“Solo traveller July 2016”

The Saracens Head Inn Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I stayed in room 12 - upper boathouse, which was more like a small flat than a bedroom. It had everything including air conditioning. I ate in the inn each of the 3 nights I stayed. I enjoy my food and usually look for accommodation which has at least 2 AA rosettes for their restaurant. I was delighted with the quality of food and it exceeded any 3 AA rosette restaurant I have eaten in. The staff were all so helpful and knowledgeable. I enjoyed my stay so much I have booked again for next year

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank sudsgav2002
Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Popped in for dinner and found the place to be very busy, thankfully the waitress found us a nice table in the bar. The menu was well thought out, the chef clearly likes celeriac at the moment. The food came really quickly and didn't disappoint, the size of the meals were good. The atmosphere inside was pleasant.

I went back a couple of days later and found myself having lunch, the lunch menu consisted mainly of sandwiches and baguettes, the one I chose was axcellent and arrived at my table almost immediately. The view during the day iso simply beautiful.

I highly recommend visiting the Saracens Head if you are in the area, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

My other half and I had dinner here when we went to stay in Symonds Yat for a mini break. The food was delicious, the staff were so friendly and helpful. Definitely recommended!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank catfos85
Reviewed 7 August 2016

we went for a pint and got it right at the counter. We were then allowed to take it with usto the formiddable terrace. What a splendid view of the Wye and the people kayakking on it. Also the cable ferry moored alongside the ramp had us puzzled. Apparently you pull yourself across. In close proximity is a campingground where people loving outdoors activities may stay. Upon my question "why the Saracens head" the staff had to refrain their answer. Apparently noone knew the answer to that. I figured it has something to do with the crusades, but was left with a questionmark. BTW pricing is reaonable and service quick.

1  Thank Menno_13
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner here whilst on holiday. They were very accommodating offering us a table despite being busy. There are 4 eating areas, next to the river, under the canopy, indoor by the bar and inside the restaurant.
We ate in the bar at a lovely table with views over the river.
They have a good children's menu and I had a delicious monkfish, hake and bass broth and my husband a delicious pulled pork burger. They had some really unusual flavoured sorbets like lime and chilli and chocolate orange flavoured ice cream.
Definitely a good place to dine and a lovely setting.

1  Thank D1570YDannap