“The best restaurant, cannot fault it!!!”
Review of El Cortijo

El Cortijo
Ranked #17 of 103 Restaurants in Malgrat de Mar
Price range: US$29 - US$36
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I loved everything about this place. Down to the traditional Spanish decor, the friendly staff & the amazing food!
We left this place to our last night & almost glad we did, otherwise would have wanted to eat here all the time!
The owner greeted us in Spanish & went out of her way to ensure we were happy with the food & service.
She showed us how to prepare the bread, garlic & tomato speciality correctly! We ordered the grilled mix veg to share for a starter & then ordered our main. We really didn't need the starter! The main was exquisit and portion size was enormous! I had the lamb which was amazing & my other half had the entrecot of beef. It was 3/4 of the size of his plate & he couldn't finish it. Everything was cooked to perfection & I actually am gutted that I can't visit this place on a regular basis.
Please, please visit here & experience this for yourselves, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

wow wow wow what a place the food and atmosphere are second to none,
The entrecot is out of this world cooked to perfection and it fills the plate.
If in the area its a must for a meal

Reviewed 20 September 2012

A fantastic restaurant! By far the friendliest of all the restaurants my girlfriend and I have visited.

We were shown to our seats in a nice garden area and ordered bread to start with. We were shown how to prepare the bread by an older female who we assume is an owner as she certainly wasn't a waitress. Despite not speaking any English, she was keen to ensure that we rubbed garlic and tomato onto our bread as well as adding olive oil.

Our main meal was perfect and the same lady was keen to make sure everything was perfect for us.

Price wise it was on a par with many other restaurants in the area although was far superior to the majority of them.

We left feeling well looked after and well fed.

A must for anyone staying in the area. It would be criminal to miss it!

1  Thank Danny H
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I was half board at my hotel, but wanted to try El Cortijo after reading other reviews.

It is a pleasant environment and very welcoming.

I'm a healthy male with a good appetite, but no, I could not finish the 'entrecot' steak - it covered well over half the plate, and was cooked to perfection.
The owners and staff could not be more helpful, and even took the time to teach me some Catalan.

This is an excellent restaurant which is also very good value for money - no wonder it gets so busy after about 9pm.

Most of the other diners there were Spanish, which is its own recommendation.

I will go back there, but maybe will order something a little smaller...........

2  Thank MONTFIQUET
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Good food, excellent hosts and mostly local guests makes this restaurant a memory you remember when you get home. Ask for a table outside. Try the bread. It cones with a demonstration in how the catalonians prepare it. The entrecote was superb, the mixed grill is a Texas sized portion and may easily be shared by 3 people.