ALEGRIA Maripins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
H.TOP Planamar(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Papi(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Rosa Nautica(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Beachfront
Amaraigua Hotel(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Breakfast included
Sumus Hotel Monteplaya(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Pool
Aparthotel Iris(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Beachfront
Reymar Playa(Malgrat de Mar)
  • Beachfront
All reviewspool areatrain stationsaladbar staffseparate toiletgrand prixacross the roadplenty of choicefishsea viewhalf boardsan miguelgreat showerspent a weekchef cookingrelaxing holidayshow cooking
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we went with our three year old daughter, rooms basic mattresses all need changing, we had a great sea view and staff apart from a couple of grumpy ones were lovely..we were all inclusive they dont like you taking coffee to your room which is a same has first thing in morning when getting daughter ready would have been nice to have a cofee..The childrens entertainment although predictable was nice, our daughter made some friends...Id say worst thing was no life guard around pool or pool monitoring children runninng around the pool while parents drinking was a real worry i just couldnt relax..Pool is a small but ok, sunbeds get saved although says you cant and yes very thin walls...i probably wouldnt go again really because wasnt that keen on the pebbly beaches and some shoop owners not very happy...

Room Tip: Def sea view 5/6 floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lilly123Birmingham
Fergus_Hotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at ALEGRIA Maripins, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear lilly123Birmingham.

Thank you for sharing your review with us,.
We will revise your comments to seek improvements and implement them were possible.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Arrived Wednesday 6th August 2014 with my wife and 8 year old plus 10 month old. Check in process was fine, sent to the 6th floor in antiquated lift that takes forever to find our room which consisted of 3 single beds. Back down to Reception and was told our booking was for 3 adults, clearly there were 2 adults and 2 children stood in front of them and our booking paperwork with On the Beach confirmed this! On investigation they claimed there was a mistake between On the Beach and their 3rd party company in Spain. They said the hotel was full and couldn't move us until the next day though they would move some furniture out of the room and supply a cot for the night. This we were forced to accept. We couldn't unpack and were in limbo for the rest of the day. The next morning we took some beach towels down to the sunbeds at 9am and managed to secure some, 10 minutes later and we wouldn't have got any. We had breakfast which was usual 3* affair! basic but okay. Beans were cold and only served every other day. We saw scrambled eggs once in 10 days but luckily hard boiled eggs were on offer every day. At 10.30 I went back to Reception as told to the previous evening but was told our room was not ready and go back to the pool. Eventually around 11.30am a receptionist came out and asked my wife to go and look at another room they had for us, this was at the back of the hotel above the kids club, on the second floor. It was a bigger room basic with 3 single beds which on closer inspection were fold up beds with Rock hard mattresses. It had a bath so was okay for our little boy to bathe on a night. The TV had one English Channel, which was BBC news. I was offered no assistance whatsoever to move our luggage and the cleaner who was at our old room at the time even pushed the cot out onto the landing and told me I had to take it over to the new block myself which I think is a disgrace. However this I did while my wife looked after the kids. The all inclusive doesn't start until 11am but by now I was dehydrated from my efforts so finally managed to get a drink that I had paid for. The bar staff- Thomas is top class, very friendly and great with kids, a mature man and clearly experienced, Angel is okay if your a woman otherwise surly and the two younger men can sometimes be quite rude. More so the one without glasses. An example being that one day I ordered a vodka and coke zero and I noticed him putting normal coke in the drinks, when I pointed this out he threw the drinks in the sink, gave me a dirty look and made some obscene comment in Spanish to his colleague, he wants to remember that some English also understand Spanish! The female bartender tended to change her attitude as she seemed fit and the young guy with glasses also. The food was fine, sometimes a little cold and it would be helpful if they supplied a microwave in the dining hall so guests could reheat which in my experience is the norm. It is generally lower quality cuts of meat but there was plenty for everyone but very limited choice for kids. My 8 year old really only ate the chips and toasties from behind the bar (which were excellent) she did get chicken nuggets one night out of 10 and we didn't see a burger throughout our stay. Lunch times were the worst meal of the day, nothing at all for kids and limited for adults. Everything was cooked well though and no issues there. Behind the bar you can get toasties, plain crisps and peanuts on the all inclusive which is great. However we had to find this out from other guests as information supplied is poor. Kids can get ice pops but not the little tubs of ice cream which is usual on all inclusive, parents instead having to pay for expensive ice creams at the bar. The beer is San Miguel and seems authentic. You can have a choice of 6 cocktails which are pre mixed and seem okay as are the local spirits. not sure what the alcohol content is as I was never drunk throughout my stay despite drinking a fair bit. Also wine , cider and cava which is all good. The wine in the restaurant is 12% and the red I tasted was very good.the hotel is immaculately cleaned though I don't think our bed sheets were changed once during our stay. The pool is small with no lifeguard on duty and there is a small infants pool which was always freezing. It says you cannot use inflatables or ball in the pool but everybody did. The entertainment on a day is quite good and the evening is hit and miss, some bands and DJ night were good but there was no disco or anything after even if it finished early and the bingo night is poor. Estonian Sveta is fabulous and hard working, kids club is brilliant and my 8 year old Ruby totally loved her, she seemed to genuinely enjoy her work and was always smiling. You have to pay 10 euros per person for your all inclusive bands at check in which nobody tells you about and something I've never heard of before on all inclusive. As we checked out at 08.30 and received our 30euros back we had no opportunity to spend it so are now stuck with it until our next holiday unless we change back at unfavourable rates. This should be published, what if we had come with no money due to being all inclusive? The worst aspect of the hotel is the ridiculous drinks system, you are issued a card in addition to your band which you then exchange for a drink, the idea being to stop you getting drinks for people on half board or full board. This system is ridiculous as when you go back with your glass they either give you another drink or you get your card back. The thing is you spend your whole holiday worrying were your glass is for fear of being penalised and watching your 8 year old as to where she has put her glass, really you shouldn't have to do this on holiday! Also as the bar staff don't restrict the number of drinks you can get as long as you have enough cards or glasses this makes a mockery of the system as you could just take up someone's glass who is on half or full board if so inclined (which we never did) also if you leave your glasses unattended around the pool sunbeds whilst in the pool they will be cleaned up at times and therefore you are forced to try and get an unattended glass to replace what has been taken. The Maripins need to revise this system, they need to decide if they want to continue with all boards basis as it doesn't work at it is and just annoys holidaymakers who at the end of the day are the paying clientele. I have noticed that from previous reviews the feedback from the hotel does not really address reviewers concerns so I don't expect to receive an adequate response from hotel management but you never know! Would w e return to the Maripins? Only if they made significant changes to issues mentioned and we got a good price then maybe.

Room Tip: Robin Hood pub right out of the hotel then right at the tabacs sign 80 m down the road is very good British fare, cheap and good entertainment. Free wifi too. Hotel wifi is chargeable by the way
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank lance w

Dear lance w,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us.

As stated in several earlier responses we will revise the All Inclusive system and adjust it to meet our guests demand and assure that their stay is as relaxing as it should be.

Please accept our apologies for the room change problems, there is no situation in which our guests should move cots or anything similiar and we are sorry that this occured in your situation.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just arrived back after a week long, all inclusive stay. Myself (32), Partner (25) and 6yr old daughter. I read the reviews on here prior to our stay and though that it was necessary to share with you my own findings.
Firstly, the noise (or lack of). I was staying in the older block at the back of reception and I must say, I didn't here a thing. It was quiet.
Secondly, the all inclusive system that so many have mentioned. Yes it's not ideal but I think it works. It ensures you don't leave empty glasses lying around and you get served quicker and more efficiently. San Miguel was the draught served in pint glasses, not plastic thimbles I've experienced elsewhere.
Thirdly, the food. It's edible but for the typical fussy 6yr old eater it's poor - especially for Spain. The kids choices remind me of places I've stayed all inclusive in turkey or Bulgaria.

The staff are polite, the rooms are clean but so standard, a bit like the entertainment on a night time. It has been said so many times on here... You get what you pay for

Room Tip: Although not available in rooms, Wifi was available around the pool
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marc W
Fergus_Hotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at ALEGRIA Maripins, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Marc W.

Thank you for sharing you review of our hotel.
We will revise the comments made to improve our services.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here back in 2010, we loved it then but it was much better the second time round!! We had 2 rooms both were the new superior rooms which are newly decorated and upgraded all round. The food isn't great but there's a lot of choice and it's cooked well. We stayed H/B. We didn't know until later that all inclusive was available at an additional 20 euros per adult per night & 13 euros for children per night. The location is great, boat trips nearby. Train station up the road, we visited Barcelona which is just over an hour away. You can also visit Port Aventura by coach which was 63 Euros per adult. The new sun loungers are a great addition as there seemed to be more people here this time. We love the Maripins.

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Paddys44
Fergus_Hotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at ALEGRIA Maripins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Paddys44,

Thank you for your positive feedback.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed the improvements which we made and we hope to welcome you back next time you visit Malgrat de Mar.

Management,

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The noisiest hotel you will ever stay in.
Everything from domestic russian abuse to your next door neighbours toilet motions will be heard in pristine stereo.
The hotel caters for a wide demograph.dutch(great),russian(surly) and then brits,french.
This isnt a problem tho it spreads itself too thin on provision.
Food.bland.
Pool.small.
Hotel.clean.
Staff.fantastic.
I will not return,tho that is more to do with the resort than the hotel.
It is undergoing a refurb and the new rooms are great.its a lot bigger than it looks and it is a 3* hotel.ive stayed in better 2*.
Maybe next year the refurb will be complete....tho it desperately needs some sound proofing.
The only positive is that all the staff are superb.professional,informative and helpful.
It looks to be geared toward a russian market....that was the concensus when i was there.
And i was the one,along with a lady from lancashire, who complained about sunbed reservations.the signs went up and pool closed til 9am the day after.
So the self-centered(mostly english) idiots with gobby "look-at-me" kids had to learn consideration and to queue.......apparently,they wont return.
A hotel full of ruskies in exchange for a deliquent big-headed family from yorkshire...hmmm..I may return afterall!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jon1Derby

Dear jon1Derby,

Thank you for your detailed review.
We are sorry to read that you didn´t enjoy your stay as you would have liked to.
Currently we are evaluating our services to make sure we improve on a daily basis.