“Fab hotel excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of H.TOP Planamar

and 1 more site!
H.TOP Planamar
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Malgrat de Mar
“Fab hotel excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Me and my hubbie came here from may 13th-20th, after reading reviews i was worried where we were going, when arriving there i was relieved as the layout and the garden area is lovely, the pool was nice and clean. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you,all inclusive drinks were good and was never a queue, rooms were cleaned daily with clean towels. There were a few bad points:rooms were small, food was ok but desert was jelly icecream or watermelon everyday,quite noisy in nights as walls are paper thin and people slamming doors,entertainment was ok. Fab location as beach across the road,train station is 5 min walk loads of shops but not much night life.i would go there again as i totally chilled out, don't why there are so many bad reviews a cheap getaway i honestly think if they upgraded the hotel a bit and did better food the hotel could be a 4 without a doubtthanks for a fab holiday.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Ashford, Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently stayed at this Hotel and cannot fault it for it's friendly feel. All the staff are very pleasant and accomodating and nothing is too much trouble. The Hotel is small which lends to it's cosy atmosphere and everyone I spoke to felt the same.
The accomodation is basic in comparison to the 4 star H TOP Hotels but is clean and comfortable.
I would definitely stay hear again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

1 Thank Janice C
Horwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

well we stayed here from 10th may ,everyone is really friendly an VERY helpful ,food very good lot of choice ,rooms cleaned every day ,on the day of our leave a family member was taken ill ,ambulance was called an she is still in hospital the staff could not do enough for us ,as we couldn't fly home the hotel put us in another room free of charge an gave us full board ,pedro the manager could not do enough for us .down to phone calls, e mails, taxis,i would say to anyone please don't put this hotel down they have been fantastic to us in every way ,a BIG THANK YOU ,from anne an dave darby .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Dave D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We booked for three nights, we didn't expect too much but was pleasantly surprised. The reception staff were friendly, on arrival we did have to pay a fee of €5 not entirely sure what this was for? Our room was big enough for the 4 adults sharing, beds made each day and fresh towels although you cannot take these out of the room. Breakfast had a good selection of items and lunch seemed to be better than the evening meal but only eating there a couple of nights it was ok, we did nip down the road to a kebab shop one night! There is also a microwave should you need to use it. Hotel is located on the main street and you can head into the older part or down to the shops, the train station and underpass are within a couple of minutes walk. The pool area would be fine if people ever paid attention to the no smoking signs, as they didn't whilst we were there we opted for the beach instead. Entertainment was good and better than in some more expensive hotels.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ilovemyhubbydoos
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just back from a week at staying at this hotel. It was a really good stay, We went half board but upgraded to all inclusive, it was well worth it, food was good, drinks were good and staff were really friendly.,There was entertainment every night and room was tided up and beds made every day. Great central location and free bus service to other hotels. Was really surprised by this hotel - a wee gem, Would go back again in a minute.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Paula H
Clydebank, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from this hotel and having read the previous reviews and how they had been getting better we were looking forward to a lovley break this was not to be : first the plus points the hotel is in an ideal location on the front promanade with the beach and shops only minutes from the front doors the staff were great there was always something going on and nothing that was to much trouble for them and there is always something to eat at all the mealtimes although at times could have been a bit hotter and labelled a little better the pool is small but is a suntrap all day long ...,. Now some bad points the room we were put in was at the front of the hotel on the first floor but was very small the toilet was a closet if you shut the door you banged your knees, this said it was clean and fresh towels supplied everyday,we arrived late due to takeoff being delayed and arrived at 23:10 first to be told there was a 6.60 euro tax to pay with no advance warning of this, as if paying for all inclusive some may not take money with them we were then told that the snacks finish at 23:30 so we dumped our cases and went to the toilet this is an old pull chain system and would not flush we reported this at reception and grabbed a bite to eat we then returned to our room having been told it was fixed by night reception and that it was a little stiff just give a good pull on returning to our room we tried the toilet and as requested gave it a good pull and the handle came off in my hand I returned to the night reception and told them again that toilet was not working I was asked what was wrong with it I put the handle on the counter and requested that the receptionist tell me as I was not a plumber I was then told this would not be fixed till the morning so not to use toilet till the morning and that there was toilets in reception so not the best start to our holiday we had booked for 12 days and would probably have left right then however we decided to hang in there as things could not get worse Sunday to Thursday went by without any problems then Friday comes we had people running up and down the corridors banging on doors and shouting we reported this on Saturday morning along with a missing bottle of aftershave bought at the airport the receptionist asked if they could come check the room we returned to the room with receptionist and being told that the shouting and noise was usual for the weekend and not to worry about it SHOCKED to Silence by this we got to the room and advised that the aftershave was taken from a built in wardrobe from a top shelf and the box put back up beside the the other 2 we had bought I advised that I take my key with me and so only employees would have access this was not taken well as no company wants to think that there may be a thief working for them { Just for background info We have stayed at 2 other H Top hotels in the last 4 years one in Loret De Mar and the other in Calella and never any problems and certainly not over a 15 euro bottle of aftershave } we were then told that the Manager would be advised and would want to talk to us so we waited 36 hours and after no response we spoke to another receptionist they could not tell us anything as no details had been passed on but that the manager would be alerted and speak to us when back from lunch so we waited for another 5 hours went back and there is another receptionist on who again knows nothing about this so to recap this is now nearly 48 hours no manager informed 3 receptionists and no response as to what has or will be done .. But to give credit where credit is due the third receptionist a male took details and asked if he could have a few hours to look into we were going for a shower and change for going out and when we came back down the recptionist advised that he had reported to the manager and would have an more info for us when he came back on duty the next day when we went to reception he did have info for us I was asked what I would like to do about this having waited for so long and now being asked " What I would like to do about it " I did not want to make a scene as there were other people at the desk and I knew that the orders had came from above so I advised I was going to go for dinner and would return as wanted time to calm and reflect, when I returned I was offered tickets to the Medieval Night but this is not for us as this was to be a pool/beach holiday or I could have my money back if I could produce my reciept its lucky for me I am OCD and keep receipts for everything I buy we then asked to help fill in a form with the recptionist most of which was in Spanish so could not confirm what this was giving a brief statement of events a copy of the reciept was taken and we were given our money an apology this the first sincere one of the 3 receptionists we spoke to we seen out the rest of out holiday however over the days from when this was reported there was a definite change to the staff as smiles seemed to be forced but seemed to be ok with the other guests leaving a very uneasy feeling as if being talked about , I would like to close this review by saying -
Would I go back to H Top Planamar I would say NO
Would I go back to Malgrat De Mar I would say Yes
Would I use H Top Hotels in the future I most certainly would .

Hope this is of use and would answer any questions that anyone has also for the record " I did and have not accused anyone working for the H Top Planamar Hotel a thief a simply requested answers as only 2 people had keys the Hotel and Me "

Room Tip: Request one to the back of hotel as the rooms are larger and usually away from the noisey ones that...