“Meal at the Inn”
Review of Ye Old Ferrie Inn

Ye Old Ferrie Inn
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I had a meal here one evening as it was within easy walking distance of where we were staying whilst visiting the Wye Valley. It is situated in a stunning location by the river and offers a good selection of food and beers. I had a lamb burger and my wife had fish, both of which were very good. The staff are very friendly and service excellent. Overall, I would certainly recommend a meal and/or drink here.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Lovely setting overlooking the Wye. Food was superb and even our drinks were brought to the table. Our room was very confortable. We'll ceretainly go back again as it is an ideal place for walking around the surrounding area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend and had a fantastic time.

The location is amazing with beautiful views down the river and a great terrace to sit out and have evening beers.

The landlord (Jamie) is great and very accommodating.

An ideal place for starting a canoe trip down the river or just exploring the local area.

I couldn't recommend it more, I will be returning soon

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Very friendly staff, helpful. Great food with best Herefordshire rib eye steak! Comfortable beds with view of the river. Good selection of beer and cider. Perfect for visiting the beautiful countryside. It made our one night away well worthwhile.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I only have positive things to say about the place. We had a group of 16 for a canoe trip over the 1st May bank holiday weekend in 2014 which I was organising. The owner (Jamie) made my life easy to organise and was an ideal landlord to have - considerate to all of his guests but also hugely (& I mean hugely) accommodating for our big group.

It seemed the pub was popular with people locally, but also with many people passing through giving it a lively and friendly atmosphere.

Accommodation was very reasonable (£15 pp for bunkhouse), and the food and drink well priced and of fine quality (full fry-up breakfast, coffee and orange juice for £6) at pretty much whatever time of the morning suited us.

The location is right overlooking the river, with a large terrace looking down the wooded valley in both directions. The ferry across to the other side is also free for people staying.

All round, a blinder. I will return. In fact, I have decided to go back within the month despite it being the other side of the country!

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here with some friends over the bank holiday weekend, This place was absolutely perfect- a good base for canoeing and walking. The pub has good food, great beers, and an absolute hero of a landlord who could not have been more friendly or welcoming. Couldn't have asked for more, and will be coming back.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for one night to break up my journey from the north-east down to Cornwall. I had stayed here 10 years prior and the thought it would be an ideal place to stay as opposed to a travelodge on a motorway!

Despite being later than expected, Jamie and some of his punters gave us a lovely welcome. The room itself was huge and overlooked the beautiful river Wye. I had a great nights sleep followed by a lovely breakfast the following morning.

Jamie kindly provided us with a leaflet showing walking routes. We had a short walk up the river and it's stunning! Symonds Yat is a hidden gem and YOFI is a fantastic place to stay.

Thank you!!

#1 of 1 in Llangrove
The Crown at Whitchurch
The Crown at Whitchurch
#2 of 2 in Whitchurch

Been to Ye Old Ferrie Inn? Share your experiences!