“family holiday”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Malgrat de Mar
Leeds, United Kingdom
“family holiday”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

myself and my husband and our 2 children ages 7 & 17 stayed at the mari pins in july for 10 days. the hotel in our opinion was really good, excellent food, clean rooms, nice pool area.
friendly & helpful staff. would definately stay here again . :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank maria t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Jedburgh
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Was a cheap holiday in June for a week, but the resort was pretty average service in the hotel was poor the only good thing was the pool area

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoyBrookes57
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The other reviews show this hotel is great for the package holiday market. It wasn't our cup of tea. Having never been to a hotel with 'entertainment' or 'full board' I went with an open mind for a few days on the beach after a week of culture in Barcelona.

The hotel is easy to find and looks fine from the outside. All of the staff are excptionally friendly and welcoming, especially the lady on reception.

The room is adequate although the floor was never particularly clean in the 3 days we were there (it looked like the same water was used to mop all rooms on the floor). Our room had a balcony overlooking the sea (which was nice) and the poolside sunbathers (not so nice). The towels were horrible and resembled thin cardboard. The shower has a curtain rather than a screen so not very hygenic. Luckily we were near the end of a corridor but even so suffered from noise in the corridor, as well as noise from next door's bathroom.

I'm sorry to say that the food was abysmal. It was all cheap catering food, the chip tray was emptied the second it was put out on the buffet table. I can't understand the reviews saying the food is great. We had paid for 3 nights half board but I couldn't eat the food so for 2 nights we ate at a fabulous wine bar restaurant called Klein 84, near Malgrat train station, which did amazing inexpensive but elegant spanish food.

I'd love to go back to Klein 84, it's just unfortunate it's in Malgrat de Mar!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jimbo1683
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Been staying in the maripins for as long as I can remember! Hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff are friendly and will go out of their way to help! The food is good and the pool area is great, with a real holiday atmosphere in the summer!

• Stayed August 2011
8 Thank Alexandra B
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I'll start my review by telling you how difficult I am to please and wasn't expecting much as our holiday this year was on a budget. For a start, I noticed a review about the entrance being in between two shops, it is and I found this a positive feature. All the other hotels along the street had the pool right next to the road whereas the maripins was shielded by the back of the shop. You still had sun and there's a fabulous sun terrace, a real sun trap. I wasn't expecting much from the pool, the photos in the brochures do not do it justice. It was lovely.
The food was fabulous, I am the fussiest eater you could possibly imagine and I always found something to eat. I do not understand these people who claim there's no choice in hotels like
these, these people must have amazing diets at home and I'm not
sure what they expect.
The room was lovely and spacious, I take a lot of things on holiday, having a one year old, and we had
plenty of room. The beds were
made up and rooms cleaned daily.
The evening entertainment was
varied, not all to our taste but
there's plenty you can do just a
short walk down the street.
We loved the mini disco though, my son picked up all the dance moves they taught them. The entertainment staff were lovely too.
It's not 5 star but for what we paid in the school holidays it was fantastic and we'll go back.

• Stayed July 2011
13 Thank Bevanandjess
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We booked here for five nights After spending two in barcelona. Train to malgrat was pleasant journey though disappointed that no taxis when arrived at station. So we walked with our luggage and two young children the ten minutes to the hotel.
Hotel was nice and friendly. Downside was lack of fridge or kettle in room which would have been useful. Also we were above bar area which was noisey in evening when we didn't want to join in the entertainment!!!

However breakfast was good, staff were friendly, bar prices were very reasonable and the childrens entertainment staff great. My daughter loved the mini disco and water games in the pool. Resort was nice though would be unlikely to return as would like to explore more of Spain. We would recommend Casa bella restaurant which we ate at more than once which is only five minutes from hotel

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Clairetwinkletoes
teford
Reviewed 12 August 2011

what more can i say, yet again a superb stay. the most friendly hotel we have ever stayed in. food was good. five stars.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
#8 of 19 in Malgrat de Mar
Aqua Hotel Onabrava & Spa
Aqua Hotel Onabrava & Spa
#3 of 21 in Santa Susanna

Been to ALEGRIA Maripins? Share your experiences!