Costa Brava, or maybe all hotels there have low standards, and one should take away two stars to see whats the real value. I would never ever award the holiday-trashing moloch that Reymar is more than 1 star.

Or maybe they award the stars backwards in Costa Brava, that would explain a lot:

1st star for junk, undigestable food they serve at Reymar. This star alone can guarantee a long period of recovery after you come back from this place. The food in Reymar is the worst I've ever eaten in my life, and I'm a simple guy with simple taste. I always stay at 2 or 3 stars hotel, nothing fancy.

2nd star for ants coming out of the walls in our room (think about 'hygiene'; I bet the staff dont even know what the word means) and for leaking cooling system (on the fifth day of our stay water started leaking from the ventilator on the ceiling to the floor).

3rd star for incompetent and rude service, who pretends to be nice, but when you say about loudness and ants, and changing rooms, they suddenly stop pretending and show they real, blunt and uncivilized faces. Also for annoying cleaning ladies, who interrupt you every day and pretend to 'clean', while in fact they only do a kind of 'brushing the floor once and changing the towels' routine.

4th - for the awful noise, and so-called "attractions" Reymar unleashes on ALL of his visitors you cant avoid it, unless you stay out untill 11.30-12 PM). But if you like some Spanish/German voiceless, wannabe singers howling to the microphone EVERY DAY (and Hotel manager's 'favorites' perform 2-3 times in the same week, WITH EXACTLY THE SAME SET of songs and talks in between them!) till midnight, and preventing you from sleep after a day's trip to Barcelona, Girona or Figueras, you couldnt find a better place! Yes, if you love butchering of classic pop and rock standards, like Dire Straits or Elvis or Queen, prepare yourself for a treat!

5th star for poor drinks, and almost non-functioning WiFi, they so brag about. You have to sit near the bar to have the slightest chance to connect, and while you do, barmen annoy you proposing their 'mixtures' (calling them drinks is a misundersanding).

Wow, I bet this is the first and the last time in history pighole like this gets so many stars!
Punchline:
At the end of our stay we stopped calling it Reymar - it became Nightmar.

Room Tip: You cant choose a good room in Reymar. There is none. You'd rather sleep in a self-made tent on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple