“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Ferrol
Baiona, Spain
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Like the previous comment I arrived in Ferrol with no reservation as I had no time to plan my trip and followed the road signs as I wanted to to stay close to the Docks and the start of the English Way. I was greeted my Manuel who was very polite while remaining formal and who spoke good english. The hotel is new and modern in appearance and internal decoration. The bedroom was excellent large, contemporary and clean as was the bathroom and shower. The bed was also comfortable although the pillow waw a bit thin so I would suggest they look at changing them in future. Breakfast was good as the coffee was really fresh and the other Manuel was also a great host.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

As anyone reading my reviews by now will realise I sometimes leave sorting my accommodation until the last minute. Having not planned my route I had no idea of the types of places I would end up in. Ferrol was not what I expected it to be...basically a big dockyard. So I was pleasantly surprised, having followed signs for Hotel Valencia from in the centre of the town, to find a lovely modern and clean little hotel on a pleasant shopping street.
I should says it s on a level with our Travel Lodges, but much cleaner and more welcoming. Staff were excellent and I had a lovely clean, modern room, with quiet closing doors for only 30 euros the night! There is a very pleasant cafe on site too with a television for catching up with the news and a free car park to one side. There is a lovely looking restaurant immediately opposite which with hindsight, I would have liked to have tried. It seemed to be very popular with the locals. I would happily stay at this hotel again if I should ever be in the area again.
The gentleman who booked me in was charming and both he and the young lady the following morning both spoke excellent English.

Room Tip: High up at the front. You can see the countryside above the buildings on the other side of the stre...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I had been assigned to oversee a dry dock of a vessel in Navantia yard ferrol.
I stayed in Ferrol for 15 days , so the stay was pretty good.
Hotel valencia is located in the centre of the town and in the main street.
It is well furnished and good to stay.I would not be in a position to give an opinion to say whether it is value for money as my employer paid for it .Even though the food options were very limited
it was managable.